Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Guess what? Maddison's contract with Darlington has been cancelled by mutual consent.
  • Options
    Rumours of shenanigan outside of football, someone talking about an arrest and an incident a few weeks ago…..

I think he needs to be closely watched before something drastic happens.  Seriously
  • Options
    Hope he can get some professional help.
  • Options
    It's sad how quickly that it's all gone wrong for him.

Less than 3 years ago he was in his 6th season as a good player in League One, and was moving to the Championship.

Now he's still only 29 and can't even stick around for a few non-league games.

Largely self-inflicted, of course, but it's still sad to see.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Northumberland and Durham are charming counties with plenty of countryside. I can see the attraction of that area.  London is over crowded now in that sense.
    He doesn't like people from the south either. Mind you, he didn't like Hull or Bolton enough to impress. But, there again, he doesn't like playing football. He has said as much.
    He also said he missed it, so obviously enjoyed it more than he thought. 

Also he doesn't mind the young women wherever he goes. 
    He's said that before too. Got a contract and then found he doesn't like it after all. Meantime he's still being paid. Given that he had to fund raise for his knee op, he's neither good at looking after his money and also has no other form of income.

The proof will be how many games he plays for Darlington.
    One start and four sub appearances for a club in the 7th tier. He was a lot better than that but hasn't been since he left Peterborough and that is all to do with what is between the ears. He needs to forget about football and do something else for a living and accept that football doesn't owe him one. 
  • Options
    Glad he's shown his appreciation to all those people that donated to his JustGiving page to get that op he so desperately wanted, so he could get back playing football. Looks like he managed to get his teeth done with the dough as well. 
  • Options
    Too late to save his career I fancy.😕
  • Options
    Yes. He’s unraveling. Needs help. 
  • Options
    I’ve always been a Curbs rather than a Redknapp.

Individuals can win you games but can also destroy squads. Getting the right character and blend into a squad is vital and this bloke always give the impression he’s a wrong un.  
    Pretty prescient, that - third post in the entire thread.

I was genuinely pleased when he signed given he'd done well in L1 for years at Peterborough.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not to late to save the rest of his life though.  He isn't 30 yet.
  • Options
    Bird my num works with got messaged by him on instagram sounds like he thinks he’s a bit of star 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Not to late to save the rest of his life though.  He isn't 30 yet.
    Oh no question of that but I doubt it will lead to his career being reinvigorated to any great degree.
  • Options
    Bird my num works with got messaged by him on instagram sounds like he thinks he’s a bit of star 
    He is ..... in his own mind.
  • Options
    Fucksake. Grim
  • Options
    Wow. 
    I’ve visited Yarm once though, it’s quite nice. 
  • Options
    Wow to think 4-5 years ago he was one of the most talented and exciting players outside of the championship. Now at only 29 he not only has thrown his football career away already but gone and shown what a horrible person he is. Can’t see it ending well for him as that money will only last so long. 
  • Options
    Absolute wrongun
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just sad to be honest. His life has gone off the rails and he seems to be in a downward spiral that isn't gonna be easy to get out of.
  • Options
    Jesus Christ, hideous 
  • Options
    Explains why he left Darlington so quickly.

Awful.
  • Options
    Just sad to be honest. His life has gone off the rails and he seems to be in a downward spiral that isn't gonna be easy to get out of.

I would not go along with sad, he has been in a position that hundreds of thousands of people would love to have been in.  He has not respected the gift he was given.
    If not millions, guy is a prick as proven by his actions here. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I would not go along with sad, he has been in a position that hundreds of thousands of people would love to have been in.  He has not respected the gift he was given.
    It’s hard for anyone to defend what the article suggests he’s done here. Really upsetting. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It’s hard for anyone to defend what the article suggests he’s done here. Really upsetting. 
    Pleaded guilty by the looks of the article.
  • Options
    edited July 2023