Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    He seriously needs help, punching a woman in the face, that’s pretty low, he can’t help himself.
    Why is it any different to punching a man? Equality not Fairness. 
    Do you think the punishment should be the same if a male hits a female or a male, in an unprovoked attack?
     Yes, If we're striving for equality. No, If we're striving for fairness. 
    That fence will give your bum splinters.

Maddison would have loved you as his brief.
     That's nice for him. I wouldn't take that client on. 

Equality says you treat the victims the same, whether Male or Female. 
    Fairness says you treat the victims based on proportionate size and ability to defend themselves. 

Maddison is a lanky shitstain of a human being and I believe this case to be one where he should get the full book thrown at him and maximum sentence. The victim was middle-aged and female, so not likely to be able to defend themselves against such an opponent and either way it is widely described as an unprovoked attack...

Dazzler rules max sentence with no option for early parole. 
    What does the UK law state at present, considering the VAWG act? 
    It will be interesting to see the sentence.  On the one hand the attack on a vulnerable elderly female and being pissed up makes it a high category offence.  While the short rather than sustained attack makes it low level, as do the guilty plea, lack of pre-meditation, lack of a weapon and lack of previous (a guess?). (I don't think cheesy chips count as a weapon.)  

Also to be factored in is the level of harm. Physically that was nothing permanent presumably.  Psychologically, well, we await the victim impact statement.

I think the range will be between a higher level community order and a one year sentence.  He won't go down for a long period in my view.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    He seriously needs help, punching a woman in the face, that’s pretty low, he can’t help himself.
    Why is it any different to punching a man? Equality not Fairness. 
    Do you think the punishment should be the same if a male hits a female or a male, in an unprovoked attack?
     Yes, If we're striving for equality. No, If we're striving for fairness. 
    That fence will give your bum splinters.

Maddison would have loved you as his brief.
    Do you honestly think he would have done that if it was a bloke & his son?
    I very much doubt it, my post was not in any way trying to defend Maddison.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Depending on the crime, I am all for rehabilitaton than being imprisoned.
    This I am saying from the wider angle in general.
  • Options
    Maddison has some serious issues- very self destructive.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Still think he could do a job for us.
    X
    X - X - Rufus - Stuart
    Maddison - X - X - Newton
    M.Bent - X

Got a five a side "arrested" team from that lot, if you include Stuart being sacked

Hadn't Innis been in prison before he signed for us?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    What the heck is Bowyer wearing!? Not sure who looks worse.
    Lightning McQueen jumper by the looks of it. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    X
    X - X - Rufus - Stuart
    M.Bent - X

Got a five a side "arrested" team from that lot, if you include Stuart being sacked

I can feel a 'Charlton Players in Prison' thread coming on.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    X
    X - X - Rufus - Stuart
    M.Bent - X

I can feel a 'Charlton Players in Prison' thread coming on.
    Who would be in goal, who’s been in gaol?
    Need to check Colin Cameron, but I think there was a goalie who got locked up after WW2 for smuggling currency. Gerry Keizer? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Maddison, Chandler, Bowyer, Best.
  • Options
    Jamie Stuart.
  • Options
    Been loads of players that should have done time for crimes against football.
  • Options
    Biggest wrongun we have ever had here for sure !!!
  • Options
    I can't imagine that someone who does that to a 60 Yr old lady, is going to have a very nice time in prison.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Didn't Len Glover go to prison?
    Yes - in 2004 - was a courier for a cannabis dealer - bit of a wide boy Len Glover 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Marcus Maddison has been jailed for 20 months after an attack on a 60-year-old woman described by a Recorder as “horrific.”

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/former-peterborough-united-footballer-jailed-following-horrific-attack-on-60-year-old-woman-4247426

Goes straight into our jailbird 11.

Can't say it is "news" that the bloke has issues, but what a complete scumbag.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    probably the best place for him. Give him a chance to dwell on what he’s thrown away and maybe train to do something useful with the remainder of his life.  
    Absolutely enormous waste of talent - his advisors/agent should be ashamed at not doing anything to help him because he literally had unbelievable amounts of talent and could be living an easy life.  
    Sadly don’t think this will end well 
    Sadly there are some people whose demons can never be exorcised. No amount of reasoning, help and support does any good. No idea why Maddison has gone so far off the rails but there will be a reason. Deserves all the punishment coming his way for a despicable attack and perhaps doesn’t deserve any sympathy but way down inside the man there is a reason for his behaviour. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    It feels like we've had more than your average number of "wronguns" play for us though no one quite as twatty as this bloke. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    probably the best place for him. Give him a chance to dwell on what he’s thrown away and maybe train to do something useful with the remainder of his life.  
    Absolutely enormous waste of talent - his advisors/agent should be ashamed at not doing anything to help him because he literally had unbelievable amounts of talent and could be living an easy life.  
    Sadly don’t think this will end well 
    Given how well our prison system succeeds at rehabilitation then I wouldn't hold out much hope. 
  • Options
    I knew Mark Aizlewood had been sent to Prison for Fraud but didn't realize he was an alcoholic since he was a teenager at Luton which resulted in so many problems in his life.
    After a slow start at Cafc he did well here and it was a disappointment when he left.

A really sad story as Mark's wife committed suicide after the fraud case and Aizlewood had stood on a bridge over a motorway and nearly did the same.

Excess drinking makes people make terrible decisions. 

No sympathy for Maddison, only the victim who was assaulted.
  • Options
    Maddison is a scumbag doing what he did.
  • Options
    Reading that article, 20 months is nowhere near long enough, fucking coward.