Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    People seem to missing the fact he went to Hull and team in free fall and didn't get a game I wonder why ? I think he is a complete wrongun
    If Bowyer's letting his personal feelings get in the way of using our most talented player, I am concerned. He's a tool (not in the offensive way) and we need to be using all of our best tools at the moment. 

Fortunately for Bowyer he doesn't have the option to use Maddison now and he won't for at least 4-6 weeks I reckon... Bowyer won't know or care about that though. 

I make him right.
  • Best goal you've seen scored by a Charlton player in years? - Honestly Dazzler?

Maybe our best goal this season, but wouldnt say it was better than Gallagher's against Derby last year
  • edited January 2021
    Best goal you've seen scored by a Charlton player in years? - Honestly Dazzler?

Maybe our best goal this season, but wouldnt say it was better than Gallagher's against Derby last year
    Okay, one of the best I have seen in years... Gallagher was a class player and is probably the type of player we are still missing now. 

Maddison's nutmeg and ranged rocket past the keeper was a fantastic goal though and probably only second to Gallagher's.

Interestingly on reflection I think Gallagher is probably the player Bowyer wanted Maddison to emulate. Both technically good, neither particularly fast but can see a pass and take a shot, but Gallagher had that never say die attitude and would chase everything... Kind of like Maddison did vs the Wombles. Not saying Maddison could do it to the same level, but to follow Gallagher's style could be achieved and make him a real asset.

There's a reason though that Gallagher is now a starter in the Premier League and Maddison is still in League 1. 
  • Has anyone watched the timeline of events regarding MM and his injury ?

I haven't but I thought he'd already taken a kick before the pulling out of tackles.

I may be wrong and just being bias, because I'm confused after knowing how much talent Maddison has in League 1.

We have seen it in glimpses, but why Marcus didn't come on with Aneke against Stanley; or start against Hull is another baffling decision by Bowyer.

• Dazzler21 said:
    I doesn't matter how good he is. Because of his appearance , people have already made up their minds about Maddison . 

Calling him a wrongun is ridiculous. What exactly has he done ,  while with charlton  , makes him a wrongun?

Sometimes i don't think we deserve players who have a special ability. 
    HE ATE A PIZZA DAMN IT!
    BUT IT HAD PINEAPPLE... WHO IN GODS NAME EATS PINEAPPLE ON A PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I doesn't matter how good he is. Because of his appearance , people have already made up their minds about Maddison . 

Calling him a wrongun is ridiculous. What exactly has he done ,  while with charlton  , makes him a wrongun?

HE ATE A PIZZA DAMN IT!
    BUT IT HAD PINEAPPLE... WHO IN GODS NAME EATS PINEAPPLE ON A PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I quite like an Hawaiian 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:

HE ATE A PIZZA DAMN IT!
    Havent met any girls from that part of the world before myself ;)
  • RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:

HE ATE A PIZZA DAMN IT!
    Havent met any girls from that part of the world before myself ;)
    Nor have I, just one careful owner, only just run in 😉
  • Maccn05 said:
    People who are defending MM's attitude and team ethics did you also chastise Lyle Taylor for not honoring his contract? pretty sure we all thought he was the lowest of the low?... Well Marcus Maddison did exactly the same to Hull and refused the short term extension - and they were in even worse trouble than us.

On his performances I must be watching a different game, people comparing him the Conor Gallagher (what an insult to CG) and that he's some kind of creative genius? he's had one good half the rest has been not tracking back and taking pot shots from anywhere. I really, really don't get the hype.

I hope he's out for the season and away from the dressing room. If he's prepared to put some of them tweets and IG posts out what is he seeding within the team.
    "I hope he's out for the season."

Nice.
  • edited January 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    People who are defending MM's attitude and team ethics did you also chastise Lyle Taylor for not honoring his contract? pretty sure we all thought he was the lowest of the low?... Well Marcus Maddison did exactly the same to Hull and refused the short term extension - and they were in even worse trouble than us.

On his performances I must be watching a different game, people comparing him the Conor Gallagher (what an insult to CG) and that he's some kind of creative genius? he's had one good half the rest has been not tracking back and taking pot shots from anywhere. I really, really don't get the hype.

