Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Phil said:
    I think we’re being a bit precious here. I read this as a player who’s had previous bad experiences at Hull probably similar to today. Clearly he won’t be pleased not play ( and I think we can all agree he should have ) but I don’t view that as criticising Bowyer.
    I think its a bit tongue in cheek from Marcus
    Agreed, think it's just a laugh, mostly at the expense of Hull. Think MM's infamous "attitude" leads us to jump to conclusions whatever he does. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Ferryman said:
    Schwartz is gonna need Maddison,  hope to see both on the pitch Friday. 
    Reckon we'll see Maddison... Not Schwartz, not from the start anyway 
  • Options
    I'd start with Smyth and Aneke.
  • Options
    We want players to be disappointed if they are not playing.

He's got every right to be annoyed and frustrated about players like Gilbey being put on the pitch ahead of him based on what he has contributed vs Gilbey this season.

I get that Bowyer wanted to replace Watson with someone who can put a foot in and protect the back 4 as Watson does but Gilbey doesnt do that (or offer us anything full stop).
  • Options
    Phil said:
    I think we’re being a bit precious here. I read this as a player who’s had previous bad experiences at Hull probably similar to today. Clearly he won’t be pleased not play ( and I think we can all agree he should have ) but I don’t view that as criticising Bowyer.
    I think its a bit tongue in cheek from Marcus
    Disagree. It must be a call to action for Sandgaard to demand Bowyer plays him for 90 minutes for rest of the season 😉
  • Options
    We want players to be disappointed if they are not playing.

He's got every right to be annoyed and frustrated about players like Gilbey being put on the pitch ahead of him based on what he has contributed vs Gilbey this season.

I get that Bowyer wanted to replace Watson with someone who can put a foot in and protect the back 4 as Watson does but Gilbey doesnt do that (or offer us anything full stop).
    It’s a shame Gilbey is so out of form since returning to the side. Looks nothing like the player we were excited about in the early games. 

Bowyer seems to be stuck in a rut with changing the team as much as possible, which is then difficult for Maddison to prove a point that he should be starting game after game. 
  • Options
    Odd that he didn’t even get on.
    Our best player in recent weeks and, you’d think, with a point to prove to his former employers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Thanks for the time you were here Marcus. 

Hope your January move to a new club works out for you. 

You'd not be surprised if Bowyer said that to him on Monday.

I see this as Maddison trying to undermine the authority of the boss.
    Why do you think he is "trying to undermine the authority of the boss"? 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Ferryman said:
    Schwartz is gonna need Maddison,  hope to see both on the pitch Friday. 
    Reckon we'll see Maddison... Not Schwartz, not from the start anyway 
    Correct. There is no way in this Gods earth that Schwartz has been Charltonised yet. If he gets through  couple of weeks of boot camp without a "minor" niggle, Bows would never stick him straight in.  The Bowyer way is the only way!
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Yeah, Marcus is drawing comparison with his experiences at the Hull stadium.

And the irony of sitting on the bench, at the same ground, not coming on and losing.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    This is the biggest non story I’ve seen in a long time
  • Options
    Hes undermining nobody, shame very few of us will ever get to see him play as he'll be off in the summer.. such a waste 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Hes undermining nobody, shame very few of us will ever get to see him play as he'll be off in the summer.. such a waste 
    Where’s he going? He was available for free a couple of months ago and there wasn’t exactly a queue forming and I doubt much has happened since then to create a market for him.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    se9addick said:
    shine166 said:
    Where’s he going? He was available for free a couple of months ago and there wasn’t exactly a queue forming and I doubt much has happened since then to create a market for him.
    Give him another contract to not play then, or maybe next seasons manager will realise he needs a team building around him 

• Options
    shine166 said:
    se9addick said:
    shine166 said:
    Give him another contract to not play then, or maybe next seasons manager will realise he needs a team building around him 

He’ll be playing for us very soon, in fact I expect him to start on Friday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    shine166 said:
    se9addick said:
    shine166 said:

He’ll be playing for us very soon, in fact I expect him to start on Friday. 
    I did wonder if Bowyer was thinking ahead to Friday and Tuesday. It sounds like he’ll have Schwartz and a new attacking midfielder (who has been playing regularly) by then, so no excuse to play a defensive team again, whoever he picks.
  • Options
    He might be a bit of a luxury , but there's no one else in the squad with what he's got in his locker. Would be a must start for me Friday , no Pratley and Watson means we could see more of an attacking lineup. 
  • Options
    Statistically hes one of, if not the best creative player in the league... if you play 8 defensive players in a starting 11, I dont see how he's a luxury. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Statistically hes one of, if not the best creative player in the league... if you play 8 defensive players in a starting 11, I dont see how he's a luxury. 
    More from the workrate aspect, surround him with players that will do the dirty work and it could work. I know Bows has said he's trying to get more out of Marcus defensively but that is obviously going to be a work in progress.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Well exactly his stats in this league speak for themselves. Even Bowyer said when we signed him, he gets strikers their move to a bigger club because of the amount of chances he creates for them. 

Which makes it even more baffling that he has not played him more. Im not saying the defensive side of his game is great, and he should certainly still be helping the team out when he can, but also its hardly like he just stands upfront not moving and demanding the ball either.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Sometimes you need to let a little “work rate” go for pure talent. I don’t care if he doesn’t chase his man down 24 7 all game.. when he gets on the ball he makes things happen it’s that simple. Fosu was the same and well.. it worked out ok for him didn’t it. 

LB should of started him and I can not believe he didn’t even bring him on. He is our best player so something is not right. 
    I trust LB and pray sorts it out.. starting Maddison would be a good start
  • Options
    You should not be leaving a talent on the bench in the place where we are current, these qualities are very rare in the current team which is currently bang average from reading the comments. When he is playing the percentages for us scoring are significantly higher, if we cannot manage his talent and i dont believe LB can, then he would be better off going elsewhere so he can ply his trade, just a real but i cannot see us enjoying the know doubt talent Maddision clearly is, please LB give this guy a chance the same you gave Gilbey!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    If we get Schwartz in and play Maddison in the free role, MM will get double digits in assists and maybe even goals this season. 
    Why will Schwartz make a difference ? 
    Because he will be replacing Bogle. 
    Hard   not to make a difference tbh.