Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• edited February 2021
    Number 7 knew he was going to get sent off.
    He went in studs up with the yellow boot with the black boot just behind.
    Brainless is a generous description for Maddison.
    He's just cost Bolton 2 points as Morecambe have equalised and match drawn.
    First he is accused of jumping out of s tackle and now brainless except,  lookat the action before you start reinforcing a biased  prejudice again. 
    You're getting muddled again.
    He jumped out of the tackle playing for Charlton.
    He got sent off for lunging in on a Morecambe player 12 mins after coming on.
    I've watched it about 10 times thanks.
    I'm not in the least surprised that you would defend the brainless.
  • If that had happened to someone playing for us the uproar at the ref and the whole world being against us would have been monumental.
    That’s a lame red , yellow at worse to me how else is he supposed to challenge there .
    great decision to waste two windows getting him in and then realising he’s a knob and jogging him on 
  • If that had happened to someone playing for us the uproar at the ref and the whole world being against us would have been monumental.
    That’s a lame red , yellow at worse to me how else is he supposed to challenge there .
    great decision to waste two windows getting him in and then realising he’s a knob and jogging him on 
    It's an EFL conspiracy I tell you
  • MrLargo said:
    Lasted 12 minutes. Impressive.

12 minutes is admittedly a lot longer than I lasted on my "debut"!
  • His studs weren't up but he did jump in dangerously.  I can't keep up with the rules nowadays but it is a minimum yellow and often red.  Three game ban gives him more time to scoff pizza anyway.
  • His studs weren't up but he did jump in dangerously.  I can't keep up with the rules nowadays but it is a minimum yellow and often red.  Three game ban gives him more time to scoff pizza anyway.
    He got there first and the other bloke took him out?
    I thought it was Mandy, not Pizza 🍕😜
  • Am surprised how much interest Madison's red has caused! 

He's feigning red card tackles!
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks horrible on the first video. Close up shows him getting there first but that contact with his right foot coming through doesn’t look good. At all and always looks worse when player is head on and tackled from the side.

• Looking at that pass by Maddison straight to a red shirt - he must’ve thought he was still playing for the mighty Addicks 😂
  • I believe he has a FIFA tournament on Saturday afternoon and a discount at Domino’s - all sorted now Saturday off work before a night of romance with Mandy 👍🏼
  • edited February 2021
    Forward’s tackle. Very clumsy technique makes it look bad. Don’t believe it was malicious but was a silly one to go for and it gave the ref the option. 

I guess he can’t claim to have Covid or an injured ankle so this is one way of getting a couple of weeks off on the PS5. 
  • Think it's a pretty harsh red myself, it's a clear 50-50 and Maddison gets the ball but because the other player comes off worse the ref thinks 'oh that's dangerous' and off he goes. 

Worst thing about it all as others have said, is who the fuck was he trying to pass to? Had a couple of simple options on, so not sure what he was trying to do.
  • Hope McDonalds are well stocked with katsu nuggets on Saturday afternoon
  • Might get overturned based on that video, if they appeal it
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Might get overturned based on that video, if they appeal it
    Maybe but it’s not if you get the ball it’s the intent, he did jump in a bit. 50/50 imho but they normally favour the ref in those cases. Ironic in that he hardly made a tackle for us.
  • sam3110 said:
    Maybe but it’s not if you get the ball it’s the intent, he did jump in a bit. 50/50 imho but they normally favour the ref in those cases. Ironic in that he hardly made a tackle for us.

Probably because he can't tackle properly and comes from the school of "better people think I can't tackle".

I just think that, finally, he's realised that his career is at a crossroads and he was, genuinely, anxious to prove a lot of people wrong. It was a tackle that smacked of typical  desperation when a player gives the ball away cheaply, with no thought as to the consequences of what might happen if you do go into in a tackle in that way.

I also think that you cannot argue that there was intent to injure the other player or, indeed, that the opponent's attempt to win the ball was that much different. 

Maddison now has time banned to reflect on what has happened. The very best thing he can do now is to turn up for training every single day on time and give 110%. That will prove more than one tackle be it fair or otherwise.

• edited February 2021
    sam3110 said:
    At the risk of being a pedant, it's not at all about the intent - referees are explicitly told not to make decisions based upon 'intent' given that it's impossible to know what's going through a player's mind.

What you can see and make a judgement on as a referee is if the tackle is dangerous or made with excessive force (which includes a 'two footer') but it's never, or should never be, based on intent.

'Jumping in' as you put it could be seen as excessive force and the red card upheld, but I think in this case it should be rescinded as he looked in control, studs down, got the ball - anyone's guess what the FA will do though, doubt they even look at appeals down in League 2 to be honest as I'm not sure they're aware football exists outside the Premier League...
  • sam3110 said:
    Unless you play for Man Utd it will not get overturned
  • Ironic that Bows has a go at him for not competing, then gets sent off on his debut for a hard tackle.
  • Ironic that Bows has a go at him for not competing, then gets sent off on his debut for a hard tackle.
    The two events could very well be connected - may have been playing on his mind that he wanted to show he's not a bottler
  • edited February 2021
    In answer to Baldybonce's comment on the other MM thread.
    There can't be enough Maddison threads.  I never get tired of reading what he gets up to.
    "If we can get it to 10 will you have his face tattooed on your arse?"

My arse is full - I could start on my face.
  • Looks like we dodged a bullet with this melt. Gone not a moment too soon and soon to be forgotten.  As Charlton footnotes go he's right down there with Pouso and Lepoint.
    There'll be more ink under his dermis than ever printed on his football career.