I hope he's out for the season and away from the dressing room. If he's prepared to put some of them tweets and IG posts out what is he seeding within the team.
    A. No he didn't 

B. The manager who won't play him, obviously wasnt fussed even if he did... because he signed him.

I'm going to order a curry tonight, then once its arrived im going to complain its not tapas.
  • shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:

A. No he didn't 

B. The manager who won't play him, obviously wasnt fussed even if he did... because he signed him.

I'm going to order a curry tonight, then once its arrived im going to complain its not tapas.
    I don't understand the point being made in B. 

Enjoy the curry!
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:

A. No he didn't 

Enjoy the curry!
    The point being made is, you don't buy someone like maddson and then complain about what turned up.

I think that's a more than fair point. I have no idea why he was signed, he doesn't play anything like a Bowyer player so it's puzzling.

My only thoughts are he was wanted as a 'marquee' signing a big name or Bows thought we stroll the league and we'd use him to breakdown stubborn defenses

Either way he's been a disaster, poor on the pitch (IMO) constantly injured and unfit and now Bows and fans are arguing about him. As you can tell I'm firmly in the No camp and think his considerable wages would be much better spent on a young dynamic midfielder.
  • Maccn05 said:
    shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:

A. No he didn't 

Enjoy the curry!
    Quite simple. Bowyer has gone after Maddison in multiple transfer windows, this was not an impulse signing. You'd presume that means knowing a little bit about Maddison's style of playing which has not ever included much in the way of tackling or hassling off the ball.

Maddison is not that kind of player. He has never been that kind of player. At his age and given his past record, he's very unlikely to ever change to be that kind of player. Bowyer really should know that.
  • Maccn05 said:
    shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:

A. No he didn't 

Enjoy the curry!
    The point being made is, you don't buy someone like maddson and then complain about what turned up.

I think that's a more than fair point. I have no idea why he was signed, he doesn't play anything like a Bowyer player so it's puzzling.

My only thoughts are he was wanted as a 'marquee' signing a big name or Bows thought we stroll the league and we'd use him to breakdown stubborn defenses

Either way he's been a disaster, poor on the pitch (IMO) constantly injured and unfit and now Bows and fans are arguing about him. As you can tell I'm firmly in the No camp and think his considerable wages would be much better spent on a young dynamic midfielder.
    Thats fair enough, but I doubt he's on considerable wages considering when we signed him. 
  • edited January 2021
    Maccn05 said:

What pile of steaming shit that post is.

"I hope he's out for the season " - Really nice.

You are right about one thing though.       

You must be watching a different game 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:

I said:
    "Interestingly on reflection I think Gallagher is probably the player Bowyer wanted Maddison to emulate. Both technically good, neither particularly fast but can see a pass and take a shot, but Gallagher had that never say die attitude and would chase everything... Kind of like Maddison did vs the Wombles. Not saying Maddison could do it to the same level, but to follow Gallagher's style could be achieved and make him a real asset."

I did not directly compare the players, Gallagher wins every day of the week if you do that. My point was Bowyer may have brought in Maddison with a view to convert him, to develop him to have SOME of the defensive attributes Gallagher had, and that if he could do that we'd have a real asset. There's a reason we were looking for a creative midfielder as Chelsea recalled the creative, competitive Gallagher... Somehow though we ended up with Davis who offered neither creativity or defensive capabilities!

Maddison against Wimbledon was everywhere, dropping into defensive midfield to help bring the ball forward and chased almost everything that came near him and did something with everything that came to him. He didn't score or get an assist but was the pre-assist man on at least 2/3 goals that came when he was on the pitch. (Pearce long ball was the other)
    Totally respect your opinion, but I don't see at his age any chance of him developing some some of CG defensive attributes and I'd be amazed if that was Bows plan for him.

He was good in the AFC Wimbledon game for 45mins, but so was everyone, it's easy when your winning 5-2, even in that game Johnny was better - that was the game we saw his reactions to Bow's unfair rollicking lets see what MM's reaction is.
  • Maccn05 said:

What pile of steaming shit that post is.

"I hope he's out for the season " - Really nice.

You are right about one thing though.       

You must be watching a different game 
    Jeez it's a game of opinions and this is a forum for sharing those no... why so aggressive!?!? 

People like you are why fans on other platforms call this forum a closed shop and a negative place.

I'd be pretty confident that my analysis of the game would be accurate than yours ;) but unlike you I'd respect your opinion.
  • Maccn05 said:

People like you are why fans on other platforms call this forum a closed shop and a negative place

Wtf this place is far from that !!
    If at any point before Leeds were 4-0 up in the last game of the season you mentioned that we’d go down you were fired at with both barrels !!