Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Bailey said:
    You are forgetting we didn't have a team to put out and getting bodies in for nothing was essential. Fact is Maddison plays only for Maddison and has added nothing to the team, that is why he is still at this level.
    there are hundreds of players out there - bowyer wanted maddison twice 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:
    You are forgetting we didn't have a team to put out and getting bodies in for nothing was essential. Fact is Maddison plays only for Maddison and has added nothing to the team, that is why he is still at this level.
    He's barely been given a chance ffs. 
    In his defence its not helped he didnt play during Project Restart... that was compounded further by the fact he didnt sign for us until 1st October we'd already played seven League / Cup games by that point

Came into the team for Sunderland for fitness and promptly got injured so wasnt involved until November when he was then eased into the team due to his lack of match fitness and coming off the back of injury

Since the International Weekend he's been fully involved with the Hull game the only League game he's not actually played:

Gillingham: Started... 67mins
    Burton: Started... 58mins
    MK Dons: Bench... 45mins
    AFC Wimbledon: Started... 84mins
    Swindon: Started... 72mins
    Plymouth: Bench,,, 25mins
    Hull: Left on the Bench
    Accrington: Bench... 26mins

Someone is going to have to explain why they think Bowyer doesnt like him on that basis
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    @Peakey4Rocket said:

Last night, Maddison comes on the pitch and he just looks like your ultimate nob head. The odd boots, the s**t tattoos, and with an air of arrogance. 
    Within minutes he’s bottling challenges, taking 5 seconds to try and find a Hollywood pass when the simple ball is on. 
    He genuinely believes he’s a superstar but he’s a third division footballer. No wonder Bowyer seemingly doesn’t like him. That’s the issue here. Players in the third division are that. Footballers, not superstars, they’re a long way still from making it and have to do the simple things before they earn that right for odd boots and arrogance.
    then why sign him? bad management
    And that is the 64000 dollar question.

• Options
    Will Schwartz be judges as a footballer because he has tattoos? Did solly?

im not even sure why the fact that a player has tattoos is being mentioned when discussing his ability
    Totally agree. It’s quite obvious that some people on here have taken a look at him and the tats and gone “nah, I don’t like you. Not gonna warm to you looking like that”. Hasn’t Marcus Rashford got arms covered in tats? It’s a good job he’s done things in the community that have made people warm to him!! Maddison was saying on insta that he was going to be alone at Christmas and won’t see his daughter. Just think about that when balancing the cocky, arrogant footballer with the tats.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:
    In his defence its not helped he didnt play during Project Restart... that was compounded further by the fact he didnt sign for us until 1st October we'd already played seven League / Cup games by that point

Came into the team for Sunderland for fitness and promptly got injured so wasnt involved until November when he was then eased into the team due to his lack of match fitness and coming off the back of injury

Since the International Weekend he's been fully involved with the Hull game the only League game he's not actually played:

Someone is going to have to explain why they think Bowyer doesnt like him on that basis
    So he was eased into the team from November to build fitness up, played during our best performance of the season against Wimbledon. Back on the bench for Plymouth, comes on and scores and then is benched again for the next two. So when he's fully fit instead of capitalising on that we leave him on the bench. Added to that the "I don't care" if he's injured comment and I think it's fair to see Bowyer's not his biggest fan. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:

So he was eased into the team from November to build fitness up, played during our best performance of the season against Wimbledon. Back on the bench for Plymouth, comes on and scores and then is benched again for the next two. So when he's fully fit instead of capitalising on that we leave him on the bench. Added to that the "I don't care" if he's injured comment and I think it's fair to see Bowyer's not his biggest fan. 
    Played against Swindon in between and apart from one moment was pretty much a passenger
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:

Played against Swindon in between and apart from one moment was pretty much a passenger
    One poor game is all he gets? Yet Gilbey racks them up and still gets picked. 
    Or to flip it... Two good games...

Dont get me wrong; Gilbey equally baffles me at the moment
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:

And Pearce
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    cafc999 said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:

And Pearce
    Pearce he probably has little choice with... Who else do you play in LCB? - Mingi, Purrington?
  • Options
    Will Schwartz be judges as a footballer because he has tattoos? Did solly?

im not even sure why the fact that a player has tattoos is being mentioned when discussing his ability
    Totally agree. It’s quite obvious that some people on here have taken a look at him and the tats and gone “nah, I don’t like you. Not gonna warm to you looking like that”. Hasn’t Marcus Rashford got arms covered in tats? It’s a good job he’s done things in the community that have made people warm to him!! Maddison was saying on insta that he was going to be alone at Christmas and won’t see his daughter. Just think about that when balancing the cocky, arrogant footballer with the tats.
    Tattoos aren’t the point. The odd boots aren’t the point. It’s the Prima Donna status for a run of the mill third division footballer. 
    But the cross under the eye. But then jumping out of tackles like a nancy boy. That’s the problem.
    he is pony
  • Options
    There seems to be a narrative by some of here that Maddison has done nothing other than a wonder goal against Plymouth. Not convinced this is true. Before last night this was his record.

