Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• I’ve always been a Curbs rather than a Redknapp.

Individuals can win you games but can also destroy squads. Getting the right character and blend into a squad is vital and this bloke always give the impression he’s a wrong un.  
    Look forward to being proved completely wrong. 

• Richard J said:
    I will admit to being someone who felt we had a lucky escape in January. I thought he didn't want to move to London. Now we know about the embargo maybe he had wanted to join afterall. 

I was impressed with his distribution Saturday but even more that he tracked back to make a crucial defensive header in the last minute.

In both areas that is the sort of player we need.

Welcome Marcus. 
    I was probably right first time, but I confess I liked his cameo against the Mackems  

I hope we can sign another left footed player to replace him. 
  • I’ve always been a Curbs rather than a Redknapp.

Individuals can win you games but can also destroy squads. Getting the right character and blend into a squad is vital and this bloke always give the impression he’s a wrong un.  
    Top marks that man
  • Cheerio, I wish you everything you deserve.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I’ve always been a Curbs rather than a Redknapp.

Top marks that man
    I don’t even remember writing that :-(  

Anyway, gone now and I’m not disappointed 
  • 27 years old.

Quite amazing this fellas fall from grace.

Wrong un'
  • Sponsored links:

• Good. Poor attitude and as CL people have said never a Charlton player with those tats. All about him. 
  • I just don't get it, why did we sign him 
  • Wonder if Bolton are paying his full wages?

if not, does the part we still pay remain impacting on our salary cap?
  • I was in his corner and had high hopes for him doing well with us but having read what others have posted on the deadline thread have to admit that he really had to go for the benefit of team spirit. It could’ve been different but it seems Maddison f’ed himself over which is a shame not only for us but for him too.
  • Can’t say I am bothered. 

It was pretty obvious he was an issue. No coincidence performance and morale seem better since he has not been around. 
  • edited February 2021
    Shame it didn't work out, has the ability. Too many years being "the main man" at Peterborough I'd say, out of his depth attitude wise elsewhere I guess with no scope for adjustment. Shame. 

Wait sorry, I mean, I knew he was a wrong 'un all along, bad egg, tattoos, told you so, not Charlton.
  • Superb news 
  • Have we now finally dodged that bullet for good?
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame, sure there is a great player there somewhere....but needed to get rid.
  • Anybody know why a loan and not permanent? 
  • mendonca said:
    Anybody know why a loan and not permanent? 
    Don’t reckon he would’ve wanted to sign a six month perm deal on less money and Bolton won’t want to give him eighteen months either...
  • Gamble didn’t pay off and we move on. Good luck in league two Marcus!!
  • Thanks for the memories, Marcus 👋👋👋
  • A shame though, really thought he'd be a good signing.