Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    se9addick said:
    shine166 said:
    se9addick said:
    shine166 said:
    Hes undermining nobody, shame very few of us will ever get to see him play as he'll be off in the summer.. such a waste 
    Where’s he going? He was available for free a couple of months ago and there wasn’t exactly a queue forming and I doubt much has happened since then to create a market for him.
    Give him another contract to not play then, or maybe next seasons manager will realise he needs a team building around him 

He’ll be playing for us very soon, in fact I expect him to start on Friday. 
    I did wonder if Bowyer was thinking ahead to Friday and Tuesday. It sounds like he’ll have Schwartz and a new attacking midfielder (who has been playing regularly) by then, so no excuse to play a defensive team again, whoever he picks.
    Resting your most creative player because you have a game in 6 days time?

Not 2 days, or 3. SIX. That's madness.
    Agree, I just wonder if he thought we could grind out a result and then play more attacking teams on Friday and Tuesday.
  • Options
    If we get Schwartz in and play Maddison in the free role, MM will get double digits in assists and maybe even goals this season. 
    Why will Schwartz make a difference ? 
    Because he will be replacing Bogle. 
    Hard   not to make a difference tbh.
    Based on what evidence ? None of us have ever seen him play . As usual this season he has not played so it will take ages for us to see your prophecy.  Then he will get injured or banned. I look forward  to this new leader of the line. 

And after all that he has to get used to a starvation diet of opportunities from our uninspiring immobile midfield which is barely seen passed the centre circle .

Good luck with the optimism though. All I see is a team as bad away from home now as the one in the 70's that went 21 months without an away win.
    If Schwartz hobbles onto the pitch on crutches with an eye patch on each eye, I’m confident he will make more of an impact on bogle. 

• Options
    If we get Schwartz in and play Maddison in the free role, MM will get double digits in assists and maybe even goals this season. 

Good luck with the optimism though. All I see is a team as bad away from home now as the one in the 70's that went 21 months without an away win.
    Steady on. It's barely more than a month since we last won away.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Thanks for the time you were here Marcus. 

Hope your January move to a new club works out for you. 

You'd not be surprised if Bowyer said that to him on Monday.

I see this as Maddison trying to undermine the authority of the boss.
    I don't. 
  • Options
    Based on what evidence ? None of us have ever seen him play . As usual this season he has not played so it will take ages for us to see your prophecy.  Then he will get injured or banned. I look forward  to this new leader of the line. 

And after all that he has to get used to a starvation diet of opportunities from our uninspiring immobile midfield which is barely seen passed the centre circle .

If Schwartz hobbles onto the pitch on crutches with an eye patch on each eye, I’m confident he will make more of an impact on bogle. 

If you believe that see an analyst,  accent on the first part of the medical professionalist. 
    No, I don’t believe that, I was using sarcasm to make a point about how poor bogle currently is. But I do believe that Schwartz after not playing for however many months would still cause more problems than bogle.

I believe that josh Davison would also do better than bogle.

In the last 6 weeks, bogle has been very very poor. He has been substituted after 30 mins and 45 mins!  He is in the same skill category as apko Sodje, kandol, abbot etc. He shouldn’t be anywhere near our first team at the moment.
  • Options
    A player like Maddison needs a certain manager. Bowyer isn't that type of manager. Which is weird really because Bowyer was that type of player.
  • Options
    Delurking just long enough to report on a quick search of MM's brief stay at Hull in Feb 20.

His total record for Hull was 0-2-6, For 8 Against 25.  Highlights included 1-5 at home as a sub, 0-4 at home as a sub and 1-5 away as an unused sub.

Which probably goes to show that you should think twice before pressing the Send button.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    How do you know he isn’t the right manager to handle Maddison......you have absolutely no idea anymore than the rest of us how that on going relationship has/is developing?

• Options
    edited January 2021

If you believe that see an analyst,  accent on the first part of the medical professionalist. 
    No, I don’t believe that, I was using sarcasm to make a point about how poor bogle currently is. But I do believe that Schwartz after not playing for however many months would still cause more problems than bogle.

