Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How to watch the live stream of Saturday's Charlton v Sunderland clash

Streaming passes have gone on sale for Saturday’s game against Sunderland.

The match at The Valley will be the first home league game of the Thomas Sandgaard era and will also be the first time the two sides have met since their historic League One play-off final in 2019.

There are a variety of different ways supporters can access the stream of the game to allow them to use money owed to them from season-ticket purchases.

All supporters

Any individual can purchase directly on the Valley Pass website. A match pass costs £10 in the UK and Ireland and £7 internationally - pricing is set by the EFL. Click here to purchase a match pass.

2020/21 season-ticket holders

Season-ticket holders can use their CAFC Cash to access a special three-game bundle for the club’s home games in October – against Sunderland, Wigan Athletic and Oxford United. The bundles gives season ticket holders a 20 per cent discount, allowing them to access the three games for £24. The bundle is available here until 2pm on Friday, October 2nd. Following your purchase you will be sent a code on Saturday morning which you will need to redeem to access the stream.

Any supporter who bought a season ticket can access an individual home game using money owed to them as CAFC Cash. Money owed from games in October has now been loaded into supporters’ ticketing accounts. Passes to access the game with CAFC Cash are available here until 2pm on Friday, October 2nd. Following your purchase you will be sent a code on Saturday morning which you will need to redeem to access the stream.

A special edition of Valley Review will cover all three games in October. The edition, which costs just £3, can be added to your order when purchasing streaming vouchers.

2019/20 season-ticket holders

Any supporter who purchased a season ticket last season and hasn't used up all of their CAFC Cash will be able to access Saturday's live stream with remaining CAFC Cash from last season. These are available here until 2pm on Friday, October 2nd. Following your purchase you will be sent a code on Saturday morning which you will need to redeem to access the stream.

Supporters living abroad

Supporters living abroad can purchase a season live video pass for £140, which will give them access to every game the club is allowed to stream internationally during the 2020/21 season. Click here to purchase.

A match pass for supporters living abroad costs £7. Click here to purchase.

Please note, end of season passes purchased with CAFC Cash for the 2019/20 season have now expired and will not get you access to games for the 2020/21 season.

Should you have any questions or queries on this year’s streaming, please email website@cafc.co.uk.

*Please note supporters CAFC Cash has been allocated for the three home games in October at the value of three games based on their season-ticket purchase price. Supporters whose three-game value is less than the October bundle, available at £24, will have their CAFC Cash increased to allow them to access the games, unless they are U18s with an account linked to the same household as someone else with access to CAFC Cash from the games. Should supporters not use the CAFC Cash on the bundle, it will revert to the initial money owed.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f71f56c04313/how-to-watch-the-live-stream-of-saturdays-charlton-v-sunderland-clash

Comments

• Options
    Wonder how many?
  • Options
    Going too buy match?.
  • Options
    Note... If you buy the £24 match pass on booking.cafc.co.uk (using your CAFC Cash) there is still the £1.50 booking fee that you have to actually pay
  • Options
    Wonder how many?
    Thought you were asking how many, as in the question asked last week after the Colchester (I think) Chairman was open about their viewers. Would be interesting to know how many CAFC (not Crewe) supporters have paid to watch.
  • Options
    I just bought the 3 game October pass.
    Clive's link above works.
    The link on th e mail the club sent, doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Any reason why they can do a season pass for overseas, but not us that live in the UK ?  Saturday pass purchased, shame we don't get points for these 
  • Options
    I bought the October pass with the programme thrown in, but I was a bit peeved that I had to pay the booking fee of £1.50 via my debit card.
  • Options
    all done, shame you can't take the £1.50 as well out of it, but it's not really much of a hassle.....if this is the only way to see the games then so be it.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    shine166 said:
    Any reason why they can do a season pass for overseas, but not us that live in the UK ?  Saturday pass purchased, shame we don't get points for these 
    Because if everything were to return to normal in November there would be a blackout on the 3pm games, so you'd have paid for something you're not actually allowed anymore

Overseas fans arent restricted to that blackout so when they pay £140 they're guaranteed to get all 46-games - Would be good if there was a UK Season Pass that covered all midweek games though
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Because if everything were to return to normal in November there would be a blackout on the 3pm games, so you'd have paid for something you're not actually allowed anymore

Overseas fans arent restricted to that blackout so when they pay £140 they're guaranteed to get all 46-games - Would be good if there was a UK Season Pass that covered all midweek games though
    I very much doubt it will though, Boris said last week that restrictions are in place for 6 months.. cant see 8000 people being let into The Valley while nothing else changes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

