Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Quite pleased with this  . A talented footballer  , but a waste of talent for a couple of years now . The changing room will be a happier place  .
  • Sounds like he was quite disruptive. Would have hoped Bowyer would work on him. Seems the best move for all was to move on. Hope he can get his career back on track because there's a proper talent there and I'm sad we never got to see the full extent of it. 
  • I was in his corner and had high hopes for him doing well with us but having read what others have posted on the deadline thread have to admit that he really had to go for the benefit of team spirit. It could’ve been different but it seems Maddison f’ed himself over which is a shame not only for us but for him too.
    Any chance of a quick summary, or links to some relevant posts, for those of us who are more than 1500 posts behind on that thread?
  • edited February 2021
    aliwibble said:
    I was in his corner and had high hopes for him doing well with us but having read what others have posted on the deadline thread have to admit that he really had to go for the benefit of team spirit. It could’ve been different but it seems Maddison f’ed himself over which is a shame not only for us but for him too.
    Any chance of a quick summary, or links to some relevant posts, for those of us who are more than 1500 posts behind on that thread?
    Comments from respected posters (and backed by Cawley tweets) suggest that "injurygate" was in fact the culmination of several other faked injuries and that Maddison had already alienated Bowyer/other players well beforehand.

More specific details withheld at present.
  • thenewbie said:
    aliwibble said:
    I was in his corner and had high hopes for him doing well with us but having read what others have posted on the deadline thread have to admit that he really had to go for the benefit of team spirit. It could’ve been different but it seems Maddison f’ed himself over which is a shame not only for us but for him too.
    Comments from respected posters (and backed by Cawley tweets) suggest that "injurygate" was in fact the culmination of several other faked injuries and that Maddison had already alienated Bowyer/other players well beforehand.

More specific details withheld at present.
    Sage and OrpingtonRed two of the posters, can't remember the third. 
  • Good riddance. 
  • i wonder if we are still paying his wages whilst he's up at Bolton? 
  • i wonder if we are still paying his wages whilst he's up at Bolton? 
    Who knows, little use to us in terms of the cap if we are, however like I said, I'd pay up his salary if he didn't leave as posters like Sage don't make shit up and if he is truly concerned as much as it sounds.... we need him and Bowyer very far apart. 
  • What happened! Lol to league two. 
  • I am glad we got rid of him. Never wanted his attitude, which was well documented at Peterborough, in the first place. Next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Proper Charlton through and through.
  • Thanks guys, off to have a look.
  • Good news. 
    I don’t think he was the right fit for CAFC. 
  • edited February 2021
    aliwibble said:

Sorry for not replying to this @aliwibble but I’ve been distracted by the edge-of-your-seat drama on the deadline thread.
  • _MrDick said:
    Thanks for the memories, Marcus 👋👋👋
    Let’s all give him the clap that he so richly deserves.😏
  • last January I was massively excited about his rumoured signing but after doing some research felt we’d dodged a bullet.

So when we did sign him I was dubious and his on pitch displays of laziness and online shows of immaturity & petulance only backed that up.

But for me the biggest thing was I never saw any passion or pride in playing for CAFC never celebrated a result, never seen having a laugh in training or with other players, nothing on field either.

good luck to him but good riddance.

one thing I will say is somebody who suffers with their mental health is I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in the same place based on his ‘illness’ and ‘injuries’ 
  • Going to be interesting to find out exactly what he got up to, to have put so many noses out of joint.
    Already hearing that he had feigned injuries and upset quite a few in the dressing room as well as Bows and Jacko.
    What a shame, I had great hopes when he signed and like everyone else have been very disillusioned by his bizarre antics.
    Good luck Bolton!
  • It wouldn't surprise me if he came in, spent time with the squad then tells them after he has been in close contact with somebody who has had covid and yet to have his own test.

Complete guess but it seems the kinda thing MM 'does'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the goal of the season though!
  • I bet the squad are breathing a huge sigh of relief. 
  • He’s going to end up like Ravel Morrison and disappear in to obscurity. Wanted talent - drives me mad. 

People could come to me and they could go, David, you’ve been in the business twelve years. Can you spare us a moment to tell us how to run a team? How to keep them task-orientated as well as happy. But they don’t. That’s the tragedy.”

• edited February 2021
    I’m read yesterday that he would come into training fake an injury and then go and sit in the gym and do fuck all. Happened loads and pissed the other players off. 

He also said he was ill and would not say what it was and then he had been in close contact with someone who had COVID.