Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Didn't think Maatsen did 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Didn't think Maatsen did 
    Maatsen did a lame header to the Accrington player for the second goal

He then just stood there as they collected the ball and then crossed it so it could be laid to Bishop
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Didn't think Maatsen did 
    On at least two occasions. Thought they were more  obvious than Maddison’s. He wasn’t great last night but few were. 

We won’t ever see Maddison’s potential until we sort our cb and cm issues.
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Bowyer hasn't mentioned Maatsen's jumping out of tackles.
    Surely even Bowyer wouldn't publicly slate an 18 year old kid?

He'd also pretty much ruin any chance of getting any loan players from Chelsea ever again.
  • Options
    Sorry I must have missed him jumping out of tackles and yes he is clearly at fault for the second. In his defence he is eighteen and learning the game as is Albie Morgan, they are learning the game. Maddison is approaching 28 and in my opinion, knows his career is going backwards, he will be gone soon enough. 
  • Options
    haven't read all the recent posts but i was wondering if any one could tell me how he got injured? to me he looked like he fell over himself. 
  • Options
    haven't read all the recent posts but i was wondering if any one could tell me how he got injured? to me he looked like he fell over himself. 
    He rolled his ankle off the ball. 
  • Options
    I personally don't care what he looks like or what boots he wears, although he does look stupid, but that's his choice. But that look draws attention and puts pressure on you to do the job on the pitch - but he's not IMO.

He would be better served with a manager who's prepared to indulge him and put an arm round but we know that's not Bows style rightly or wrongly. Bow's does need to do better at working with players who don't match his exact traits.

What narks me about Maddison and makes it impossible to like him is his terrible body language and his refusal to press and help his fullback - and that's why Bow's doesn't trust him.

I played at a decent level, not because I was great on the ball but because I wanted it so much and was prepared to do whatever for the team, probably another reason I'll always back Bows and not warm to a Maddison type.
  • Options
    It looked like he just rolled his ankle.
  • Options
    He was tackled by the foot of God, after bottling out of a tackle by invoking the Rommedahl method of challenge avoidance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Statistically one of the best players to play at this level in the last decade... yeah he's shit. Im gutted il never get to see him play in the flesh.

Bowyer has it all to do next season, no shit owner, backed in the windows and a new fitness team.

There will literally be zero excuses to hide behind.

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I personally don't care what he looks like or what boots he wears, although he does look stupid, but that's his choice. But that look draws attention and puts pressure on you to do the job on the pitch - but he's not IMO.

He would be better served with a manager who's prepared to indulge him and put an arm round but we know that's not Bows style rightly or wrongly. Bow's does need to do better at working with players who don't match his exact traits.

What narks me about Maddison and makes it impossible to like him is his terrible body language and his refusal to press and help his fullback - and that's why Bow's doesn't trust him.

I played at a decent level, not because I was great on the ball but because I wanted it so much and was prepared to do whatever for the team, probably another reason I'll always back Bows and not warm to a Maddison type.
    LB has praised his running and tracking back at various times this season.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:
    You are forgetting we didn't have a team to put out and getting bodies in for nothing was essential. Fact is Maddison plays only for Maddison and has added nothing to the team, that is why he is still at this level.
    He's barely been given a chance ffs. 
    In his defence its not helped he didnt play during Project Restart... that was compounded further by the fact he didnt sign for us until 1st October we'd already played seven League / Cup games by that point

Came into the team for Sunderland for fitness and promptly got injured so wasnt involved until November when he was then eased into the team due to his lack of match fitness and coming off the back of injury

Since the International Weekend he's been fully involved with the Hull game the only League game he's not actually played:

Gillingham: Started... 67mins
    Burton: Started... 58mins
    MK Dons: Bench... 45mins
    AFC Wimbledon: Started... 84mins
    Swindon: Started... 72mins
    Plymouth: Bench,,, 25mins
    Hull: Left on the Bench
    Accrington: Bench... 26mins

Someone is going to have to explain why they think Bowyer doesnt like him on that basis
    That's not quite true

Ipswich: Left on the Bench
    Shrewsbury: Absent through Illness

So that's 2 games where he was left on the bench.

