Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    or at least mutual agreement 

Pay them off and you've used up your budget, bowyer might be turning into a moron, but he's not that stupid. 
    leaving by mutual agreement doesn't mean paying people off, as any moron would know 
  • DOUCHER said:
    shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:

Pay them off and you've used up your budget, bowyer might be turning into a moron, but he's not that stupid. 
    leaving by mutual agreement doesn't mean paying people off, as any moron would know 
    You honestly think that any players would happily mutually agree to have their Contract ended?
  • Scoham said:
    Someone on the Facebook group bumped into MM, his son had a photo with him.

He’s still wearing the boot, here’s what he shared on their conversation:

“bypasses when i mentioned Bowyers comments. He wasn’t happy with the amount we change the team. Said we can’t gel and get a rhythm together. But also said the players on the pitch aren’t playing well regardless of who is playing. I said we can’t defend after losing Inniss and Famewo and he agreed but said we need to be better as a team. “We’re Charlton, a massive club” was he’s actual words.”

Disgraceful attitude etc etc Tattoos pizza not committed etc
  • How many months is he out injured for?
  • DOUCHER said:
    shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:

You honestly think that any players would happily mutually agree to have their Contract ended?
    yes if they join another club
  • edited January 2021
    How many months is he out injured for?
    If he’s only twisted /sprained his ankle about three to four weeks.
    If it’s ligament then it depends how bad, it could could be a few months or season ending.
    I am a bit of an expert on ankle ligament injuries.🙁
  • edited January 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:

That makes more sense... After all I cant imagine any player being happy to mutually agree to end their Contract if they dont have something else, given COVID and the Salary Cap, any player would be mental to throw away a pay day without something to replace it
  • Will Schwartz be judges as a footballer because he has tattoos? Did solly?

im not even sure why the fact that a player has tattoos is being mentioned when discussing his ability
    Totally agree. It’s quite obvious that some people on here have taken a look at him and the tats and gone “nah, I don’t like you. Not gonna warm to you looking like that”. Hasn’t Marcus Rashford got arms covered in tats? It’s a good job he’s done things in the community that have made people warm to him!! Maddison was saying on insta that he was going to be alone at Christmas and won’t see his daughter. Just think about that when balancing the cocky, arrogant footballer with the tats.
    Tattoos aren’t the point. The odd boots aren’t the point. It’s the Prima Donna status for a run of the mill third division footballer. 
    But the cross under the eye. But then jumping out of tackles like a nancy boy. That’s the problem.
    he is pony
    Did Lyle Taylor get grief for being an arrogant and cocky third division player?
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:

That makes more sense... After all I cant imagine any player being happy to mutually agree to end their Contract if they dont have something else, given COVID and the Salary Cap, any player would be mental to throw away a pay day without something to replace it
    yes, and anybody would be mental to interpret what i said as being that 
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:

yes, and anybody would be mental to interpret what i said as being that 
    Well sometimes you do need to be clearer, its certainly helpful at times so people dont read it any other way
  • Sponsored links:

• How many months is he out injured for?
    If he’s only twisted /sprained his ankle about three to four weeks.
    If it’s ligament then it depends how bad, it could could be a few months or season ending.
    I am a bit of an expert on ankle ligament injuries.🙁
    All those Karate kicks when you were younger mate 🥋😉.
  • I had a 180 degree turn on Marcus following his brief debut against the Mackems. 

Before that I had been in the camp of he was an excellent player ( a bit like Ryan Fraser) when he played for Posh against us but I felt we avoided a bullet in January whilst in the Championship. 

I liked his delivery from set pieces but it was actually his last gasp defending that impressed me. 

I hope he stays and is utilised effectively.
  • edited January 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:

Any moron (beings you've taken it personally) would know we've been a basket case of a club for years, terminating contracts after 5 months just shows nothing has changed.

• shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:

Douch by name 
    fool
  • I’m still trying to understand how so many of our supporters want to get rid of the one player we have who can make something out of nothing.
    He wears odd boots and has quite a few tats dontcha know. 
  • Talal said:
    I’m still trying to understand how so many of our supporters want to get rid of the one player we have who can make something out of nothing.
    He wears odd boots and has quite a few tats dontcha know. 

Hang the bastard!
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m still trying to understand how so many of our supporters want to get rid of the one player we have who can make something out of nothing.
    I know, it’s baffling. 
  • Im on the fence re MM, however as soon as he is back fit (after the injury on Friday), I think he should start the game and be given 90 minutes (fitness depending) to show what he can do for us in a full game. I was glad we got him and I think he is potentially the most creative player we have, but he has to be given a chance to show what he can do. As for jumping out of the tackle, I have two thoughts on that - If he had just taken a knock before the 'incident' perhaps it was a natural reaction to protect his 'knock', if not then it seemed as though he 'bottled' it. I also think LB should keep individual player criticisms to between him and the player, that means all players. Publicly admonishing any player is not, in my opinion, good man-management, and so far as I recall, that's Williams, Morgan, Bogle and Morrison. Yet others have been poor and made mistakes yet no mention of them....Gilbey, Pearce for example.
    Time for LB to re-build confidence and get back to playing the way we did when on the 6 match unbeaten run. We can still do that again and push on....and MM needs to be a big part of that. 
  • With the right management he'll deliver - more confident about him than JW. 
  • Anyone seriously blaming Gallen needs their head checked. The bloke has done absolute wonders for us since he joined. 
    Absolutely. If there was a choice of who you would rather keep at the club out of Bowyer and Gallen, Gallen would get my vote every time. 
  • People seem to missing the fact he went to Hull and team in free fall and didn't get a game I wonder why ? I think he is a complete wrongun
  • edited January 2021
    People seem to missing the fact he went to Hull and team in free fall and didn't get a game I wonder why ? I think he is a complete wrongun
    If Bowyer's letting his personal feelings get in the way of using our most talented player, I am concerned. He's a tool (not in the offensive way) and we need to be using all of our best tools at the moment. 

Fortunately for Bowyer he doesn't have the option to use Maddison now and he won't for at least 4-6 weeks I reckon... Bowyer won't know or care about that though. 
  • edited January 2021
    MM is not the sole reason we have been on a shocking run of form, we took a punt on him, rightly / or wrongly and at this point in time it looks like its not working out.

If i could use up one of my 3 TS wishes, it would be to not sign injury prone / unfit players in the future, we need to sign players who will hit the ground running, and not break in 5 minutes.