Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How to watch the live stream of Saturday's Charlton v Sunderland clash

Comments

• Options
    cafc-west said:
    As a renewed S/T holder having the stream "for free" is better than nothing...but I think it's taking the piss having to pay the £1.50 transaction fee on top.  Each home match is around £20 on the S/T so they could easily make the stream completely free.
    It's not so bad when you buy a "bundle" of games plus programme, as it's still just the one fee

• Options
    Just realised the time, tried to get the special 3 game bundle & its gone. Can't even seem to be able to use my CAFC Cash for the usual £10 stream.

Help !!!!!
  • Options
    clive said:

Reminder for those with CAFC Cash

2020/21 season-ticket holders

Season-ticket holders can use their CAFC Cash to access a special three-game bundle for the club’s home games in October – against Sunderland, Wigan Athletic and Oxford United. The bundles gives season ticket holders a 20 per cent discount, allowing them to access the three games for £24. The bundle is available here until 2pm on Friday, October 2nd. Following your purchase you will be sent a code on Saturday morning which you will need to redeem to access the stream.

Any supporter who bought a season ticket can access an individual home game using money owed to them as CAFC Cash. Money owed from games in October has now been loaded into supporters’ ticketing accounts. Passes to access the game with CAFC Cash are available here until 2pm on Friday, October 2nd. Following your purchase you will be sent a code on Saturday morning which you will need to redeem to access the stream.

A special edition of Valley Review will cover all three games in October. The edition, which costs just £3, can be added to your order when purchasing streaming vouchers.

2019/20 season-ticket holders

Any supporter who purchased a season ticket last season and hasn't used up all of their CAFC Cash will be able to access Saturday's live stream with remaining CAFC Cash from last season. These are available here until 2pm on Friday, October 2nd. Following your purchase you will be sent a code on Saturday morning which you will need to redeem to access the stream.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f71f56c04313/how-to-watch-the-live-stream-of-saturdays-charlton-v-sunderland-clash

Just seen this.

Surely there isn't a 25 hr cut-off for ST holders. Any thoughts @clive ?
  • Options
    Just rung the ticket office. Only thing I can now do is to pay £10.

bastards.
  • Options
    clive said:

Season-ticket holders can use their CAFC Cash to access a special three-game bundle for the club’s home games in October – against Sunderland, Wigan Athletic and Oxford United. The bundles gives season ticket holders a 20 per cent discount, allowing them to access the three games for £24. The bundle is available here until 2pm on Friday, October 2nd. Following your purchase you will be sent a code on Saturday morning which you will need to redeem to access the stream.

Any supporter who bought a season ticket can access an individual home game using money owed to them as CAFC Cash. Money owed from games in October has now been loaded into supporters’ ticketing accounts. Passes to access the game with CAFC Cash are available here until 2pm on Friday, October 2nd. Following your purchase you will be sent a code on Saturday morning which you will need to redeem to access the stream.

A special edition of Valley Review will cover all three games in October. The edition, which costs just £3, can be added to your order when purchasing streaming vouchers.

Any supporter who purchased a season ticket last season and hasn't used up all of their CAFC Cash will be able to access Saturday's live stream with remaining CAFC Cash from last season. These are available here until 2pm on Friday, October 2nd. Following your purchase you will be sent a code on Saturday morning which you will need to redeem to access the stream.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f71f56c04313/how-to-watch-the-live-stream-of-saturdays-charlton-v-sunderland-clash

Just seen this.

Surely there isn't a 25 hr cut-off for ST holders. Any thoughts @clive ?
    Well they need time to issue out the codes seeing its all done via. the ticket booking website rather than on the stream website

You've had plenty of time to get it done so no one's fault but your own
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    RedRyan said:
    So...if I were to live in a different country, maybe in a town called Victoria Palm Nova, I could stream all games - home and away - for £140...so long as I didn’t return to England whilst the matches were on.

Looking down the barrel of £400+ for the season if you live in the UK, is it not simply the sensible thing to do to relocate to said town and get the bundle?

Asking for an international friend...
    From a personal economics viewpoint, yes, all you have said it factually correct.  If you take into account that iFollow is the only revenue stream for the club for the foreseeable, then you it becomes a little bit more difficult to justify  
  • Options
    clive said:

So if you buy the Oct bundle, looks like only 1 x £1.50 transaction fee and discount on the stream.....  Sounds like a good deal.
  • Options
    Can you buy for the whole season?

