Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• edited March 2021
    I still can’t forget the pretend injury he sustained when he tripped over a divot. Not seen anything like that ever before.
    That we will never know...hinting at people faking health condition cost Piers Morgan a job. 
    Think there was some validity to the claims... Not publicly, but at least questions asked in private between the manager and the clubs medical professionals. 
  • LB “He said he was ill”.
  • Is Maddison still in contract with us for next season?

If - massive if - we could get Maddison and Jaiyesimi firing then we could really be onto a winner. 
  • se9addick said:
    Is Maddison still in contract with us for next season?

If - massive if - we could get Maddison and Jaiyesimi firing then we could really be onto a winner. 
    Think he signed ona 1 year deal with the option of a second, though I assume his loan move means he won't be able to play enough games to trigger an extension 
  • edited March 2021
    se9addick said:
    Is Maddison still in contract with us for next season?

Was a one year contract with the possibility of an one year extension on top

Guess Maddison had to surpass a certain amount of games for us for that to happen - Am sorry though he hasnt done anything for Bolton so clearly doesnt seem to have the desire to proves that he deserves any second chances in my book
  • Dazzler21 said:

I do wonder what Adkins view on Marcus Magic Maddison are, and if there will be a meeting between the two before the season is out.

Clearly, and understandably by the sounds of things, MM's career at Charlton was over under Bowyer. But if we are in league one still next season, and MM has not totally given up I imagine NA may be the sort of manager to get the best out of him.
    The bloke is barely a footballer now and certainly nowhere near the person and player he was at the Posh. 
  • Get rid, I am sick of this “I reckon xxxxxxx could get him playing again “ Fuck him, he had his chance and did not take it.

I think from this you are saying Marcus Maddison will NOT come good!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Am I the only person seeing this and thinking "who is Nicky Adams?"

It turns out he's a journeyman midfielder, who's mainly played in L2, but the occasional spell in L1 (like this season for Northampton)
  • Sponsored links:

• Maddison would likely be top of that list if he'd played more over the past year.
  • Maddison would likely be top of that list if he'd played more over the past year.
    What like Eriksen :wink:

I am not sure the date of that stat but quite a few of them have hardly played, or not even been in this country, for a while. 
  • Tattoos and poor performance aside lets hope he just didnt get on with bows and may still yet turn out to be a star - altho pikely now not for us if his contract is up!
  • Based on comments about and by Adkins saying he wants everyone to work together and pull in the same direction for the team - I really can't see it working out for MM under new management either.
    Indeed. As Paul Hayes has said - “Nige’s recruitment was second to none. He never brought in players who thought they were bigger than what they were or had a bad attitude."
  • Based on comments about and by Adkins saying he wants everyone to work together and pull in the same direction for the team - I really can't see it working out for MM under new management either.
    Same with Paul Hayes' comments today about Adkins wanting players with the right attitude
    Indeed. As Paul Hayes has said - “Nige’s recruitment was second to none. He never brought in players who thought they were bigger than what they were or had a bad attitude."
    Based on comments about and by Adkins saying he wants everyone to work together and pull in the same direction for the team - I really can't see it working out for MM under new management either.
    Same with Paul Hayes' comments today about Adkins wanting players with the right attitude
    Exactly what I was thinking of - Can't exactly have everybody else "grabbing an oar" whilst MM is off feigning a tight hammy so he can go knock off some tinder bird.
    I do believe that Adkins will want to give him a chance and will speak to MM and also the wider team around him. I expect however that he will likely come to the conclusion that he is not the right person to have around the time, and you wouldn't really blame him for it either.
    Based on comments about and by Adkins saying he wants everyone to work together and pull in the same direction for the team - I really can't see it working out for MM under new management either.
    Exactly what I was thinking of - Can't exactly have everybody else "grabbing an oar" whilst MM is off feigning a tight hammy so he can go knock off some tinder bird.
    I do believe that Adkins will want to give him a chance and will speak to MM and also the wider team around him. I expect however that he will likely come to the conclusion that he is not the right person to have around the time, and you wouldn't really blame him for it either.
    I would think NA will have a word with JJ about him too - who I doubt will sing his praises either frankly. 
  • I still can’t forget the pretend injury he sustained when he tripped over a divot. Not seen anything like that ever before.
    That we will never know...hinting at people faking health condition cost Piers Morgan a job. 
    Bang goes your bid to be the new host of Good Morning Britain, bad luck @EveshamAddick - guess it just wasn’t meant to be. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Scoham said:
    Release him and bring in younger and hungrier players on the up. I doubt he’ll get back to the level he was at with Posh. Let another club take that gamble.
    A sage armchair pundit on here predicted, before he’d left the club, that Maddison would be playing non-league by that start of 2022/23 season. If anything that prediction looks to have been overly optimistic. I wouldn’t be surprised now if he’s forced into retirement because no one will touch him. 
  • Sounding almost gleeful at his demise is odd, I'm disappointed that we never got to see the extent of his ability for us. Was it the AFC Wombles game where he worked hard and created shooting or assisting opportunities for others? (Next game he was almost invisible at times vs Swindon)

I have said it before, but it angers me how someone can just throw away such natural skill and a career for which they would have worked bloody hard for. 

I know people don't believe it, but it isn't easy to get into a Football League side and remain there for years, scoring your own goals and assisting as many or more for others. 
    It takes a lot of hard graft.

Something snapped here and made Marcus throw in the towel. Personally I think it must have been his clash with Ferguson. A real shame as had we signed him in play off promotion season, I'd bet we'd be seeing a different man right now. 

I hope we can both move on to something better for us.
  • On bench for today's live game on Sky against Forest Green kicking off at 12
  • On bench for today's live game on Sky against Forest Green kicking off at 12
    Josh Davison & Scott Wagstaff on the bench for Forest Green.
  • clive said:
    On bench for today's live game on Sky against Forest Green kicking off at 12
    Off topic, but I'm not sure Josh has done enough in either of his loan spells to suggest he should be a regular for us next season
  • Bolton have had 20 new players in this season. They took 25 points from their first 23 matches but, assuming, that they hold on today they will have picked up 38 points from their last 14 games. They would also be just two points off automatic promotion.

Credit to Bolton. Evatt came to them having earned a good reputation with Barrow but it would have been easy for them to sack him after that start.
  • clive said:
    Off topic, but I'm not sure Josh has done enough in either of his loan spells to suggest he should be a regular for us next season
    Well he's having a stinker today.
  • clive said:
    A regular striker for us next season needs to be someone who can lead the line in a major promotion push (or possibly in the Championship, in the unlikely scenario we go up in May). 

Don’t think he’s at that level for either just yet.