Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    We won't see him in a Charlton shirt! He doesn't want it and he's simply here for a payday. 

I think they signed him thinking we'd be walking the league and he'd be a statement signing and a bit stardust to open up defenses but he was never going to work in a Bowyer team so lets cut our losses and tear up the contract, get in somebody U21 who's wants to be in a CAFC shirt.

I've been disgusted by his attitude on the pitch and on socials, concerned by how easily he gets injured and is allegedly poorly.
    249 games for Peterborough in 6 seasons doesn't suggest too much of an attitude or bad injury record
    Take listen to the interview with Darragh at P'Boro, take a look at his IG posts... how many niggling injuries and illnesses has he had for us already 3 or 4. No player plays 100% fit so IMO you have to question how much he 'wants it' or wants to help the team.
    In the previous 4 seasons for Posh (2015/16 to 2018/19) Maddison played between 46 and 53 games a season for them. Those aren't the stats of a sicknote
  • Options
    Steve Gallen has to take the blame for this in my eyes
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:

Oh fuck.
    Is that the yellow boot foot or black one?
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    We won't see him in a Charlton shirt! He doesn't want it and he's simply here for a payday. 

I think they signed him thinking we'd be walking the league and he'd be a statement signing and a bit stardust to open up defenses but he was never going to work in a Bowyer team so lets cut our losses and tear up the contract, get in somebody U21 who's wants to be in a CAFC shirt.

I've been disgusted by his attitude on the pitch and on socials, concerned by how easily he gets injured and is allegedly poorly.
    249 games for Peterborough in 6 seasons doesn't suggest too much of an attitude or bad injury record
    Take listen to the interview with Darragh at P'Boro, take a look at his IG posts... how many niggling injuries and illnesses has he had for us already 3 or 4. No player plays 100% fit so IMO you have to question how much he 'wants it' or wants to help the team.
    Was that the same interview where he praised Matt southall?
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Steve Gallen has to take the blame for this in my eyes
    Blame for what?
  • Options
    Looked like he stepped on a sprinkler head and his boot slipped off it.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Injured? 

Fuck him off then. 

Is that a serious comment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You have got to ask why Peterborough a club with ambitions to get to the champo wanted him out. 

Or why his stay at Hull didn’t work. 
  • Options
    MM had a ram built around him at Posh - he played pretty much every game so had a rhythm.
    he’s been a bit part player since joining so there no surprise he can’t get going.

The comments from Bowyer are not good though and that might be curtains for Maddison with us.
  • Options
    You have got to ask why Peterborough a club with ambitions to get to the champo wanted him out. 

Or why his stay at Hull didn’t work. 
    Peterborough didn't want him out. Macanthony is on record (there's an interview on youtube) where he says he wanted him to stay and they'd offered him the most lucrative contract in the clubs history. 

Maddison however turned it down as he wanted a move to a higher level..............which obviously hasn't worked out for him.
  • Options
    Bowyer doesn’t rate him. It’s a shame as he’s got individual talent which we have not seen at The Valley for years. Imagine other league one clubs would do anything to have MM at the club and build a team around him. 

Unless a managerial change happens I don’t think we see MM much more in a Charlton shirt. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Injured? 

Fuck him off then. 
    Is that you Lee?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    He was awful again when he come on.. no defending it. Attitude was terrible, too many under hit passes, weak in the tackle and cross not beating the first man
    Last time he came on he hissed the game and scored a beautiful goal. Since then he was unused at Hull and came on when we were trailing last night with little hope of any come back.
  • Options
    If only he was a Southall signing...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't see how leaving Jonny Williams and Maddison on the bench is bad management. When Williams was first here, teams fouled him every time he got near the ball, that hasn't happened this season because he isn't doing it. As for Maddison he's a player who couldn't get into Hull's side and most people didn't want, as for his form with us, scored one and had one decent game against Wimbledon. What is either doing on the training ground, Bowyer and Jacko see that as well and that may also explain their exclusion.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    When LB was thinking of signing Maddison, he would've been thinking of where he could fit him in. Surely Maddison's lack of work-rate isn't a new thing and therefore surely LB would've been thinking of playing him in a free-role. Or maybe LB thought we would be so dominant in games, that we could afford to accomodate Maddison. 

Either way, LB needed to seize the moment after the Wimbledon game (in which Maddison was excellent and just what we'd been crying out for) and commit to putting him in the starting line-up. He didn't and now look where we are. 
  • Options
    @Peakey4Rocket said:

Last night, Maddison comes on the pitch and he just looks like your ultimate nob head. The odd boots, the s**t tattoos, and with an air of arrogance. 
    Within minutes he’s bottling challenges, taking 5 seconds to try and find a Hollywood pass when the simple ball is on. 
    He genuinely believes he’s a superstar but he’s a third division footballer. No wonder Bowyer seemingly doesn’t like him. That’s the issue here. Players in the third division are that. Footballers, not superstars, they’re a long way still from making it and have to do the simple things before they earn that right for odd boots and arrogance.
    then why sign him? bad management
  • Options
    Have not warmed to the fella at all.

As said on another thread last night, fans just simply pick their ‘best team’ on paper. There’s loads of other factors that go into selection, which we as fans don’t see. Does he always turn up late for training, train poorly, sulk, not get on with teammates, not follow on pitch instructions, play as an individual etc?

We can only guess on the first few of those but they would not surprise me.

Managers don’t leave out talented players for no reason, there has to be a reason behind it and it’s  probably the same reason why in the last 12 months he’s been put on offer but there’s has only been two football clubs prepared to take a punt on him, both in pretty desperate situations at the time.  

He’s looking a real ill-fitted, poor signing
    Everyone knew what Maddison was like before he signed. You only have to look at his Instagram to see his personality; loner, appears fragile, not in love with the beautiful game etc Bowyer tried to sign him previously so I can’t figure out why he isn’t building the team round such a mercurial type player. Maddison headed one off the line in the last minute on his debut and he made a joke about what he was doing in such a defensive position. Whether you have warmed to him or not is irrelevant. I’m guessing he’s not really the warm type of person but Bowyer surely must have known this before he signed him. Maddison isn’t the issue here, Bowyer is.
    Did Peterborough build teams around Maddison... How many times did they go up to the Championship with him?
  • Options
    You are forgetting we didn't have a team to put out and getting bodies in for nothing was essential. Fact is Maddison plays only for Maddison and has added nothing to the team, that is why he is still at this level.