What is Season Pass is it does not include live match streaming????

Season Pass - 2020/21

With the seasonal pass, you will be able to gain exclusive access to Valley Pass, Charlton Athletic's premium online video service for the 2020/21 season. This pass DOES NOT include live match streaming except for certain pre-season games.

• Options

Season Pass - 2020/21

With the seasonal pass, you will be able to gain exclusive access to Valley Pass, Charlton Athletic's premium online video service for the 2020/21 season. This pass DOES NOT include live match streaming except for certain pre-season games.

That season pass is purely for ValleyPass so the highlights, extended interviews

The only season pass for live match streaming is for International viewers
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Season Pass - 2020/21

That season pass is purely for ValleyPass so the highlights, extended interviews

How do you prove you are international - could you use a VPN for example?

Are they not selling a UK season long streaming as hoping we will be able to go to games eventually?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They are not going to sell season bundles at the moment as it would be hassle if covid restrictions lessen and we can return to games.  Would be an administrative headache sorting out refunds etc so I think they are doing it game by game or month by month which is sensible.

Competitive games eg league and cup ARE NOT included on the Valley Pass long term packages and therefore at present you can buy them game by game at a tenner a pop.

• Options

Season Pass - 2020/21

How do you prove you are international - could yo use a VPN for example?

Are they not selling a UK season long streaming as hoping we will be able to go to games eventually?
    Yeah you could use a VPN to pay the £140 and then just have to have that turned on for each game

I've always presumed they've not given the season long option because they hope we'll be able to go to games again eventually as when that happens there will be a blackout on 3pm (Saturday) games - Its a shame though they dont do the option per month at the very least, e.g. ST holders can get this three game pass in October but why not do a pass that covers all games in October
  • Options
    How do you access it once bought? Have just paid the £10 but not got any email or code
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    How do you access it once bought? Have just paid the £10 but not got any email or code
    No you wont need to... Just go to live.cafc.co.uk shortly before the game tomorrow and make sure you're logged in

Codes are only required if your purchasing the stream from booking.cafc.co.uk because it looks like the ticketing site doesnt link up with the ValleyPass site
  • Options
    edited October 2020

bastards.
    I can’t even seem to do that. Do you have to log out?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    BalladMan said:
    RedRyan said:
    So...if I were to live in a different country, maybe in a town called Victoria Palm Nova, I could stream all games - home and away - for £140...so long as I didn’t return to England whilst the matches were on.

Looking down the barrel of £400+ for the season if you live in the UK, is it not simply the sensible thing to do to relocate to said town and get the bundle?

Asking for an international friend...
    From a personal economics viewpoint, yes, all you have said it factually correct.  If you take into account that iFollow is the only revenue stream for the club for the foreseeable, then you it becomes a little bit more difficult to justify  
    This is true and fair. Just wish there was a UK based season long option, as I live oop north so wouldn’t be able to get to the valley anyway, even when they do let people back.

I’ve also had my car written off in a crash yesterday so found the prospect of a couple hundred extra to pay for being UK-based suddenly more problematic.

But - you’re right it is harder to justify, especially now we have an actual proper owner!
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

bastards.
    No idea. Not going to bother now. Crap fan service. 2 weeks ago I forked out for 2 season tickets but I now have to pay to watch a live stream. Might expect that at 3pm on the day of the match but not 24 hours before it.  In real life if you turned up at the ground & had forgotten your season ticket you'd pay for a ticket & then could get a refund by sending in your ticket stub. 

And the excuse is something to do with sending out pass code & that takes time to reach me. So who's fault is it now CAFC have 2 crap ticketing systems......seems mine.

Thomas might be getting his first complaint & a request for a season ticket refund. 

• Options
    I've bought the 3 game package & received the code by e mail, which they suggested you redeemed asap to avoid problems on the day.
    So I've activated the code and logged in to valley Pass & clicked to watch the stream of CAFC v Sunderland (to check if working). It says -

"You are currently logged in but don't have access to this stream.
    To purchase a pass for this stream click on "My subscriptions".

