Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    People who are defending MM's attitude and team ethics did you also chastise Lyle Taylor for not honoring his contract? pretty sure we all thought he was the lowest of the low?... Well Marcus Maddison did exactly the same to Hull and refused the short term extension - and they were in even worse trouble than us.

On his performances I must be watching a different game, people comparing him the Conor Gallagher (what an insult to CG) and that he's some kind of creative genius? he's had one good half the rest has been not tracking back and taking pot shots from anywhere. I really, really don't get the hype.

I hope he's out for the season and away from the dressing room. If he's prepared to put some of them tweets and IG posts out what is he seeding within the team.
    What pile of steaming shit that post is.

"I hope he's out for the season " - Really nice.

You are right about one thing though.       

You must be watching a different game 
    Jeez it's a game of opinions and this is a forum for sharing those no... why so aggressive!?!? 

People like you are why fans on other platforms call this forum a closed shop and a negative place.

I'd be pretty confident that my analysis of the game would be accurate than yours ;) but unlike you I'd respect your opinion.
    I hope you understand the irony of what you've just said. 
  • Leuth said:
    It's gonna take a LOT to beat the Sarr tackle, cross and Taylor volley. A LOT
    Good goal and best tackle and assist in one flowing move I've possibly ever seen from a CB at Charlton. 
  • I doesn't matter how good he is. Because of his appearance , people have already made up their minds about Maddison . 

Calling him a wrongun is ridiculous. What exactly has he done ,  while with charlton  , makes him a wrongun?

Sometimes i don't think we deserve players who have a special ability. 
    Why is a twenty seven year old with special ability still playing in league one ? 
  • wmcf123 said:
    I doesn't matter how good he is. Because of his appearance , people have already made up their minds about Maddison . 

Calling him a wrongun is ridiculous. What exactly has he done ,  while with charlton  , makes him a wrongun?

Why is a twenty seven year old with special ability still playing in league one ? 
    It's all relative. He has a special ability compared to the rest of our , some would say very average , squad. 

I'm not comparing him to players in higher divisions. 
    Exactly. At this level he has special ability, well managed he'd probably do well in the Championship too, but his off the ball work is probably why he hasn't done it before now. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:

“I hope he’s not out too long because he does bring us something different. Yeah, it was disappointing him jumping out of the tackle but we’re going to miss him. We saw the other week [his goal against Plymouth] that he can be bright for us.”

So you do care... Maybe go back to holding back when talking to the press immediately after a loss/draw Bowyer... 
    That said, at least once he's calmed down Bowyer does seem to see a way forward including Maddison, instead of getting blinkered and just completely dropping him.

In theory...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I doesn't matter how good he is. Because of his appearance , people have already made up their minds about Maddison . 

It's all relative. He has a special ability compared to the rest of our , some would say very average , squad. 

Exactly. At this level he has special ability, well managed he'd probably do well in the Championship too, but his off the ball work is probably why he hasn't done it before now. 
    What do you mean by well managed, out of interest ? He needs to work harder off the ball - that’s clearly the reason he’s not playing higher up the ladder; only he can do that.  There are no teams these days that carry a maverick that doesn’t work hard.  
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:

What do you mean by well managed, out of interest ? He needs to work harder off the ball - that’s clearly the reason he’s not playing higher up the ladder; only he can do that.  There are no teams these days that carry a maverick that doesn’t work hard.  
    A good manager will find what motivates him to do that. It's 50/50 in my opinion, he's got the tools but needs someone to show faith in him. 

I admit so far he hasn't shown the effort expected of him, but then that is why he's still at L1 level and not higher as a fit and firing Maddison as we know is worth 10-15 goals and 10-15 assists per season. He SHOULD be at his peak right now, but may have peaked early or may be yet to peak. I know which is more likely of course. 
  • I think I'll give this place a miss ... you can't reason or have a rationale conversation with some people.

You come on here to see what it's all about and then you understand why so many fans say its cliquey and the same names forcing their opinion.

Thank goodness our great club has a player with such a special ability... we have been saved!
  • Maccn05 said:
    People who are defending MM's attitude and team ethics did you also chastise Lyle Taylor for not honoring his contract? pretty sure we all thought he was the lowest of the low?... Well Marcus Maddison did exactly the same to Hull and refused the short term extension - and they were in even worse trouble than us.

