Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• @Peakey4Rocket said:

Last night, Maddison comes on the pitch and he just looks like your ultimate nob head. The odd boots, the s**t tattoos, and with an air of arrogance. 
    Within minutes he’s bottling challenges, taking 5 seconds to try and find a Hollywood pass when the simple ball is on. 
    He genuinely believes he’s a superstar but he’s a third division footballer. No wonder Bowyer seemingly doesn’t like him. That’s the issue here. Players in the third division are that. Footballers, not superstars, they’re a long way still from making it and have to do the simple things before they earn that right for odd boots and arrogance.
    I said a couple, of months ago he looks a nob head and his tattoos are shit...................I got slaughtered for it.

The boss (AFKA) says the same thing and gets....................................7 likes.
    Not just in America where we potentially need to question the validation of a count
  • DOUCHER said:
    or at least mutual agreement 

Pay them off and you've used up your budget, bowyer might be turning into a moron, but he's not that stupid. 
  • Chunes said:
    Don't know why Maddison is such a big talking point today, he played 25 minutes yesterday and he got involved and looked for the ball, which is more than can be said for 80% of the team. Don't know why the manager is using the post-match to call out people who played a bit-part in the game. 

It seems Maddison is a game changer but not Bowyer's cup of tea.  Perhaps he does not graft enough for Bowyer.
    It's a shame we will probably not see Maddison get given a run of 6 games to show what he can do.
  • @Peakey4Rocket said:

Last night, Maddison comes on the pitch and he just looks like your ultimate nob head. The odd boots, the s**t tattoos, and with an air of arrogance. 
    Within minutes he’s bottling challenges, taking 5 seconds to try and find a Hollywood pass when the simple ball is on. 
    He genuinely believes he’s a superstar but he’s a third division footballer. No wonder Bowyer seemingly doesn’t like him. That’s the issue here. Players in the third division are that. Footballers, not superstars, they’re a long way still from making it and have to do the simple things before they earn that right for odd boots and arrogance.
    I said a couple, of months ago he looks a nob head and his tattoos are shit...................I got slaughtered for it.

The boss (AFKA) says the same thing and gets....................................7 likes.
    That's not AFKA's comment.... 
  • Scoham said:
    Someone on the Facebook group bumped into MM, his son had a photo with him.

He’s still wearing the boot, here’s what he shared on their conversation:

“bypasses when i mentioned Bowyers comments. He wasn’t happy with the amount we change the team. Said we can’t gel and get a rhythm together. But also said the players on the pitch aren’t playing well regardless of who is playing. I said we can’t defend after losing Inniss and Famewo and he agreed but said we need to be better as a team. “We’re Charlton, a massive club” was he’s actual words.”
    Can't really argue with any of that
  • boggzy said:
    Bowyer hasn't mentioned Maatsen's jumping out of tackles.
    Surely even Bowyer wouldn't publicly slate an 18 year old kid?

He'd also pretty much ruin any chance of getting any loan players from Chelsea ever again.
    If he's willing to slate a 19 year old Albie last season why not an 18 this season?
  • haven't read all the recent posts but i was wondering if any one could tell me how he got injured? to me he looked like he fell over himself. 
    He rolled his ankle off the ball. 
    After having it 'knocked' in an earlier challenge, hence jumping the next challenge it obviously wasn't right.
  • Sponsored links:

• I didn’t say it @eaststandmike

its not my quote, it’s from @Peakey4Rocket

• Talal said:
    Bailey said:
    You are forgetting we didn't have a team to put out and getting bodies in for nothing was essential. Fact is Maddison plays only for Maddison and has added nothing to the team, that is why he is still at this level.
    He's barely been given a chance ffs. 
    In his defence its not helped he didnt play during Project Restart... that was compounded further by the fact he didnt sign for us until 1st October we'd already played seven League / Cup games by that point

Came into the team for Sunderland for fitness and promptly got injured so wasnt involved until November when he was then eased into the team due to his lack of match fitness and coming off the back of injury

Since the International Weekend he's been fully involved with the Hull game the only League game he's not actually played:

Gillingham: Started... 67mins
    Burton: Started... 58mins
    MK Dons: Bench... 45mins
    AFC Wimbledon: Started... 84mins
    Swindon: Started... 72mins
    Plymouth: Bench,,, 25mins
    Hull: Left on the Bench
    Accrington: Bench... 26mins

Someone is going to have to explain why they think Bowyer doesnt like him on that basis
    That's not quite true

Gillingham: Started... 67mins
    Burton: Started... 58mins
    Ipswich: Left on the Bench
    MK Dons: Bench... 45mins
    Shrewsbury: Absent through Illness
    AFC Wimbledon: Started... 84mins
    Swindon: Started... 72mins
    Plymouth: Bench,,, 25mins
    Hull: Left on the Bench
    Accrington: Bench... 26mins

So that's 2 games where he was left on the bench.