I very much doubt it will though, Boris said last week that restrictions are in place for 6 months.. cant see 8000 people being let into The Valley while nothing else changes. 
    Yeah I agree... November was a silly example to use, whilst I'd be very surprised if things went back to normal I guess the club wouldnt want to take the risk where they've offered a product to the fans which they would have to ultimately take it away again... Of course they'd offer refunds but imagine you'd still have people complaining that they've purchased something on the promise of seeing 46-games yet dont get that
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Yeah I agree... November was a silly example to use, whilst I'd be very surprised if things went back to normal I guess the club wouldnt want to take the risk where they've offered a product to the fans which they would have to ultimately take it away again... Of course they'd offer refunds but imagine you'd still have people complaining that they've purchased something on the promise of seeing 46-games yet dont get that
    Yeah that makes sense, shame they can't just add terms and conditions on the purchase. Tbh id be shocked if fans return to football again this season. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Does anyone know whether the international streaming pass for £140 covers these EFL trophy games or is it just league games that can be streamed internationally?
  • Options
    follett said:
    Does anyone know whether the international streaming pass for £140 covers these EFL trophy games or is it just league games that can be streamed internationally?
    Am not sure... Did you watch the AFC Wimbledon game on the £140 season pass?
  • Options
    follett said:
    I bought it after the Wimbledon game. I've had a look and the game is able to be streamed internationally so should be included in the pass.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I think this may be because the conditions may change in relation to crowds although it is looking increasingly unlikely. But if we can go to the games, we can't access the stream as per the situation before.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

What, like when they sold 22 game STs on the promise that fans would definitely be allowed to go??
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

What, like when they sold 22 game STs on the promise that fans would definitely be allowed to go??
    Very true... Great comment actually!!
  • Options
    Yeah but how do you really stream the game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

When did CAFC say fans would definitely be allowed to go bearing in mind it's not their decision?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

When did CAFC say fans would definitely be allowed to go bearing in mind it's not their decision?
    In the information on the website on 22 game STs.
  • Options

Personally, I read the word hoped as hoped.

You appear to read the word hoped as definitely.

Unless you are referring to something else?

"Following the release of Charlton’s fixtures, a new season-ticket package for 22 games went on sale on Monday morning. 

It is hoped that crowds of between 6,000 and 8,500 will be allowed back into The Valley from October, providing government guidelines allow it.

The new 22-game season ticket will include every Charlton home game except the game against Doncaster Rovers on Saturday, September 19th. That game will either take place behind closed doors or in front of a small crowd as part of a test event ahead of games returning in October in accordance with government guidelines.

Those who have already purchased a full season ticket will be updated on compensation for the Doncaster game once the club has further information on in-stadium and streaming access to the game. 

The adjusted season-ticket prices have been calculated by removing the value of one game from the initial price. The prices remain at the early-bird pricing.  

Charlton continues to remain committed to offering affordable football. The cheapest adult season ticket at The Valley in the 2020/21 season is priced at £249 which equates to £11.32 per game."

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f3ff7b967543/new-22-game-season-ticket-goes-on-sale

• Options
    dickplumb said:
    I bought the October pass with the programme thrown in, but I was a bit peeved that I had to pay the booking fee of £1.50 via my debit card.
    Yes a shame you can't pay for that with CAFC Cash as well

I can tolerate a £1.50 booking fee when that's paying for physical postage of the programme
  • Options
    follett said:
    No.  I am 'international' and am being offered a seperate, one off, subscription to tomorrows game.  Looked into it and it is only league games and only those that Valley Pass is allowed to show, which is the majority of the games. 
  • Options
    I'm working on my office, so will have audio. 
  • Options
    So...if I were to live in a different country, maybe in a town called Victoria Palm Nova, I could stream all games - home and away - for £140...so long as I didn’t return to England whilst the matches were on.

Looking down the barrel of £400+ for the season if you live in the UK, is it not simply the sensible thing to do to relocate to said town and get the bundle?

Asking for an international friend...
  • Options
    As a renewed S/T holder having the stream "for free" is better than nothing...but I think it's taking the piss having to pay the £1.50 transaction fee on top.  Each home match is around £20 on the S/T so they could easily make the stream completely free.
  • Options

Reminder for those with CAFC Cash

2020/21 season-ticket holders

Season-ticket holders can use their CAFC Cash to access a special three-game bundle for the club’s home games in October – against Sunderland, Wigan Athletic and Oxford United. The bundles gives season ticket holders a 20 per cent discount, allowing them to access the three games for £24. The bundle is available here until 2pm on Friday, October 2nd. Following your purchase you will be sent a code on Saturday morning which you will need to redeem to access the stream.

Any supporter who bought a season ticket can access an individual home game using money owed to them as CAFC Cash. Money owed from games in October has now been loaded into supporters’ ticketing accounts. Passes to access the game with CAFC Cash are available here until 2pm on Friday, October 2nd. Following your purchase you will be sent a code on Saturday morning which you will need to redeem to access the stream.

A special edition of Valley Review will cover all three games in October. The edition, which costs just £3, can be added to your order when purchasing streaming vouchers.

2019/20 season-ticket holders

Any supporter who purchased a season ticket last season and hasn't used up all of their CAFC Cash will be able to access Saturday's live stream with remaining CAFC Cash from last season. These are available here until 2pm on Friday, October 2nd. Following your purchase you will be sent a code on Saturday morning which you will need to redeem to access the stream.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f71f56c04313/how-to-watch-the-live-stream-of-saturdays-charlton-v-sunderland-clash