Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    So 3 good form Bosu push ups some awkwardly creepy dancing and some curls of an empty 7.5kg bar... 

That fitness... Is laughable. Hopefully this was just his warm up. 
    I think it was mostly tongue-in-cheek, as I think everything he does is online, but was still pretty cringe. He's hardly built like a professional athlete is he...
    Agree, compare his quads to any pro we have right now... He looks like a very average joe, not even a part time athlete! Even the kids coming through look in far better shape...

But then that is the question on him, his skill is up there, his determination and hunger to prove himself and stay in shape is not.

Sad really.

*Edit* Not sad for him, sad for all of us that would kill for half his skill and would work every week to prove that we deserve our place...
  • If he doesn’t turn his season around, can see him going from club to club quite quickly, and then probably early retirement ala Diego Poyet and going to do something else completely outside of football. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So 3 good form Bosu push ups some awkwardly creepy dancing and some curls of an empty 7.5kg bar... 

I think it was mostly tongue-in-cheek, as I think everything he does is online, but was still pretty cringe. He's hardly built like a professional athlete is he...
    Agree, compare his quads to any pro we have right now... He looks like a very average joe, not even a part time athlete! Even the kids coming through look in far better shape...

But then that is the question on him, his skill is up there, his determination and hunger to prove himself and stay in shape is not.

Sad really.

*Edit* Not sad for him, sad for all of us that would kill for half his skill and would work every week to prove that we deserve our place...

For all the excuses that he and his supporters will offer, the cold facts are that, for the last 12 months in League football he has scored one goal and offered no assists whatsoever. He has ended up playing in League 2 and isn't even guaranteed a starting place at that level. Think Maddison then think Lapslie. Then think the difference to a team at that level - the one bit of magic every three or four games compared to consistency, goals and team ethic. Then think which 99.9% of Managers would prefer.

Released by Newcastle without kicking a ball in anger, via Blyth Spartans, St Johnstone and Gateshead, a month short of his 21st birthday he joined Peterborough. It really would not surprise me if he didn't end up back at Blyth Spartans or Gateshead next season because, for all his undoubted ability, his laziness and refusal to do the hard yards sits far more comfortably with the life of a part time footballer - and full time attention seeker. 
    TBH he will probably give up football and set up an Only Fans business 🤣🤣🤣
    Him and maddie can team up
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Sad really.

For all the excuses that he and his supporters will offer, the cold facts are that, for the last 12 months in League football he has scored one goal and offered no assists whatsoever. He has ended up playing in League 2 and isn't even guaranteed a starting place at that level. Think Maddison then think Lapslie. Then think the difference to a team at that level - the one bit of magic every three or four games compared to consistency, goals and team ethic. Then think which 99.9% of Managers would prefer.

Released by Newcastle without kicking a ball in anger, via Blyth Spartans, St Johnstone and Gateshead, a month short of his 21st birthday he joined Peterborough. It really would not surprise me if he didn't end up back at Blyth Spartans or Gateshead next season because, for all his undoubted ability, his laziness and refusal to do the hard yards sits far more comfortably with the life of a part time footballer - and full time attention seeker. 
    Just had a bit of sick
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Sad really.

McCann? Bit harsh to want him disappeared in Portugal.....

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Sad really.

McCann? Bit harsh to want him disappeared in Portugal.....

mmm..
  • Not in Bolton's 18 man squad today. 
  • Richard J said:
    Not in Bolton's 18 man squad today. 
    Injury concern according to their Manager
  • Sponsored links:

• 3 goals, 4 assists and 2 man of the match performances shows we should have kept him... oh wait.
  • Scoham said:
    3 goals, 4 assists and 2 man of the match performances shows we should have kept him... oh wait.
    He wouldn’t look out of place in this team 
  • clive said:

'Maverick' Maddison was a no-show

Turning up at full-time for a match you were expected to be in the squad for is bad enough but, when you are staying in the hotel 50 yards from the stadium, it is even worse.

That was the bizarre situation at Bolton for their last home match when Marcus Maddison was a no-show.

The former Peterborough and Hull winger, 27, signed on deadline day from Charlton in February, was nowhere to be seen at the 1.30pm meet ahead of the League Two clash with Barrow.

When he finally got there, he had some explaining to do, with sources claiming he had ‘slept in’.

Maddison, described as a ‘maverick’ by Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony, was sent off on his Bolton debut but had the red card rescinded. 

Bolton boss Ian Evatt subsequently told the press the player had a ‘sickness bug’.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9336257/SPORTS-AGENDA-Manchester-United-axe-company-published-financial-results-day-early.html

Another Tony Watt.
  • Find this chap very funny. Not sure if he just doesn’t give a fck or whether he’s simply a complete and utter tool but he’ll be playing non league in a year at this rate. 
  • A friend of mine knows him and Marcus is very open that he doesn’t care about football and wants to be a tattooist. Probably will retire early the way he’s going.
  • Sponsored links:

• A friend of mine knows him and Marcus is very open that he doesn’t care about football and wants to be a tattooist. Probably will retire early the way he’s going.
    Good of him to admit that but take the wages anyway.
  • Sack him and move on. 
  • edited March 2021
    I have now done a full 360 degree turn on Marcus .

Before we were promoted I felt he was the best player in L1 . A bit like Scott Fraser this season we all would have wanted him to sign for us . Ian Evatt's is right he has the X Factor .

I wasn't keen when Lee went after him in the January 2020 transfer window because I didn't like the way he was acting towards Peterborough and felt relieved that McGeady pitched up instead of him . 

I must admit he won me over in his cameo against Sunderland . An exquisite free kick showed real class but it was his defensive clearance at the death I thought showed that he would put in a shift and act as a team player . Two of the games I saw live against MKD and AFC Wombles he really impressed me and his goals against Orient and Plymouth were excellent .

That said the latest incident reinforces the view that he can't knuckle down because clearly he does have ability . Having said that he did play over 200 times for Peterborough .
  • edited March 2021
    No idea what happened in the last two years to him, but he has definitely lost his desire to prove himself and progress in football. 

Sack him and move on. Surely turning up late for a game when your accommodation is minutes away is gross misconduct. May not be directly for us, but reflects on us. 

(Yep now of the opinion the bloke is never going to get back on track)
  • Affected not effected
  • shine166 said:
    seth plum said:
    A tattooist?
    Has it got any easier (if at all) to remove tattoos from a person’s body?
    Purely a personal opinion but I have never seen a tattooed part of a person where I haven’t thought it would look much better if the tattoo wasn’t there.
    For fuck sake, not this again 
    Let's be honest, it could be worse  ;)