Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    If Schwartz comes in before Hull, and has been training with the squad already, we have to ensure we have a midfield who can create enough chances for the front players. Aneke is suspended so would throw Schwartz in. 

Maddison was excellent when he came on yesterday and the goal will only give him an extra boost. There is no reason why Bowyer can’t be starting him more often.

Morgan brings us something different, he’s also shown he can work hard and do the other side of the game now too. Start him.

I would love to see a team of something like this:

Amos
    Gunter New CB Pairing Maatsen
    Watson
    Morgan Williams
    Maddison
    Schwartz Washington

Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Pratley, F-Caskey, Gilbey, Smyth, Bogle
    I must add, I would have Shinnie and Aneke in the squad.

Maybe even Shinnie starting because a lot of the time, teams can over run our midfield. I think we’re a better team with him in it.

The CB pairing would obviously, ideally, be Inniss and Famewo.

This is all without Doughty, who I think would’ve made a huge difference to us recently, adding in his contribution would likely have seen us top 2 by now.

I know it’s always very unlikely, but if we had no injuries, well long term injuries, we’d have such a proper quality team for this league.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    If Schwartz comes in before Hull, and has been training with the squad already, we have to ensure we have a midfield who can create enough chances for the front players. Aneke is suspended so would throw Schwartz in. 

Maddison was excellent when he came on yesterday and the goal will only give him an extra boost. There is no reason why Bowyer can’t be starting him more often.

Morgan brings us something different, he’s also shown he can work hard and do the other side of the game now too. Start him.

Amos
    Watson
    Morgan Williams
    Maddison
    Schwartz Washington

Maybe even Shinnie starting because a lot of the time, teams can over run our midfield. I think we’re a better team with him in it.

This is all without Doughty, who I think would’ve made a huge difference to us recently, adding in his contribution would likely have seen us top 2 by now.

I know it’s always very unlikely, but if we had no injuries, well long term injuries, we’d have such a proper quality team for this league.
    The players you’ve mentioned here is reason enough for a lack of wins/performances in recent games. 

Shinnie, Doughty, Inniss, Famewo and an Aneke who could play 90 minutes. 
  • Options
    Let's see if this is a start 2 a good career at Charlton FC .
  • Options
    Sage said:

Amos
    Watson
    Morgan Williams
    Maddison
    Schwartz Washington

Shinnie?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Amos
    Watson
    Morgan Williams
    Maddison
    Schwartz Washington

Isn't Aneke suspended for Hull?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Amos
    Watson
    Morgan Williams
    Maddison
    Schwartz Washington

Shinnie?
    See my post above about Shinnie.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Amos
    Watson
    Morgan Williams
    Maddison
    Schwartz Washington

Isn't Aneke suspended for Hull?
    Yes, which is what I explained in the original post.

The point being I would have both Shinnie and Aneke in the squad should they be available. Just as I would Inniss, Famewo, and Doughty.
  • Options
    Hasn’t he got popular very suddenly. Now in everyone’s first team! 
    No argument with that however.
    I would not have Williams in the team that started though.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Hasn’t he got popular very suddenly. Now in everyone’s first team! 
    No argument with that however.
    I would not have Williams in the team that started though.
    Would like to see him on all the attacking dead ball situations. 
    Yeah, surely he should be nailed on to take direct free kicks just outside the box?
    He's a direct goal threat from set pieces.

Much more clinical, I feel, than JFC.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the time you were here Marcus. 

Hope your January move to a new club works out for you. 
  • Options
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but Maddison has scored one goal so far, albeit a cracker.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but Maddison has scored one goal so far, albeit a cracker.
    2 total, though it's more about what he can create. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Bowyer saw the pitch and decided you couldn't play football on it. He then decided this wasn't Maddison's game. That being said, I said straight away Maddison wouldn't be Bowyer's choice because he likes players to work hard, track back etc and Maddison just isn't that type of player. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    LB keeps talking about how he is getting a workrate out of Maddison that other managers haven't even dreamed of, and I'm pretty sure he's also said he's a good trainer so let's not presume it's Marcus's fault he didn't start. Especially not while the manager is making X amount of other baffling starting 11 decisions at the same time.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Have to laugh, he's upset more Hull fans than Charlton fans with that pos
    I suspect he would have upset quite a few of them IF he had played today. But that's another story 🙄
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Thanks for the time you were here Marcus. 

Hope your January move to a new club works out for you. 

You'd not be surprised if Bowyer said that to him on Monday.

I see this as Maddison trying to undermine the authority of the boss.