Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brighton | EFL Trophy | Wed 30 Sept | 7pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    The only brace Bonne will get ......
    (insert own dentist joke here)
  • Options
    Comfortable oh who gives a shit.
    SAY THE LINE!!!!!
    You know it'll happen now... 4-0 Charlton and happyvalley lost his chance to call it. 
  • Options
    I'd have liked to see Wiredo at right back; is it  true he and Lee have fallen out? 18 months ago we had great hopes for him.
  • Options
    A shame we don't have any new signings (since the weekend) to blood

As the embargo is over, at least we'll be able to blood U23s who haven't played for us like Mingi and Ness now, rather than Barker 
  • Options
    daveroan said:
    I'd have liked to see Wiredo at right back; is it  true he and Lee have fallen out? 18 months ago we had great hopes for him.

• Options
    No intention of paying a single penny to support a tournament that disrespects and insults L1 and L2 clubs by using them as training fodder for Premiership and Championship clubs' kids. Epitome of what's wrong with the English game these days. LB should put out the minimum team legally possible under the rules and play to keep the score down while exiting at the earliest opportunity. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Do you feel that Chuks will get a run out and maybe a place on the
    bench Saturday, hopefully he is back and ready to go, we certainly
    need him back and fit again after his terrible setback
    Would quite like us to have a go at Brighton. 

Stick out a proper attacking side, but I can't see it. 

Amos 
    Barker Oshilaja Famewo Purrington
     Morgan Watson Doughty
    Bonne Aneke Washington
    Out of interest, why do you want Doughty at CM? I see so many people put him there in their line ups and I have no idea why
  • Options
    Seabros said:
    No intention of paying a single penny to support a tournament that disrespects and insults L1 and L2 clubs by using them as training fodder for Premiership and Championship clubs' kids. Epitome of what's wrong with the English game these days. LB should put out the minimum team legally possible under the rules and play to keep the score down while exiting at the earliest opportunity. 

Maybe, but it's still a competitive match to give squad fringe players some game time, plus blood a few kids to see what they can do.

You know what Bowyer will say, " Billy Bloggs* did okay and we got some minutes in him".

PS: Billy Bloggs, new striker from Aylesbury United, signed when Ronnie Schwarz changed his mind. :unamused:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    U23 players missing from today's squad and therefore presumed to be involved on Wednesday night.

Josh Davison
    Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega
    James Vennings (on the bench yesterday)
    Albie Morgan (not playing after being left out of yesterday's squad)

on the U23s thread. 

Now the embargo is over w can debut u23s without fear of taking up a squad place.  As a result I I think they all may start  so Im going with

Maynard Brewer
    Barker Mingi Vega Famewo
    Lapslie Watson Vennings
    Morgan Davison  Aouachira

£10 well spent. I wonder if the Ifollow attendance will be higher than the gate will have been!

• Options
    Meh!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Amos 
     Morgan Watson Doughty
    Bonne Aneke Washington
    Aneke won’t start. That’s even if he is included in the squad.
    No way, will they  risk him  after 2 weeks of no training, half of pre-season missed and only returning to training yesterday.
    And that's before we consider his fitness record.

Surely tonight against Brighton U21 it's just for those in the squad who need playing time?

Everybody else, Bowyer will want to keep them fresh for Saturday's game v Sunderland.
    Shame is we get penalised for not using enough first teamers. 
    According to the EFL our youngsters are part of the first team
  • Options
    U23 players missing from today's squad and therefore presumed to be involved on Wednesday night.

Josh Davison
    Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega

on the U23s thread. 

Now the embargo is over w can debut u23s without fear of taking up a squad place.  As a result I I think they all may start  so Im going with

Maynard Brewer
    Barker Mingi Vega Famewo
    Lapslie Watson Vennings

£10 well spent. I wonder if the Ifollow attendance will be higher than the gate will have been!

Aouachira is not fit.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oit... You trying to steal my job? :D
    You snooze... ;)
    Haha, both myself and @Sage agreed before the season started that this competition was far to big for our amatuerish previews ;)
    A bit like this competition, the big stars are saved for the league games and the reserves given a few minutes.
  • Options
    I cannot garner enough fucks to give.

Will nice to see some of the pups get a run out.

0-3 to Brighton.
  • Options
    Really hoping for a strong performance in what is one of the most important cup competitions in the world.

8-0 to us.
  • Options
    Be nice if we give Doughty a rest, can put him on if needed as an impact player. Keep him nice and fresh for the weekend! 
    Chucks to get some time, forget the rules exactly 5/6 that started the last game? i would use as little as possible and focus on the weekend and fringe players. Although play Bonne for a bit to get him the goal he needs. 

Nice preview @Dazzler21 so much more professional than those other 2  ;)

Prediction: I was going to say we lose, but with the rules i suppose we can sneak a win 2-1, irrelevant game really
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Josh Davison
    Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega

on the U23s thread. 

