Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    Obviously a wrong un, feels he’s better than the rest wherever he goes, fair play to SG & LB they must have been aware of his issues but actions of late means MM was not for turning. A legacy of our transfer constraints, it can only get better.

We all learn from our mistakes, or should do, don’t think MM does or ever will.

Wish him well but you just know it ain’t going to work out for him. A wasted talent blighted by his demons, not the 1st and certainly not the last. 
    I'm with you most of the way
    Tony Watt was a similar if probably less extreme example
    He got foisted on Charlton by the twunt - Tony didn't choose to come.  Marcus chose to come to Charlton, in the face of no other employment opportunities in football at least.
    Tony had his brief moment in the sun with Charlton, then whatever screws were prone to loosening, got loosened and his football career hit a slippery slope.
    Currently he's back playing regularly in Scotland, scoring a few.  He pulled himself back - Maddison might.
    FWIW my money's on Tony as the nicer bloke with a firmer grip on what's important.

I don't recall there being so many salacious rumours about Watt. The difference seems to be that he was a nice enough person but with some motivation issues. From the rumours and whispers, Maddison is just a straight up dickhead.
    Didn't Jacko say that Tony was a lovely bloke but every now and then would do something incredibly stupid, then was almost instantly forgiven, amongst the players, because it was Tony?
    Had to pleasure to speak to Tony on a number of occasions, absolute gem of a human being. He can be a bit silly sometimes, but nothing ever serious. 

He’s now doing well back in Scotland while consistently streaming games with his mates. Football is now a hobby for him again rather than the only thing he could do to pay the bills. 
    What’s he doing to pay the bills now? Streaming games?
    Doubt he earns much from Twitch, football still pays the bills but he’s settled back in Scotland.
    Motherwell fans seem to like him 
  • Couple of punters saying he’s doinked birds they know , think through apps 
    That or a fair few lifers know the same woman and we've done him something of a disservice!
  • Now that Bogle, Maddison and Williams have left who is the next victim for vilification to become 'SCAPEGOAT OF THE YEAR " ?
    Probably Bowyer based on numerous recent posts  ;)
  • Now that Bogle, Maddison and Williams have left who is the next victim for vilification to become 'SCAPEGOAT OF THE YEAR " ?
    Purrington will take it back
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    Obviously a wrong un, feels he’s better than the rest wherever he goes, fair play to SG & LB they must have been aware of his issues but actions of late means MM was not for turning. A legacy of our transfer constraints, it can only get better.

We all learn from our mistakes, or should do, don’t think MM does or ever will.

Wish him well but you just know it ain’t going to work out for him. A wasted talent blighted by his demons, not the 1st and certainly not the last. 
    I'm with you most of the way
    Tony Watt was a similar if probably less extreme example
    He got foisted on Charlton by the twunt - Tony didn't choose to come.  Marcus chose to come to Charlton, in the face of no other employment opportunities in football at least.
    Tony had his brief moment in the sun with Charlton, then whatever screws were prone to loosening, got loosened and his football career hit a slippery slope.
    Currently he's back playing regularly in Scotland, scoring a few.  He pulled himself back - Maddison might.
    FWIW my money's on Tony as the nicer bloke with a firmer grip on what's important.

I don't recall there being so many salacious rumours about Watt. The difference seems to be that he was a nice enough person but with some motivation issues. From the rumours and whispers, Maddison is just a straight up dickhead.
    Didn't Jacko say that Tony was a lovely bloke but every now and then would do something incredibly stupid, then was almost instantly forgiven, amongst the players, because it was Tony?
    Also Watt had 10-15 really good games for us.  Maddison scored a goal in the JPT. 
  • Maddison turned out not too be a good player for us.
  • The few games I saw him he was inconsistent. A few good moments, but never looked comfortable. At times trying to force passes and taking an extra touch or three than required before losing the ball. By the sounds of it the type of personality that would be difficult to manage in the team. We move on.
  • There's talent there, but I'm not sad he's gone. He needs to see this as a wake up call and get his issues sorted. That's easier said than done if you're in a bad place though. I hope he does, no ill will from me. 
    Knives are being sharpened for Schwartz over on the match thread. 
  • Sponsored links:

• He may had his balls elsewhere but at least he could put them in the box also.
  • edited February 2021
    Edit... Teaches me to check first, their game got called off lol!
  • Lapo would have upended him anyway.

• Loves that Paris top a bit much, but didn't have to say anything on his way out.
  • Goal and assist tonight 
    What’s the point of a comment like this??
  • If he genuinely has moved because he wants more game time, then he'll probably have a successful loan spell and earn himself another L1 contract elsewhere. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    If he genuinely has moved because he wants more game time, then he'll probably have a successful loan spell and earn himself another L1 contract elsewhere. 
    If you believe that you will belive Maatsen is a right winger. 
  • oohaahmortimer Goal and assist tonight 
    Also noticed Maddison won 50 quid in the valley gold draw....
  • There’s always a chance he’ll still be a Charlton player and Lee Bowyer is no longer our manager.
  • That's pretty damming from Bowyer and backs up some of what's been said on this thread 
  • Yeah if he didn't want to be here, then off he must pop.
  • edited February 2021