Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Nicholas said:
    If everything everyone is saying about Maddison is true then surely Bowyer should come out at the end of the season when his contract is up and let everyone know what type of character he is. If he has nicked a years salary from us than let everyone else know what his like so no one touches him so he loses out on future lucrative contracts. 
    surely like most jobs he would need references. a manager/scout from another club i would of thought be ringing Maddison's previous clubs to get a feel of what the player is like. Not sure about going public about it. might seem a bit vindictive on the part of Bowyer. 

However, if the bloke is a complete wrong'un then by all means. 
  • Nicholas said:
    If everything everyone is saying about Maddison is true then surely Bowyer should come out at the end of the season when his contract is up and let everyone know what type of character he is. If he has nicked a years salary from us than let everyone else know what his like so no one touches him so he loses out on future lucrative contracts. 
    People within the game obviously know what his rep is - we were the only team (I imagine) that wanted him in the summer, I'd go as far as saying that Bolton were probably the only team in this window. Think he has fucked it all by himself 
  • edited February 2021
    Addickted said:
    From the sound of it, I would expect about 80% of us know one of his ex girlfriends.

Law of averages innit.
    80% at the very least 🥴
  • redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    I live in Peterborough and Posh are saying they wished that their clubs had the balls to send Maddison out on loan like we have.

Easy to say now, but I bet they weren't saying it when he was scoring all those goals (62) for them and setting up loads of chances for their strikers

Actually, they have always hated his attitude.
    But fans are happy to overlook things as long as the player is doing the business on the pitch
    Of course, in the same way Charlton fans didn't care about Lyle Taylor being an arrogant and selfish bellend until June last year. In fact, we loved it.
  • Belv said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    I live in Peterborough and Posh are saying they wished that their clubs had the balls to send Maddison out on loan like we have.

Easy to say now, but I bet they weren't saying it when he was scoring all those goals (62) for them and setting up loads of chances for their strikers

But fans are happy to overlook things as long as the player is doing the business on the pitch
    Of course, in the same way Charlton fans didn't care about Lyle Taylor being an arrogant and selfish bellend until June last year. In fact, we loved it.
    I wouldn't say the two situations are comparable. If he's doing what he did at posh... Not many would let it go, especially at Charlton. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Belv said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

I wouldn't say the two situations are comparable. If he's doing what he did at posh... Not many would let it go, especially at Charlton. 
    As long as they're doing the business for Charlton on the pitch as he was for Peterborough then I really wouldn't care about the rest of it. It's completely comparable to Taylor for me in saying "He's a knob but he's scoring goals so who cares".
  • Nicholas said:
    Disagree. Bowyer and probably no other football manager would do this.
    Maddison's reputation would be well known throughout the football world which is why he was apparently rejected by Bradford city and maybe others.
    It didn't work out for us but that isn't to say it won't happen elsewhere.    
  • Obviously a wrong un, feels he’s better than the rest wherever he goes, fair play to SG & LB they must have been aware of his issues but actions of late means MM was not for turning. A legacy of our transfer constraints, it can only get better.

We all learn from our mistakes, or should do, don’t think MM does or ever will.

Wish him well but you just know it ain’t going to work out for him. A wasted talent blighted by his demons, not the 1st and certainly not the last. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Obviously a wrong un, feels he’s better than the rest wherever he goes, fair play to SG & LB they must have been aware of his issues but actions of late means MM was not for turning. A legacy of our transfer constraints, it can only get better.

Wish him well but you just know it ain’t going to work out for him. A wasted talent blighted by his demons, not the 1st and certainly not the last. 
    I'm with you most of the way
    Tony Watt was a similar if probably less extreme example
    He got foisted on Charlton by the twunt - Tony didn't choose to come.  Marcus chose to come to Charlton, in the face of no other employment opportunities in football at least.
    Tony had his brief moment in the sun with Charlton, then whatever screws were prone to loosening, got loosened and his football career hit a slippery slope.
    Currently he's back playing regularly in Scotland, scoring a few.  He pulled himself back - Maddison might.
    FWIW my money's on Tony as the nicer bloke with a firmer grip on what's important.

• I don't even care he's gone now we've signed DJ. If we hadn't signed DJ I'd be furious. What a difference a single signing makes

He got foisted on Charlton by the twunt - Tony didn't choose to come.  Marcus chose to come to Charlton, in the face of no other employment opportunities in football at least.
    Tony had his brief moment in the sun with Charlton, then whatever screws were prone to loosening, got loosened and his football career hit a slippery slope.
    Currently he's back playing regularly in Scotland, scoring a few.  He pulled himself back - Maddison might.
    FWIW my money's on Tony as the nicer bloke with a firmer grip on what's important.

I don't recall there being so many salacious rumours about Watt. The difference seems to be that he was a nice enough person but with some motivation issues. From the rumours and whispers, Maddison is just a straight up dickhead.
  • Belv said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Belv said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

As long as they're doing the business for Charlton on the pitch as he was for Peterborough then I really wouldn't care about the rest of it. It's completely comparable to Taylor for me in saying "He's a knob but he's scoring goals so who cares.

I would for one....
  • I think Maddison had quite a few issues between his ears for anything to go well at any club. I don’t wish him ill but I have a feeling he’ll bomb at Bolton too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    Obviously a wrong un, feels he’s better than the rest wherever he goes, fair play to SG & LB they must have been aware of his issues but actions of late means MM was not for turning. A legacy of our transfer constraints, it can only get better.

I don't recall there being so many salacious rumours about Watt. The difference seems to be that he was a nice enough person but with some motivation issues. From the rumours and whispers, Maddison is just a straight up dickhead.
    Didn't Jacko say that Tony was a lovely bloke but every now and then would do something incredibly stupid, then was almost instantly forgiven, amongst the players, because it was Tony?
    I still like reading about Tony Watt ... he seems a decent bloke. 

Doubt I will bother checking out MM’s exploits though. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    Obviously a wrong un, feels he’s better than the rest wherever he goes, fair play to SG & LB they must have been aware of his issues but actions of late means MM was not for turning. A legacy of our transfer constraints, it can only get better.

Didn't Jacko say that Tony was a lovely bloke but every now and then would do something incredibly stupid, then was almost instantly forgiven, amongst the players, because it was Tony?
    Had to pleasure to speak to Tony on a number of occasions, absolute gem of a human being. He can be a bit silly sometimes, but nothing ever serious. 

He’s now doing well back in Scotland while consistently streaming games with his mates. Football is now a hobby for him again rather than the only thing he could do to pay the bills. 
    What’s he doing to pay the bills now? Streaming games?
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:

Had to pleasure to speak to Tony on a number of occasions, absolute gem of a human being. He can be a bit silly sometimes, but nothing ever serious. 

He’s now doing well back in Scotland while consistently streaming games with his mates. Football is now a hobby for him again rather than the only thing he could do to pay the bills. 
    Playing professional football and streaming games. 
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:

Doubt he earns much from Twitch, football still pays the bills but he’s settled back in Scotland.
  • Fcuk me i lived in south london 30 years and that cnut hasn't been there 30 weeks and has got his nuts in more times than me , where were all these bikes when i wanted a fucking ride
    as my wife calls me 'failed slag' ffs 
    Might be living under a CL rock here, but what's the rumour of him putting it about a bit since he's been here?

I saw the Dominos night in, stroppiness about being benched, Bowyer having a dig about his fake injury/Covid but what's he been up to here?
  • Couple of punters saying he’s doinked birds they know , think through apps 
  • If Maddison does the business on the pitch for Bolton, he'll be back in L1 next season. That's how football is, when you consider people who've served time in prison then gone on to resume their careers