Maynard Brewer
    Barker Mingi Vega Famewo
    Lapslie Watson Vennings

I can't see us getting away with that squad without taking a fine. 

Barker & Famewo = 2/4 outfielders required by the EFL. 

Minimum of four qualifying outfield players in their starting XI. A qualifying outfield player will be one who meets any of the following requirements:

1. Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture  
    2. Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club, who have made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions that season (No idea who this 10 would be)
    3. Any player with 40 or more first-team appearances in their career (How many of ours have played 40 first team games in their careers?)
    4. Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL Category One Academy club. (If we go Cat One, can we use our entire academy? Famewo and Levitt available?)

• A club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the competition (almost guarantees Brewer a game)

Ito fit the above i'd expect us to use:

Maynard-Brewer - Any GK
    Ben Watson - Over 40 First team appearances. (doesn't say for who)
    Macaulay Bonne - Started previous game
    Levitt - PL Loanee
    Famewo - Cat 1 Academy Loanee

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Amos 
     Morgan Watson Doughty
    Bonne Aneke Washington
    Aneke won’t start. That’s even if he is included in the squad.
    No way, will they  risk him  after 2 weeks of no training, half of pre-season missed and only returning to training yesterday.
    And that's before we consider his fitness record.

Surely tonight against Brighton U21 it's just for those in the squad who need playing time?

Everybody else, Bowyer will want to keep them fresh for Saturday's game v Sunderland.
    Shame is we get penalised for not using enough first teamers. 
    According to the EFL our youngsters are part of the first team
    Not anymore, now we're un-embargoed our youth now fit the same rules as all else... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Amos 
     Morgan Watson Doughty
    Bonne Aneke Washington
    Out of interest, why do you want Doughty at CM? I see so many people put him there in their line ups and I have no idea why
    That's him playing wide left in a 4-3-3 

It's hard to lay out on here, but expect more like this: 

Amos
    Barker | Oshilaja | Famewo | Purrington
    Morgan |     Watson     | Doughty
    Bonne | Aneke | Conor

So a tighter front three playing off eachother and Morgan to play in crosses from RM and Doughty to run at them from LM and whip crosses/cut in and shoot. As I said I can't see it, and it would be very aggressive against an U21 side.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Josh Davison
    Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega

on the U23s thread. 

Maynard Brewer
    Barker Mingi Vega Famewo
    Lapslie Watson Vennings

Minimum of four qualifying outfield players in their starting XI. A qualifying outfield player will be one who meets any of the following requirements:

2. Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club, who have made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions that season (No idea who this 10 would be)
    3. Any player with 40 or more first-team appearances in their career (How many of ours have played 40 first team games in their careers?)
    4. Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL Category One Academy club. (If we go Cat One, can we use our entire academy? Famewo and Levitt available?)

• A club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the competition (almost guarantees Brewer a game)

Maynard-Brewer - Any GK
    Levitt - PL Loanee

Pedants 😜

Maynard Brewer
    Barker Mingi Vega Famewo
    Lapslie Watson Vennings
    Morgan Davison  Bonne*

*Bonne subbed in the first minute for an U18s striker

Morgan must be pushing 40 appearances I'd imagine.  

• Options
    48 according to the ever reliable wiki
  • Options
    Lapslie has 53!
  • Options
    Morgan is on 50 it's almost like Wiki don't count this tourney... 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Josh Davison
    Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega

on the U23s thread. 

Maynard Brewer
    Barker Mingi Vega Famewo
    Lapslie Watson Vennings

Maynard-Brewer - Any GK
    Levitt - PL Loanee

Pedants 😜

Maynard Brewer
    Barker Mingi Vega Famewo
    Lapslie Watson Vennings
    Morgan Davison  Bonne*

Lapslie has also made over 40 appearances.

The fine for breaking the rules is tiny anyway
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Josh Davison
    Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega

on the U23s thread. 

Maynard Brewer
    Barker Mingi Vega Famewo
    Lapslie Watson Vennings

Maynard-Brewer - Any GK
    Levitt - PL Loanee

Pedants 😜

Maynard Brewer
    Barker Mingi Vega Famewo
    Lapslie Watson Vennings
    Morgan Davison  Bonne*

Hardly a nice gift for the new owner... Bam here's a fine for £60k 
  • Options
    Former European Player of the Year Allan Simonsen made his debut for Charlton straight after signing ..... in a reserve game at The Valley.

Just saying :wink: :

• Options
    Seabros said:

Brilliant post mate. 
    Exactly as I see it.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Josh Davison
    Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega

on the U23s thread. 

Maynard Brewer
    Barker Mingi Vega Famewo
    Lapslie Watson Vennings

Maynard-Brewer - Any GK
    Levitt - PL Loanee

Pedants 😜

Maynard Brewer
    Barker Mingi Vega Famewo
    Lapslie Watson Vennings
    Morgan Davison  Bonne*

Hardly a nice gift for the new owner... Bam here's a fine for £60k 
    It's £5k actually

Any EFL Club failing to meet the requirement to play Full Available Strength will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.