Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln v Charlton | Sun 27 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
     FFS just realised my phone auto corrected Matthews to Matthew's.
  • Options
    Great formation there. I'm a big fan of using players in their best position too :)
  • Options
    3 minutes to deadline for signing players tomorrow's match. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the match preview @ForeverAddickted , I know you put a lot of effort into these. Unfortunately with the shenanigans going on at the club, they've been wasted on me for quite a while. I can't think why, but for some reason I feel strangely enthusiastic about team matters this morning.  I've no idea how this is going to pan out, but I can't believe everyone else has missed the opportunity to post this...

• Options
    New owner, new signing bounce = comfy away win for us.

0-2.
  • Options
    Excellent preview, FA. Always hard to write it when background stuff are going on like they have been. Next week will be much easier once we have signed another 7 players! :wink:

Lincoln are a decent side, but hopefully will be tired from their game against Liverpool on Thursday. The whole week for us to prepare will have done us some good, especially after a below par performance and result last weekend. With Watson training with us for a little while, he will come straight into the side as Gilbey is out. Famewo allows us to have a bit of a more balanced and normal back four without the pressure of young Barker playing again. We need creativity in the midfield, so Williams has to start. Slowly, the team will start to come together but still an extremely young bench without players like Gilbey and Aneke.

The Sandgaard era begins in style, with a far more convincing performance and win away from home. Players now know they will have to perform because more bodies will be coming through the door very soon...

Amos
    Oshilaja Pratley Famewo Purrington
    Forster-Caskey Watson Williams
    Doughty Bonne Washington

Maynard-Brewer, Barker, Lapslie, Levitt, Morgan, Oztumer, Davison

Lincoln City 1-3 Charlton Athletic
    Bonne
    Washington
    Famewo
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Thanks for the match preview @ForeverAddickted , I know you put a lot of effort into these. Unfortunately with the shenanigans going on at the club, they've been wasted on me for quite a while. I can't think why, but for some reason I feel strangely enthusiastic about team matters this morning.  I've no idea how this is going to pan out, but I can't believe everyone else has missed the opportunity to post this...

Took longer than expected!
  • Options
    The main thing I know about Lincoln is that their badge scares me. It is like one of those Tales of the Unexpected charms that kills everybody who has it. One of the weirdest football club badges in the World.....Probably!
    If you've ever been to Lincoln you'll know that the badge is famously based on the general look of the people that live there. The women that is.
  • Options
    She clearly is dying for a wee, but would ya?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh no, as it stands ..... we've already dropped to 15th in the table.

It can only get worse.

• Options
    Be good for a result tomoz,think we might snatch it now the competition for places has suddenly & will hopefully continue to pick up...gonna go 2-1 Bonne & Pratley
  • Options
    Not sure about JF-C any more. Perhaps ok a left wing back, but I'm not sure he'll be on Gallen's must keep list.
    Morgan is still there or thereabouts, but I'm not 100% convinced. Midfielders who don't offer much defensively have to create and/or score goals, and does he really do that?
    With protection from Pratley and Watson I'd like to see Levitt getting 60 mins. He's potentially our best creative midfielder. Oztumer, if not.
    Still think Williams is best coming on for the last 35 mins. Really looking forward to watching the new players. Have seen Watson (and the Millwall forum is gutted we've got him, so he must be good), but never heard of Akin. Sounds the real deal though.
    Amos is going to be nervous after the opener last week, so if he starts I hope he has a blinder.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
                                       Amos

Oshilaja Pratley Famewo 

Lapslie                                                         Doughty

Watson       Levitt 

Oztumer

Bonne     Washington 
  • Options
    You beat me too it Elliot

Really liked the team but definitely agree with Doughty at wing back ahead of Forster-Caskey 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    The main thing I know about Lincoln is that their badge scares me. It is like one of those Tales of the Unexpected charms that kills everybody who has it. One of the weirdest football club badges in the World.....Probably!
    If you've ever been to Lincoln you'll know that the badge is famously based on the general look of the people that live there. The women that is.

• Options
    Remember the Charlton way. Lincoln 1 - Charlton 0
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Watched them against Liverpool the other night, yes they got a tonking in the first half, but in the second they played well.
    I'm hoping the new boys will be looking to make their marks, so going for an optimistic 1-2 to get the new TS era of to a flying start.

• Options
    I think it will be a tough game. I'd be pleased with a point given the current state of the squad and the need to bed players in.
  • Options
    2 0 win for us, please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Really liked the team but definitely agree with Doughty at wing back ahead of Forster-Caskey 
    I like Forster-Caskey at LWB and I’m tempted to put him there with Doughty on the RW.

He’ll get much more time and space to spray the ball about. 
  • Options

I like Forster-Caskey at LWB and I’m tempted to put him there with Doughty on the RW.

Lapslie has probably been at his best (when playing that Right-Back role) when he's been a wing-back so think its better having them on their natural foot
  • Options

Lapslie has probably been at his best (when playing that Right-Back role) when he's been a wing-back so think its better having them on their natural foot
    I don’t mean Doughty at right wing-back, I’d still keep Lapslie there. 

I agree it’s better to keep players on their strong foot, but with Doughty he’s so poor cutting in from the LW on to his right, defenders know he’s going down the line every time. When he’s at RW he can go both down the line and come inside. 
  • Options
    He scored against Crewe from the right. If he cuts in, he has a shot on. I think with Doughty it is probably a case of playing him on one side and swapping him if it isn't working there. That can be for many reasons, but usually is the defender is doing a decent job. A defender lacking in pace would hate to play against Doughty. 
  • Options
    Gutted,20 miles to my north and can't go.
  • Options
    OG aside which wasn't too calamitous, Barker has played well so far. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oh no, as it stands ..... we've already dropped to 15th in the table.

It can only get worse.

All Sandgaard's fault.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!