Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Chunes said:
    Well said - I agree
  • MattF said:
    "I demand professionalism".

This is part of the issue. He is absolutely right to say that as a manager, but the thing that concerns me is that the best managers in any walk of life generate respect from leading from the front. Setting a standard and proof of concept over many years that the team around want to follow.

Thats what concerned me about the wibble moments he has had this year. You cant demand professionalism and respect and then act like that.

Maddison was never gonna work out. He needs a 'Curbs' type character. Someone who hasnt got the kind of approach Lee has. Lets be honest, Curbs wasnt the type to right hook his own player in his playing days. Put Lee and Maddison in a room and its gonna kick off.
  • Believe he only signed as we were his only option. Wasn't popular amongst the other players...
  • That’s where I think you’re wrong, Bowyer very much is a Curbs type character in that respect. 

Part of the problem Curbs struggled with later in his manager career is he could not adapt to the changing attitudes and lack of commitment in a certain modern era style of player. 

I think a lot of fans have forgotten what Curbs was like as a manager. He was very controlling in a Fergie style. 
    Point taken - maybe a Powell type character.

Either way - I think the sum of Bowyer + Maddison = Trouble.

Maddison didnt do enough to justify anyone (never mind the manager) going ahead of him, so thats the outcome.
  • Those comments certainly do suggest that there were other things going on than just performance on the pitch that lead to the fallout. 

Certainly whatever you think of Bowyer, it's hard to argue that having a disruptive or negative influence in the squad will improve matters.

I'm hardly versed in social media experitse either but very few players seem very bothered that he's gone either which is significant to my eyes.
  • Chunes said:
    Well said - I agree
    One of my better posts
  • edited February 2021
    Already posted 
  • Sponsored links:

• BFG94 said:
    Was going to say it was a shame we never saw the real Marcus Maddison. But, in reality, we did - and that's why he has gone. Such a waste of talent.
    An English Tony Watt.
  • Don't think that's a fair comparison based on the stories.
  • BFG94 said:
    Was going to say it was a shame we never saw the real Marcus Maddison. But, in reality, we did - and that's why he has gone. Such a waste of talent.
    An English Tony Watt.
    Not really, they are almost exactly the same age, and one people keep taking a chance on, despite never actually scoring goals.  The other gets loads of goals and assists yet still no one wants him.

Maddison is far, far worse. 

We are still the club Watt has played the most games for BTW. 
  • MattF said:
    Literally logged on here to post that 
  • well he ain't got much else to do since he dropped his TV
  • https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bolton-maddison-afolayan-loan-signings-19772815

Both Maddison and Afolayan are out of contract over the summer at their respective clubs.
    And Evatt has raised the possibility of the duo extending their stays at the University of Bolton Stadium beyond the end of the present season, should all parties be in favour of it.
    He said: “They were the targets that we had identified. Obviously Madders, for instance, that was the one that we were looking at evolving late and that did evolve late and we managed to swoop in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting that Tracey was eager to wish him well. I’m sure if he’d done something wrong, like people seem to be suggesting, Tracey wouldn’t add a comment like this. 
    I think Tracey's just a very supportive and kind person and wants to see everyone succeed, whatever their experience/history/contribution at Charlton
    I highly doubt she'd be sending that sort of message to Southall. 
  • https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19066727.michael-jordan-helped-bolton-wanderers-boss-form-plan-marcus-maddison/

Quite an interesting interview, Ian Evatt is aware of Maddison's reputation, but thinks he can manage him...
  • Talal said:
    Interesting that Tracey was eager to wish him well. I’m sure if he’d done something wrong, like people seem to be suggesting, Tracey wouldn’t add a comment like this. 
    I think Tracey's just a very supportive and kind person and wants to see everyone succeed, whatever their experience/history/contribution at Charlton
    Alex Gilbey wished him luck as well...
  • edited February 2021
    https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19066727.michael-jordan-helped-bolton-wanderers-boss-form-plan-marcus-maddison/

Quite an interesting interview, Ian Evatt is aware of Maddison's reputation, but thinks he can manage him...
    Maybe a bit telling too from Evatt of his understanding of what went on here, it will be based most likely on Maddison's report so pinch of salt maybe:

“He understands and will know where he stands with me. There won’t be grey areas, an agenda or skulduggery. What you see is what you get.

When you are managing people in general you have to realise when they need a bit of love and when they need a smacked bottom. That’s life.”

• He has always been trouble wherever his has been.
    and he have a huge ego too huge for a world class player let alone an average league one player.
    also jumps out of tackles.
    Bowyer was right to move him in 👍👍👍
  • edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19066727.michael-jordan-helped-bolton-wanderers-boss-form-plan-marcus-maddison/

Maybe a bit telling too from Evatt of his understanding of what went on here, it will be based most likely on Maddison's report so pinch of salt maybe:

“He understands and will know where he stands with me. There won’t be grey areas, an agenda or skulduggery. What you see is what you get.

When you are managing people in general you have to realise when they need a bit of love and when they need a smacked bottom. That’s life.”

Sounds like Mandy will be able to oblige if he needs a smacked bottom.
    She’ll probably take him down a peg or two as well.
  • Talal said:
    Interesting that Tracey was eager to wish him well. I’m sure if he’d done something wrong, like people seem to be suggesting, Tracey wouldn’t add a comment like this. 
    There are exceptions to every rule lol,