Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    I've no idea what changed in Maddison's life over the past few years, but whatever it was has left him as seriously damaged goods and his mental health clearly isn't right.

I would question whether he had found a peer group outside of football that weren't good for either his career or his mental health either way they probably dropped him when he started to act a bit weird.

Shame because the Marcus Maddison of two years ago could have and should have been a Championship player.

I don't think you end up like Marcus unless you have suffered some very serious childhood trauma, unfortunately. I don't think the bloke can help himself. 
  • edited February 2021
    mendonca said:
    It wouldn't surprise me if he came in, spent time with the squad then tells them after he has been in close contact with somebody who has had covid and yet to have his own test.

Complete guess but it seems the kinda thing MM 'does'.
    LB gave the game away when he said

“Then, someone he knew had Covid. And obviously he had that ankle injury, didn’t he. So, Marcus Maddison is not training.

I’ve not seen him for a few days. I think I saw him yesterday from a distance with the fitness people, ticking boxes."

He didn't say that Maddison had been in "contact" with someone with covid which is what people would normally do. "That ankle injury" and "didn't he" both cast doubt upon the validity of the injury, the fact that a Manager hasn't seen him for a few days suggests he has no real interest in him and that he thinks he was "ticking boxes" infers that Maddison was doing something that was actually only being done for the sake of doing so.

I've already said that we should move on but bizarrely find myself not able to do so. I used the phrase "dodged a bullet" when we missed out on him and he went to Hull simply because everything I heard about him told me that he had he thought he was a much better footballer than he actually was - one that was capable of brilliance but also lazy and a liability when not in the mood.

Then when we eventually signed him I questioned why it took 'til October for someone to sign such a gifted footballer - a player that can be trouble isn't a secret in football. Then, when he signed, we had the social media postings about what he was eating and how he was going to have to train by himself  - the sort of things people that are desperate for attention.

Maddison really needs to sort himself out and I hope that moving nearer to home will help him do that. There is one thing in life (and this isn't the first time I've said this on here) is wasted talent. There is nothing wrong with admitting that professional sport isn't for you if that is the case. What is wrong is pretending to everyone else but, more importantly, yourself, that it is because unless you train hard you can't play hard. In modern sport that is even more so.

All that I have said does not excuse LB in this affair and the way that he has handled players at times. I was called to task by one eminent poster on here for questioning why he so publicly lambasted Bonne for missing a chance - it served no purpose whatsoever to do so. He carried on doing that with others. 

That said, it's a clean sheet now and LB has learnt from that. He cannot, however, argue that he doesn't have the squad that he wants and presumably one that he thinks he can now unite. It's up to him to get the best out of them and that we really should be making the play offs. I doubt that the squads of Accrington, Doncaster and others have the quality or depth that we enjoy now.

• Just so annoying,thousands of kids would love the chance to play pro football,but dont have the talent,this guy has talent and skill to burn and is pissing it up the wall.So frustrating ,but I do feel for him as I think he is going to have some sort of mental issues in later life hope he gets sorted before it is too late.
  • Judging by comments on the transfer thread, he has been spending quite a lot of time knobbing his way around SE London - how does that work in terms of lockdown / stay at home / the player ‘bubble’ !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Complete bellend, happy to see the back of him
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I've no idea what changed in Maddison's life over the past few years, but whatever it was has left him as seriously damaged goods and his mental health clearly isn't right.

I would question whether he had found a peer group outside of football that weren't good for either his career or his mental health either way they probably dropped him when he started to act a bit weird.

Shame because the Marcus Maddison of two years ago could have and should have been a Championship player.

Sorry for your loss Dazz, I know you thought a lot of him and his tatts.

#prayfordazzler

B) 
  • mendonca said:
    Judging by comments on the transfer thread, he has been spending quite a lot of time knobbing his way around SE London - how does that work in terms of lockdown / stay at home / the player ‘bubble’ !!!
    Asking for a friend?
    Very good 
  • Lovely goal against Plymouth though. Shame he doesn’t have the attitude go alongside his talents.
  • edited February 2021
    I live in Peterborough and Posh are saying they wished that their clubs had the balls to send Maddison out on loan like we have.
  • Dazzler21 said:

That’s the real difficulty of going in to football as your career. At no point can you deviate from being top of your game, as with age it’s over too soon. 

Think back to when I had mental health problems and other addictions, lost my way in work for a couple of years, and had to start all over again in my 30s. Not possible to do that in football as you’re then right down the pecking order trying to rebuild your career at that age. 

Hope he finds a good group at Bolton and gets back on his feet. Clearly talented and on that alone should be no where near a relegation fight in league 2. The fact it’s not worked out for him at 3 different clubs in a year means somethings not right with his behaviour. But again, hopefully things will click back in to place for him at Bolton. 
  • edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

I have no idea about his personal life but it seems he has a child & is not in a relationship with its mother. If he is now living in London & not seeing much of his kid I would imagine that could have a big impact on his mental health. 
  • redbuttle said:
    I live in Peterborough and Posh are saying they wished that their clubs had the balls to send Maddison out on loan like we have.

Easy to say now, but I bet they weren't saying it when he was scoring all those goals (62) for them and setting up loads of chances for their strikers

• redbuttle said:

Easy to say now, but I bet they weren't saying it when he was scoring all those goals (62) for them and setting up loads of chances for their strikers

Actually, they have always hated his attitude.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Sorry for your loss Dazz, I know you thought a lot of him and his tatts.

#prayfordazzler

B) 
     :lol:
    Thank you for your kind comments, with the help of my forum mates I will be able to learn to cope with it. 

Genuinely though he was one of the most talented players we've signed since the premier league days, sadly he never lived up to his talent and it appears he has chosen to throw his career away with his ego/attitude coupled with his current mental health state. 
  • redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

Actually, they have always hated his attitude.
    But fans are happy to overlook things as long as the player is doing the business on the pitch
  • redbuttle said:
    Thought, they sent him to Hull?
  • Despicable is a strong word!
  • redbuttle said:
    Thought, they sent him to Hull?
    What they meant was to a lower league team. He was Billy big bollocks at Posh.
  • If everything everyone is saying about Maddison is true then surely Bowyer should come out at the end of the season when his contract is up and let everyone know what type of character he is. If he has nicked a years salary from us than let everyone else know what his like so no one touches him so he loses out on future lucrative contracts. 
  • Nicholas said:
    If everything everyone is saying about Maddison is true then surely Bowyer should come out at the end of the season when his contract is up and let everyone know what type of character he is. If he has nicked a years salary from us than let everyone else know what his like so no one touches him so he loses out on future lucrative contracts. 
    I agree.