Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• CAFCsayer said:
    Wasn't one for slagging him off due to his tattoos, but that is fucking diabolical 😂 Geezer must be flatsharing with Stevie Wonder 
    That last sentence sent me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Very tasteful tattoo - the whole Charlton squad should get one. 
  • Fucking state of him!!
  • Fantastic recruitment from us. 

Questions need to be asked about why we chased him for over 6 months. 
    I've criticised his signing because Bowyer thought he get him to become a player he wasn't. It was a gamble that failed, so naturally Bowyer has to take some blame. But I also think it's clear that when on form his skills were something we lacked (and still do) so you can understand the interest. It was never going to work because Bowyer (rightly or wrongly) just concentrated on the side of his game he wished to improve that Maddison has zero interest in working on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Fantastic recruitment from us. 

Questions need to be asked about why we chased him for over 6 months. 
    Not that long ago there were plenty of people on this board complaining we'd let him go

"Just proves Bowyer can't manage big players" is one quote that sticks in my memory
  • Chunes said:
    He'd still start in my midfield in this squad. 
    Good luck getting him to turn up 
    Yeah cause all the others do weekly
  • Yeah had hoped Bolton would be a stiff kick up his arris, but it seems not. 

Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it seems we can now see he is just turning up (or not in some cases) for a pay cheque. Sad given his obvious ability. 

As you say once the spark is gone... that's it. 
  • He'd still start in my midfield in this squad. 

He can barely get a start for Bolton in the league below.

What happens when his team mates see him not putting the effort in (in training or on the pitch)?

Just as Bowyer isn’t the manager he was 2 years ago, Maddison isn’t the player he was while at Peterborough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

What happens when his team mates see him not putting the effort in (in training or on the pitch)?

Just as Bowyer isn’t the manager he was 2 years ago, Maddison isn’t the player he was while at Peterborough.
    He'd still start for me mate. It's a no arguement as he's not playing for us ever again however, we need to win games and bar Albie Morgan we have no flair, creativity, or ability to score from long range.

We have lots of very fit Vet players all back tracking, tackling, huffing and puffing keeping the mighty Oxford, Shrewsburys, Burtons, Gillinghams at bay..........

Can't win games setting up to stop teams scoring. 
  • Scoham said:

He'd still start for me mate. It's a no arguement as he's not playing for us ever again however, we need to win games and bar Albie Morgan we have no flair, creativity, or ability to score from long range.

We have lots of very fit Vet players all back tracking, tackling, huffing and puffing keeping the mighty Oxford, Shrewsburys, Burtons, Gillinghams at bay..........

Agree the balance isn’t right, I’m just not convinced Maddison could be the answer.

He’s on his third club since leaving Posh and despite dropping to the fourth tier still isn’t performing.

Can’t all be down to poor or negative managers can’t it?
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Agree the balance isn’t right, I’m just not convinced Maddison could be the answer.

He’s on his third club since leaving Posh and despite dropping to the fourth tier still isn’t performing.

Can’t all be down to poor or negative managers can’t it?

I do agree mate he is vastly underperfoming and IMO it's quite clear it's a mindset issue. 

However, give me 15minutes of him on the pitch in the second half for a must win game than Smith, Pratley, Watson, Gilbey (I'd add Shinnie in there but he does get played in the right position and given a licence sometimes) 
  • Very tasteful tattoo - the whole Charlton squad should get one. 
    But saying Tragic rather than Magic. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

I do wonder what Adkins view on Marcus Magic Maddison are, and if there will be a meeting between the two before the season is out.

Clearly, and understandably by the sounds of things, MM's career at Charlton was over under Bowyer. But if we are in league one still next season, and MM has not totally given up I imagine NA may be the sort of manager to get the best out of him.
    Mmm will be interesting to see what NA does. 
  • We won't sign him back up I don't think.