In the last 6 weeks, bogle has been very very poor. He has been substituted after 30 mins and 45 mins!  He is in the same skill category as apko Sodje, kandol, abbot etc. He shouldn’t be anywhere near our first team at the moment.
    Aneke has been dubbed after 45 minutes and nobody says a word !
    To be honest I prefer ‘Chuks’ to ‘After 45 minutes’ 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We want players to be disappointed if they are not playing.

He's got every right to be annoyed and frustrated about players like Gilbey being put on the pitch ahead of him based on what he has contributed vs Gilbey this season.

I get that Bowyer wanted to replace Watson with someone who can put a foot in and protect the back 4 as Watson does but Gilbey doesnt do that (or offer us anything full stop).
    Bad enough that Gilbey was sent on in preference to MM but for the useless lazy arse to stay out there with MM on the bench can only mean that LB hates MM nearly as much as he hates Albie Morgan and Omar Bogle.  If MM wasn't angry and disappointed I'd be worried.
    He needs to stay off twatter tho - no good ever comes from that toxic swamp or the toxic mouthbreathers who feed there.
  • Options

Aneke has been dubbed after 45 minutes and nobody says a word !
    King Tubby style
  • Options
    A player like Maddison needs a certain manager. Bowyer isn't that type of manager. Which is weird really because Bowyer was that type of player.
    Bowyer worked his balls off in every game for both us and Leeds. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    I like that team @Sage and think it's close to what I would go for.

I've not really had a look at the January transfer thread, so not au fait on the views of Schwartz. What kinda of striker is he, and do you think he will be able to create/score chances. 
    To me, the best way to describe him would probably be a Jamie Vardy style without the raw pace. Others may disagree.
    Can you get WKD's in Denmark? ;)
    Sorry mate, you’ve lost me 😂
    Sorry @Sage only just seen this... Jamie Vardy apparently used to love a WKD in his early days

It was a terrible joke in the first place 😂

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-leicester-vice-chairman-lifts-the-lid-on-what-vardy-used-to-be-like-20160504
  • Options

• Options
    Great. Now we will keep hearing how MM is wasting a position in the salary cap! 
  • Options
    Before or after the injury ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Injured? 

Fuck him off then. 
  • Options
    MattF said:

Oh fuck.
  • Options
    2/3 months my guess.
  • Options
    We want players to be disappointed if they are not playing.

He's got every right to be annoyed and frustrated about players like Gilbey being put on the pitch ahead of him based on what he has contributed vs Gilbey this season.

I get that Bowyer wanted to replace Watson with someone who can put a foot in and protect the back 4 as Watson does but Gilbey doesnt do that (or offer us anything full stop).
    Bad enough that Gilbey was sent on in preference to MM but for the useless lazy arse to stay out there with MM on the bench can only mean that LB hates MM nearly as much as he hates Albie Morgan and Omar Bogle.  If MM wasn't angry and disappointed I'd be worried.
    He needs to stay off twatter tho - no good ever comes from that toxic swamp or the toxic mouthbreathers who feed there.
    Shut up for Christ sake 
  • Options
    Could be a precaution 
  • Options
    Could be a precaution 
    We've all rolled our ankle. The time you get lucky with it is if you get up and fluked no further damage.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    We won't see him in a Charlton shirt! He doesn't want it and he's simply here for a payday. 

I think they signed him thinking we'd be walking the league and he'd be a statement signing and a bit stardust to open up defenses but he was never going to work in a Bowyer team so lets cut our losses and tear up the contract, get in somebody U21 who's wants to be in a CAFC shirt.

I've been disgusted by his attitude on the pitch and on socials, concerned by how easily he gets injured and is allegedly poorly.
    249 games for Peterborough in 6 seasons doesn't suggest too much of an attitude or bad injury record
    Take listen to the interview with Darragh at P'Boro, take a look at his IG posts... how many niggling injuries and illnesses has he had for us already 3 or 4. No player plays 100% fit so IMO you have to question how much he 'wants it' or wants to help the team.