Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Davison's struggled with the lack of service and the wind hasn't helped but he neither dominated the opposition CBs nor looks like he is busting a gut to get on the end of the few crosses that have come in.

Meanwhile Maddison can't get a minute despite the fact that Bolton made four changes to their midfield and front line.  
  • Davison was pretty poor .. fell
    over when should have scored 
  • Bolton have had 20 new players in this season. They took 25 points from their first 23 matches but, assuming, that they hold on today they will have picked up 38 points from their last 14 games. They would also be just two points off automatic promotion.

Credit to Bolton. Evatt came to them having earned a good reputation with Barrow but it would have been easy for them to sack him after that start.
    I think we should use Bolton as an inspiration for the rest of our season. If we can go on a similar run of form we'd surely make the playoffs and go into them as the form team 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Sounding almost gleeful at his demise is odd, I'm disappointed that we never got to see the extent of his ability for us. Was it the AFC Wombles game where he worked hard and created shooting or assisting opportunities for others? (Next game he was almost invisible at times vs Swindon)

I have said it before, but it angers me how someone can just throw away such natural skill and a career for which they would have worked bloody hard for. 

I know people don't believe it, but it isn't easy to get into a Football League side and remain there for years, scoring your own goals and assisting as many or more for others. 
    It takes a lot of hard graft.

Something snapped here and made Marcus throw in the towel. Personally I think it must have been his clash with Ferguson. A real shame as had we signed him in play off promotion season, I'd bet we'd be seeing a different man right now. 

I hope we can both move on to something better for us.
    If you'd had the same job since you were a teenager, you'd probably burn out. I get that it's football, and it's a dream job for a lot of us, but these lads are only human, and I'm surprised we don't see more players that just lose interest at this stage in their careers. Especially when you realise you're never going to play above League One.
  • Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sounding almost gleeful at his demise is odd, I'm disappointed that we never got to see the extent of his ability for us. Was it the AFC Wombles game where he worked hard and created shooting or assisting opportunities for others? (Next game he was almost invisible at times vs Swindon)

I have said it before, but it angers me how someone can just throw away such natural skill and a career for which they would have worked bloody hard for. 

I know people don't believe it, but it isn't easy to get into a Football League side and remain there for years, scoring your own goals and assisting as many or more for others. 
    It takes a lot of hard graft.

Something snapped here and made Marcus throw in the towel. Personally I think it must have been his clash with Ferguson. A real shame as had we signed him in play off promotion season, I'd bet we'd be seeing a different man right now. 

I hope we can both move on to something better for us.
    If you'd had the same job since you were a teenager, you'd probably burn out. I get that it's football, and it's a dream job for a lot of us, but these lads are only human, and I'm surprised we don't see more players that just lose interest at this stage in their careers. Especially when you realise you're never going to play above League One.
    That might be a fair point actually. 
  • Especially when you have had the talent at your disposal that MM obviously has. Even he must now realise that if he got his head down years ago he would have gone alot further than he did. That isnt a criticism just a comment on the waste of talent. Which is why I admire the likes of Foden, Mount etc who knuckle down and strive to succeed. It must be very tempting to have that much money at their age to just lose your head
  • AndyG said:
    Especially when you have had the talent at your disposal that MM obviously has. Even he must now realise that if he got his head down years ago he would have gone alot further than he did. That isnt a criticism just a comment on the waste of talent. Which is why I admire the likes of Foden, Mount etc who knuckle down and strive to succeed. It must be very tempting to have that much money at their age to just lose your head
    I'm not sure that's a fair comparison, seeing that Foden and Mount are youngsters really, when everything's exciting and new

And Maddison had 5 excellent years at Posh before it seemed to go wrong
  • AndyG said:
    Especially when you have had the talent at your disposal that MM obviously has. Even he must now realise that if he got his head down years ago he would have gone alot further than he did. That isnt a criticism just a comment on the waste of talent. Which is why I admire the likes of Foden, Mount etc who knuckle down and strive to succeed. It must be very tempting to have that much money at their age to just lose your head
    I'm not sure that's a fair comparison, seeing that Foden and Mount are youngsters really, when everything's exciting and new

And Maddison had 5 excellent years at Posh before it seemed to go wrong
    Yes but when I was their age if I had their £ I would have found other exciting things to do aside from football which is probably what MM did
  • AndyG said:
    Some people are happy with their lot & don't always want to  bust a gut" or "go the extra mile". I'd wager that whatever salary he has been on over the past 10 years its been a darn sight more than the average wage & probably more than most people on here earn. I dont expect Peterborough  to be paying big wages but even £3k a week is £150k pa. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair play to him for saying what he said. 
  • Can Adkins work his man management skills on Marcus or has that ship long sailed?

Read a few people saying this - he’s out of contract at the end of the season isn’t he? When would Nigel have a chance to do this as i really can’t see him getting another year.
  • Not sure that Adkins' brand of therapy/management would help Maddison much at the moment.
    Adkins seems to favour an approach that is about looking at what you can do to improve your situation, Maddison seems to be stuck in the mindset that he can't/won't do anything so why bother.

Theoretically it's possible but testimony on Adkins is that he doesn't have time for people who think they are bigger/better than the team, which probably means he's not got much interest in working with MM.
  • Sad top hear about his plight but the words come across as a 14 year old. Self or Seek help would be what I'd advise.
  • Schwartz is in an even worse domestic situation
    I'd choose SE London over Bolton any day of the week. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Can Adkins work his man management skills on Marcus or has that ship long sailed?
    That ships next to the Titanic..
    I think Maddison is more like one of those new Woolwich ferries which keep breaking down...
     Maddison has split up from his wife and child...Schwartz is just apart because of work.  There is a work of difference. 
    Maddison wasn't married. 
     Maddison has split up from his wife and child...Schwartz is just apart because of work.  There is a work of difference. 
    Bit easier for Maddison to see his child than for Schwartz though, plus how is it not for work? Maddison left the city of Peterborough, first for London and then for Bolton because of work, no different to what Schwartz has done. Whether it's because of work or not, doesn't make it any easier anyway. 
    The different country makes a huge difference in this though. Maddison has seen his ex and kid. Schwartz can’t until his family can come here to live with him. Not many people are permanently apart from family for work over a period of 3+ months. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    One might tell him to train like he wants to play, then to play like he wants to win. What he does outside of that is entirely his choice. 
    Absolutely, it's all about atitude.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    One might tell him to train like he wants to play, then to play like he wants to win. What he does outside of that is entirely his choice. 
    Absolutely, it's all about altitude.

The different country makes a huge difference in this though. Maddison has seen his ex and kid. Schwartz can’t until his family can come here to live with him. Not many people are permanently apart from family for work over a period of 3+ months. 
    How do you know access is granted plus what a final separation does to an individual ?
    Because Maddison keeps showing he has access on Insta

• Dazzler21 said:

Pet hate.

People tampering with posts.

I hope you don't get any Easter eggs, you naughty boy.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Pet ha

Pe  tampering posts.

I  you don't get Easter , you  boy.

• Dazzler21 said:

Pet ha

Pe  tampering posts.

I  you don't get Easter , you  boy.

May your next poo be a hedgehog Dicky.