Gillingham Away: Was a bit rusty, did hit the bar with a free kick from 35 yards. 6/10 ish
    Burton Away: Not going to defend this, woeful - although most the team were
    MK Dons Home: Came off the bench and did well, statbank actually rated him our highest outfield player. 
    Afc Wimbledon Home: Excellent performance, played 84 mins, him and Jonny worked together. 2nd in playing ratings
    Swindon Away: Again ok nothing more really,  put a great ball in for Bogle who missed a sitter as per
    Plymouth Home: Clear MOTM, scored a goal of the season contender, set up Washington who missed a good chance and was generally our most threatening player. This is all in 25 minutes.

I’ve not included the mickey mouse trophy (where he scored), and i’m also not saying he’s set the world alight but he’s done pretty well imo.
    I personally think he should a lot more, against Hull to not start him,  let alone bring him on when he should have been full on confidence after Plymouth and against his former club with a point to prove was criminal. 
    Calling him out after the game live on the box saying he doesn’t care if he’s injured. Excellent management. As Croydon said before, he has a bad track record with players who are not naturally grafters. I thought at the time getting rid of Fosu was rash, he’s probably worth 10x the amount we sold him for now, Oztumer and Williams its not really worked either.

To be fair against Burton he at least tried getting balls into the danger area

Its a chicken / egg situation with that game - Should he have been a bit more accurate, or should his team mates have taken the risk and make the run e.g. try to anticipate it better?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:

And Pearce
    Pearce he probably has little choice with... Who else do you play in LCB? - Mingi, Purrington?
    Does not call him out though like Maddison or Williams
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:

And Pearce
    Doesnt call him out by name...

“First goal – it’s laughable. It’s like going to watch Sunday league football, that goal. What, the goalkeeper catches the ball and just punts it up there? You have a mix up. Come on, you’re meant to be professional footballers. That can’t be happening."

I thought we didnt want him calling out players at all though?

Like I said last night, he's going to call out Maddison for jumping out of a challenge as Williams did exactly the same against Shrewsbury, I knew it would happen the moment I saw it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you are pro footballer i think you have the right to say you have made it @AFKABartram . Obviously not as much as being a prem player but still a great aheivement.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:

And Pearce
    Doesnt call him out by name...

“First goal – it’s laughable. It’s like going to watch Sunday league football, that goal. What, the goalkeeper catches the ball and just punts it up there? You have a mix up. Come on, you’re meant to be professional footballers. That can’t be happening."

I thought we didnt want him calling out players at all though?

Like I said last night, he's going to call out Maddison for jumping out of a challenge as Williams did exactly the same against Shrewsbury, I knew it would happen the moment I saw it
    I fully understand that but to openly say what he did when the whole team performed so badly was not deserved. Jumping out of a 50/50 at that stage of the match did not determine the result or performance 
  • Options
    Pearce makes a shit mistake, Maddison and Williams bottled tackles. In Bowyers view and a lot us on here, you can forgive mistakes as we all do them, deliberately jumping out of tackles and not putting a shift in is not making a mistake, its simply taking the piss. Bowyer doesn't have much choice but I would rather pay Williams and Maddison's contracts up.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Pearce makes a shit mistake, Maddison and Williams bottled tackles. In Bowyers view and a lot us on here, you can forgive mistakes as we all do them, deliberately jumping out of tackles and not putting a shift in is not making a mistake, its simply taking the piss. Bowyer doesn't have much choice but I would rather pay Williams and Maddison's contracts up.
    And replace them with who?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Bailey said:
    And replace them with who?
    Sorba Thomas would potentially be one, but you're then taking the risk on an untested Non-League player
  • Options
    That's why I stated Bowyer doesn't have much choice cafc, only he knows what monetary effect that would have on bringing people in, with cap a deciding factor. Quite simply we need to ask ourselves what level of performance are we going to get out of Jonny Williams as well or indeed any player who knows they will be looking to secure a move elsewhere at seasons end.
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    If you are pro footballer i think you have the right to say you have made it @AFKABartram . Obviously not as much as being a prem player but still a great aheivement.
    No idea why that’s aimed at me @SamB09

they're not my words