In the last 3 games he's played 51 minutes out of 180+ in a period when we've only been playing 1 game a week, and both his appearances have been when we were losing
  • Options
    Been ‘suggested’ he trod on a sprinkler head......not confirmed but has been mentioned.
    If true, it’s almost unheard of.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    SoundAsa£ said:
    Been ‘suggested’ he trod on a sprinkler head......not confirmed but has been mentioned.
    If true, it’s almost unheard of.
    You get a free drop from one of those in golf and I think MM would have one coming whether he’s injured or not 🤔.
  • Options
    The irony is that MM shouldn’t even be discussed in the context of what happened last nite, other than to be wished a speedy recovery from his injury. But bowyers comments have rightly forced the majority of supporters to defend MM. Just hope bowyer apologises to him and they can both move on.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:
    You are forgetting we didn't have a team to put out and getting bodies in for nothing was essential. Fact is Maddison plays only for Maddison and has added nothing to the team, that is why he is still at this level.
    In his defence its not helped he didnt play during Project Restart... that was compounded further by the fact he didnt sign for us until 1st October we'd already played seven League / Cup games by that point

Came into the team for Sunderland for fitness and promptly got injured so wasnt involved until November when he was then eased into the team due to his lack of match fitness and coming off the back of injury

Since the International Weekend he's been fully involved with the Hull game the only League game he's not actually played:

Someone is going to have to explain why they think Bowyer doesnt like him on that basis
    So he was eased into the team from November to build fitness up, played during our best performance of the season against Wimbledon. Back on the bench for Plymouth, comes on and scores and then is benched again for the next two. So when he's fully fit instead of capitalising on that we leave him on the bench. Added to that the "I don't care" if he's injured comment and I think it's fair to see Bowyer's not his biggest fan. 
    Played against Swindon in between and apart from one moment was pretty much a passenger
    One poor game is all he gets? Yet Gilbey racks them up and still gets picked. 
    And Pearce
    Pearce he probably has little choice with... Who else do you play in LCB? - Mingi, Purrington?
    Does not call him out though like Maddison or Williams
    Doesnt call him out by name...

“First goal – it’s laughable. It’s like going to watch Sunday league football, that goal. What, the goalkeeper catches the ball and just punts it up there? You have a mix up. Come on, you’re meant to be professional footballers. That can’t be happening."

I thought we didnt want him calling out players at all though?

Like I said last night, he's going to call out Maddison for jumping out of a challenge as Williams did exactly the same against Shrewsbury, I knew it would happen the moment I saw it
    Gilbey jumped out of a tackle after about 20 mins of the game and was not called out so he is not consistent.
  • Options
    Any news on the injury? 
  • Options
    Any news on the injury? 
    That will be the first question Bowyer is asked at the next Press Conference...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:

So he was eased into the team from November to build fitness up, played during our best performance of the season against Wimbledon. Back on the bench for Plymouth, comes on and scores and then is benched again for the next two. So when he's fully fit instead of capitalising on that we leave him on the bench. Added to that the "I don't care" if he's injured comment and I think it's fair to see Bowyer's not his biggest fan. 
    Played against Swindon in between and apart from one moment was pretty much a passenger
    And Pearce
    Pearce he probably has little choice with... Who else do you play in LCB? - Mingi, Purrington?

“First goal – it’s laughable. It’s like going to watch Sunday league football, that goal. What, the goalkeeper catches the ball and just punts it up there? You have a mix up. Come on, you’re meant to be professional footballers. That can’t be happening."

Like I said last night, he's going to call out Maddison for jumping out of a challenge as Williams did exactly the same against Shrewsbury, I knew it would happen the moment I saw it
    He does in the Valley Pass interview, that's with Sky
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Bailey said:

And Pearce

He does in the Valley Pass interview, that's with Sky
    The quote I grabbed was with Rich Cawley 
  • Options
    Any news on the injury? 
    That will be the first question Bowyer is asked at the next Press Conference...
    I just hope he doesn’t reply ‘like I give a shit’.
  • Options
    Bowyer - asked if Maddison is seriously injured: "I don't know. I don't care. You've got a player who is jumping out of tackles and then he says he got a knock before that. If you do that again then you're done."
  • Options
    Bowyer: "He has got a great left foot but if you're dropping out of tackles it is the wrong thing to do. You're letting your team-mates and the club down."
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer: "They had more fight, more determination. It summed it up when Maddison jumped out of a tackle."
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    He was tackled by the foot of God, after bottling out of a tackle by invoking the Rommedahl method of challenge avoidance. 
    i agree with that - i wouldn't be surprised if him, maatsen and williams all end up elsewhere this window - through their own choice 
  • Options
    or at least mutual agreement