Is this right? Doesn't seem right.
  • Options

bastards.
    Use a vpn and you'll save £3
  • Options
    I've bought the 3 game package & received the code by e mail, which they suggested you redeemed asap to avoid problems on the day.
    So I've activated the code and logged in to valley Pass & clicked to watch the stream of CAFC v Sunderland (to check if working). It says -

sounds like you need to contact them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    JaShea99 said:

bastards.
    No idea. Not going to bother now. Crap fan service. 2 weeks ago I forked out for 2 season tickets but I now have to pay to watch a live stream. Might expect that at 3pm on the day of the match but not 24 hours before it.  In real life if you turned up at the ground & had forgotten your season ticket you'd pay for a ticket & then could get a refund by sending in your ticket stub. 

And the excuse is something to do with sending out pass code & that takes time to reach me. So who's fault is it now CAFC have 2 crap ticketing systems......seems mine.

Thomas might be getting his first complaint & a request for a season ticket refund. 

If the games have no fan access your S/T money is refunded as CAFC cash.
    My S/T works out at £17 per game, so they have refunded me £51 CAFC cash for the 3 October games.
    You could then buy a 3 game package for £24.
    Assuming at the end of the season any remaining CAFC cash can go towards a new S/T, it all seems perfectly sensible to me.

It's CAFC's fault that the ticketing system isn't ideal.

However, it is not CAFC's fault that you don't read the instructions at all, or don't read them in good time.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

sounds like you need to contact them.
    I input the code again and clicked on activate and this time it said "success".
    I clicked on the CAFC v Sunderland stream, can't remember what it said, but it basically said you're good to go.
  • Options
    Completely disgusted by the lack of warning about the cut off for tomorrow's game.

I bought a season ticket on the understanding that we would be able to enter the ground for games from October onwards. OK this hasn't worked out but live streams make up for it in a small way (probably with bad sound).

Just went on line to activate my CAFC cash only to find that it's too late to get the stream and they're trying to sell me a three game pass for more money.

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Completely disgusted by the lack of warning about the cut off for tomorrow's game.

I bought a season ticket on the understanding that we would be able to enter the ground for games from October onwards. OK this hasn't worked out but live streams make up for it in a small way (probably with bad sound).

Just went on line to activate my CAFC cash only to find that it's too late to get the stream and they're trying to sell me a three game pass for more money.

According to @Covered End it's all your fault & if you moan about it you're a fool.

I mean, its not like we are in the middle of a pandemic, a single parent to 3 teenagers & have a life going on around me. But no, must be all my fault that I only remembered 25 hours before the actual game was going to be played. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Crusty54 said:

According to @Covered End it's all your fault & if you moan about it you're a fool.

I mean, its not like we are in the middle of a pandemic, a single parent to 3 teenagers & have a life going on around me. But no, must be all my fault that I only remembered 25 hours before the actual game was going to be played. 
    I put this thread up on the 28/9/20,soon after the club posted it on their website, so plenty of notice was given of  cut off  dates/times for ordering the stream by CAFC Cash.
    The club has emailed me at least twice with details of match streaming.
    Of course, silly me. Should  have realised that I needed to check CL every day to see if my SEASON TICKET wouldn't be valid ON THE DAY OF THE MATCH.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Crusty54 said:

I put this thread up on the 28/9/20,soon after the club posted it on their website, so plenty of notice was given of  cut off  dates/times for ordering the stream by CAFC Cash.
    The club has emailed me at least twice with details of match streaming.
    Of course, silly me. Should  have realised that I needed to check CL every day to see if my SEASON TICKET wouldn't be valid ON THE DAY OF THE MATCH.
    The club's email work is a mess. I didn't receive any message.

I had to go for a different seat/zone for this season. They still send me messages about renewing the old seat which has been taken by somebody else.

The problems may be down to having moved people around for social distancing but the club should provide information not CL

• Options

How to watch the game

Once you have purchased your pass for either live game, you can watch in one of two ways:

Laptop/desktop:

To watch on your laptop or desktop, simply click on this link. Please note, you may need to sign-in again.

Mobile phone/tablet:

To watch on your mobile phone or tablet, you will need to download the Valley Pass app from your relevant app store. Once in the app, you will need to log-in and press on the tab that says "Live".

Supporters are advised to tune in 45 minutes before kick-off, the live pre-game show starts at 2.30pm.

The club will also be offering live audio commentary for the game against Sunderland for existing Valley Pass subscribers.