Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Must have been applying himself well in training to get the opportunity to start, maybe he needs a run of games to try get back to his best.

Not sure he has that motivation or desire in him to keep pushing though. 
  • Surprised this thread didn't have yesterday's news from him.

• Must have been applying himself well in training to get the opportunity to start, maybe he needs a run of games to try get back to his best.

Yeah, but if he's emotionally and mentally burnt out and hit the wall - then right now, it's not even a question of motivation.

• Oggy Red said:
    Must have been applying himself well in training to get the opportunity to start, maybe he needs a run of games to try get back to his best.

Yeah, but if he's emotionally and mentally burnt out and hit the wall - then right now, it's not even a question of motivation.

Indeed you are right. Though I have long since suspected that he would have been struggling, and have mentioned and defended that position on this thread, I didn't expect it to be as bad as him needing to totally step away from football.

I was maybe thinking the right sort of manager and environment for him may have helped, but I probably really underestimated the effect the pandemic would also have. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Must have been applying himself well in training to get the opportunity to start, maybe he needs a run of games to try get back to his best.

Indeed you are right. Though I have long since suspected that he would have been struggling, and have mentioned and defended that position on this thread, I didn't expect it to be as bad as him needing to totally step away from football.

I was maybe thinking the right sort of manager and environment for him may have helped, but I probably really underestimated the effect the pandemic would also have. 
    Yeah, lots of factors ....... and many, probably most of us, have struggled with the impact of Covid and lockdowns in one form or another.
    These haven't been normal times.

And if you're living alone, isolated from family and friends, feeling disconnected and disassociated - then every issue that you have can seem impossible to deal with.

• What is it with football players and tattoos.  Too much time or too much money ? It isn't exactly attractive and suggests self doubt or self respect ,to me anyway.

good point .. I also have wondered at the state of mind of people who go right over the top (matter of opinion of course) with tattoos,  to allow an 'artist' to use their body as a medium for their 'art'.. attention seeking, a cry for help ? .. who knows .. 
  • Mental health is such a strange yet fragile thing. Was scrolling through MM's Instagram yesterday and can't help but think if he followed the advice and actually did the things he said he was being denied of, things might have been very different. Mindsets are all about repetitive behaviours, you have to change and break a cycle to make yourself have a different outlook.

One of the biggest things I can say I have really liked about Nigel A is his mentality. Never a truer word spoken then his advice for anyone suffering, talking and walking is the best medicine. I think MM has to change his mentality to start "falling back in love" with football.

When things go sour in more than one place, the finger cannot be pointed at everyone else, you have to look at yourself and how you are applying yourself. I hope and wish him well and sincerely hope he makes a recovery, there's no doubting the boy has talent.
  • Surely time to lock or better still delete the thread.
  • Can see him being out of the game after this season
    What a waste that would be. But looks like that’s the route his career is going. 
    I agree. 

I don’t want to speculate on what might have gone on but its starting to look like he’ll have to start again at another club in league 2. It would be tough for anyone to find the motivation to keep going given he hasn’t done anything of note in half a season there. Especially as he clearly thinks he’s good enough to play 2 leagues above.
    The trouble is you can't keep on stealing a living because eventually you will run out of clubs to rob. I questioned why no club had come in for him in the summer especially as he had pleaded on twitter that all he wanted to do was to play football. At his last three clubs he has achieved next to nothing and It looks like the nearest thing to playing football again will be with his mates over the park.
    *In the last 14 months he has achieved next to nothing* Three clubs makes it sound a lot longer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What is it with football players and tattoos.  Too much time or too much money ? It isn't exactly attractive and suggests self doubt or self respect ,to me anyway.
    good point .. I also have wondered at the state of mind of people who go right over the top (matter of opinion of course) with tattoos,  to allow an 'artist' to use their body as a medium for their 'art'.. attention seeking, a cry for help ? .. who knows .. 
    Maybe they just like it?
  • Just a reminder across his 8 seasons of football. 

P 328 in all comps
    GS 82 in all comps
    GA 101 in all comps

Even in the first half of last season he had scored 9 and assisted 6 goals. At this level, if you can keep him interested... He's a lethal implement to bring in to win/finish games.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    What is it with football players and tattoos.  Too much time or too much money ? It isn't exactly attractive and suggests self doubt or self respect ,to me anyway.
    Maybe they just like it?
    Agreed, but for someone who is struggling with their mental health it could be form of self harming.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    What is it with football players and tattoos.  Too much time or too much money ? It isn't exactly attractive and suggests self doubt or self respect ,to me anyway.
    Maybe they just like it?
    Agreed, but for someone who is struggling with their mental health it could be form of self harming.
    Could be. Do we have anyone on here with tons of tattoos?

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maybe they just like it?
    Could be. Do we have anyone on here with tons of tattoos?

Yes. 😁
  • Crusty54 said:
    Surely time to lock or better still delete the thread.
    Think that would be wise 
  • Started his own gaming channel.

https://m.twitch.tv/officialmadgamer
  • Scoham said:
    Started his own gaming channel.

Hopefully it can help him to focus on something other than anything depressive and find his happy place again

Seems to be a popular thing now for Sportsmen what with Lando Norris, George Russell, Charles Leclerc all having their own channels

Just hope he doesnt read too many comments as reckon he'll get a lot of abuse on there
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Started his own gaming channel.

Hopefully it can help him to focus on something other than anything depressive and find his happy place again

Seems to be a popular thing now for Sportsmen what with Lando Norris, George Russell, Charles Leclerc all having their own channels

Just hope he doesnt read too many comments as reckon he'll get a lot of abuse on there
    A lot of mma fighters have pretty popular channels as well, Demetrious Johnson, Max Holloway to name a couple but i'm pretty sure there's a lot more
  • Interesting that Peterborough finally pushed on for promotion after releasing their talisman for so many years.
  • Good for him. Hope he enjoys it 
  • My god is he gonna score goals for them!