In the last 3 games he's played 51 minutes out of 180+ in a period when we've only been playing 1 game a week, and both his appearances have been when we were losing
    And he scored one goal in those 51 mins.
  • edited January 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    haven't read all the recent posts but i was wondering if any one could tell me how he got injured? to me he looked like he fell over himself. 
    After having it 'knocked' in an earlier challenge, hence jumping the next challenge it obviously wasn't right.
    To be fair did he need to jump... Had he stood there surely the ball would have just cannoned into him

From one runner to another I wonder if jumping potentially aggrivated the ankle even worse what with the impact of landing?
  • edited January 2021
    Scoham said:

“bypasses when i mentioned Bowyers comments. He wasn’t happy with the amount we change the team. Said we can’t gel and get a rhythm together. But also said the players on the pitch aren’t playing well regardless of who is playing. I said we can’t defend after losing Inniss and Famewo and he agreed but said we need to be better as a team. “We’re Charlton, a massive club” was he’s actual words.”
    Fair enough if those are his actual words. Vicious circle of players not playing well, but then not getting a chance to turn it around and play better because the system and personnel always changes.

Maybe everyone needs to sit down and have a reset. Bowyer needs to get a first 11 he thinks will do the job, and give them 5 games no matter what the results are. And the players need to start performing as well. 

Certainly dont sound the words of a disruptive bad egg. 
    Thankfully doesnt sound like Bowyer has lost the dressing room either

I dont mean that either in the sense that it gives Bowyer time in the job, more it just benefits us more as a whole if the team are still united as for me it means there is still hope
  • Dazzler21 said:
    haven't read all the recent posts but i was wondering if any one could tell me how he got injured? to me he looked like he fell over himself. 
    To be fair did he need to jump... Had he stood there surely the ball would have just cannoned into him

From one runner to another I wonder if jumping potentially aggrivated the ankle even worse what with the impact of landing?
    It's different in football boots to trainers. If it was already hurt, jumping the challenge could have done himself no good.

He also has been working back from a freak ankle injury so I can understand jumping out of it a bit if it already felt hurt.
  • edited January 2021
    Scoham said:

What is that age old saying again... Don't judge a book by its cover
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

And there it is. Maddison telling it how it really is, you can lead a horse to water springs to mind. 

• Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Hull didn’t like him, Bowyer and Jacko don’t like him.  He’s had half a decent game for us - get rid .  Glad he cost nothing . 
     Any evidence for your Jacko claim?
    No; no evidence he likes him either , in fairness .  

Lots of love for Maddison on here; I don’t see it 
  • edited January 2021
    thenewbie said:a
    wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Hull didn’t like him, Bowyer and Jacko don’t like him.  He’s had half a decent game for us - get rid .  Glad he cost nothing . 

So what you are actually saying is YOU don't like him and based purely on that decided that Jackson doesn't either? 

Cool.
    Also, is wmcf123 saying Bow & Jacko don’t like him as a person or as a player........there’s a big difference wouldn’t you say? 🤨
  • thenewbie said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:

So what you are actually saying is YOU don't like him and based purely on that decided that Jackson doesn't either? 

Cool.
    I’m making an educated assumption, based on his low game time .  If I’m not allowed to express an opinion, please ban me from the forum . 
  • wmcf123 said:
    thenewbie said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:

Cool.
    I’m making an educated assumption, based on his low game time .  If I’m not allowed to express an opinion, please ban me from the forum . 
    It's not educated at all.

It's an assumptive opinion and that's fine, but I've seen nothing to say anyone but Bowyer has a problem with any of our players. Once again an assumption.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    thenewbie said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:

Cool.
    It's not educated at all.

It's an assumptive opinion and that's fine, but I've seen nothing to say anyone but Bowyer has a problem with any of our players. Once again an assumption.
    My sincere apologies; I am sorry to have upset you .