On his performances I must be watching a different game, people comparing him the Conor Gallagher (what an insult to CG) and that he's some kind of creative genius? he's had one good half the rest has been not tracking back and taking pot shots from anywhere. I really, really don't get the hype.

I hope he's out for the season and away from the dressing room. If he's prepared to put some of them tweets and IG posts out what is he seeding within the team.
    That you Bow?
  • Maccn05 said:
    I think I'll give this place a miss ... you can't reason or have a rationale conversation with some people.

You come on here to see what it's all about and then you understand why so many fans say its cliquey and the same names forcing their opinion.

Thank goodness our great club has a player with such a special ability... we have been saved! 
    Don't be like that, it's a difference of opinion. You can see there's a big divide on Maddison so it's hardly like we're a hive mind on here!

It could be argued that wherever you're hearing it's cliquey on here is cliquey in itself and you don't realise it because you're a part of their clique!
  • Has anybody ever seen Maddison & Dazzler21 in the same room??  ;)
  • I can assure you I am ink free and only wear black boots these days. 
  • Always. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thats better Lee... A bit like his comment about the fans, he's calmed down a bit now and talks the sense we want to hear in the first place, not a few days later 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:

“I hope he’s not out too long because he does bring us something different. Yeah, it was disappointing him jumping out of the tackle but we’re going to miss him. We saw the other week [his goal against Plymouth] that he can be bright for us.”

So you do care... Maybe go back to holding back when talking to the press immediately after a loss/draw Bowyer... 
    If he didn’t care he wouldn’t shoot from the hip when the microphone is shoved in his face the minute the games over (that’s not a pop at anyone before you start 🙄😘)

I do wonder though, what possesses someone to tattoo their face? Unless it’s part of your ethnicity 🤔 Maybe that’s it, does he have tribal roots?
  • Maccn05 said:

He was on loan at Hull, they said that they weren't going to sign him and that he could go back to Peterborough, who had already said they didn't want him and weren't going to offer him a contract... Kind of a strange circumstance, no where near the same as Taylor who basically stuck two fingers up at his teammates and Bowyer. I honestly think it was this lack of character and supporting his teammates that killed a move to a bigger club than Forest...

MM is being judged by many on just his tattoos, boot choice and social media statements for some stupid reason. 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:

I said:
    "Interestingly on reflection I think Gallagher is probably the player Bowyer wanted Maddison to emulate. Both technically good, neither particularly fast but can see a pass and take a shot, but Gallagher had that never say die attitude and would chase everything... Kind of like Maddison did vs the Wombles. Not saying Maddison could do it to the same level, but to follow Gallagher's style could be achieved and make him a real asset."

I did not directly compare the players, Gallagher wins every day of the week if you do that. My point was Bowyer may have brought in Maddison with a view to convert him, to develop him to have SOME of the defensive attributes Gallagher had, and that if he could do that we'd have a real asset. There's a reason we were looking for a creative midfielder as Chelsea recalled the creative, competitive Gallagher... Somehow though we ended up with Davis who offered neither creativity or defensive capabilities!

Maddison against Wimbledon was everywhere, dropping into defensive midfield to help bring the ball forward and chased almost everything that came near him and did something with everything that came to him. He didn't score or get an assist but was the pre-assist man on at least 2/3 goals that came when he was on the pitch. (Pearce long ball was the other)
    Totally respect your opinion, but I don't see at his age any chance of him developing some some of CG defensive attributes and I'd be amazed if that was Bows plan for him.

He was good in the AFC Wimbledon game for 45mins, but so was everyone, it's easy when your winning 5-2, even in that game Johnny was better - that was the game we saw his reactions to Bow's unfair rollicking lets see what MM's reaction is.
    Taylor was similar age and Bowyer said he got him fitter and working harder, so there's a reason he thinks he can convince MM to add that extra bit of application to his game. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I can assure you I am ink free and only wear black boots these days. 
    Thigh High?
    You are awful! 😉
    Post of the thread!

Never had Marcus down as a Dick Emery fan though!
  • I hope he makes a good recovery, we could do with a fit MM.