Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brighton | EFL Trophy | Wed 30 Sept | 7pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

A bit late to the game, busy day, I thought you might to know Brighton team, unless you have seen it. Dazzler21 doing a wonderful job with commentary
    Airman Brown on the bench, he'll do anything to smuggle himself into the ground to watch a match!
  • Options
    So @Dazzler21 as you are the only one watching what formation are we playing/ 
     I'm off to football now, but looks like...

Brewer
    Lapslie Barker Mingi Vega
    Watson
    Morgan FCaskey Vennings Williams
    Davison

Worth noting though that Watson is more often at RCB and Barker RB with Lapslie RM.

Too many CMs imo.

• Options
    I can understand why Foster-Caskey is a shadow of his former self after his long injury, but can anybody explain why Williams has become so ineffectual?
  • Options
    Every Bowyer squad seems to be 70% central midfielders
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Davison and Barker are the two impressing me tonight so far

Can see Watson's leadership qualities, also a good passer
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
     I'm off to football now, but looks like...

Brewer
    Lapslie Barker Mingi Vega
    Watson
    Morgan FCaskey Vennings Williams
    Davison

Worth noting though that Watson is more often at RCB and Barker RB with Lapslie RM.

Too many CMs imo.

Thanks. I'm sure you'll have more fun playing on a cold, wet night than watching this!
  • Options
    grrr deflection, 1-0 Brighton 
  • Options
    1-0 Brighton... Tame shot, horrible deflection 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 don't let me stop you, you are doing great with commentary and you are watching it, I am not
  • Options
    Gone down as a Lapslie OG
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Dazzler21 don't let me stop you, you are doing great with commentary and you are watching it, I am not
    He's off to play Football so we have no one else @ross1
  • Options
    0-1 massive deflection AMB wrong footed.
  • Options
    Brilliant news. Lose the game & end any hope of getting through. Pointless competition imo.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Would that be though just to cover Lapslie when he gets forward, on the overlap?

• Options
    26' Watson heads just wide from the resulting corner. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #cafc 0 #bhafc 0
  • Options
    30' Brighton score from a heavy deflection with their first foray into the final third. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #cafc 0 #bhafc 1
  • Options
    ross1 said:

A bit late to the game, busy day, I thought you might to know Brighton team, unless you have seen it. Dazzler21 doing a wonderful job with commentary
    Hold on!  I'm doing my John Motson best, and Dazzler's nicked off ... but he gets all the credit.

I suppose he was at least watching the game.
  • Options
    More importantly...

Dark chocolate is the best. Especially cold from the fridge.
  • Options
    Giving a few players a bit of game time is all that matters. 
    The result is immaterial 
  • Options
    That follwed a passage in which JFC picked up the ball near their penalty area and took it back over the half way line.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    30' It's been credited to Vukoje, but that could well go down as a Lapslie own goal. The low shot was charged down by Lapo, it spins off his foot and wrong-foots Maynard-Brewer. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #cafc 0 #bhafc 1
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Airman Brown on the bench, he'll do anything to smuggle himself into the ground to watch a match!
    You'd think Martin Offiah had better things to do...
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    EFL Trophy. 1-0 down. Soaking wet

Seen that face a bit too often in the last 15 games
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Airman Brown on their bench .....
  • Options
    Lost connection to bloody Valley Pass...

Last thing I saw was the goal.

Vega at LB on the halfway line 50p heads it into the centre circle where not one Charlton player is for some reason. Brighton get possession play in their man who scuffs his shot and Lapslie taps home past Brewer.

We should have managed better there.
  • Options
    Brilliant news. Lose the game & end any hope of getting through. Pointless competition imo.
    On the basis that more bodies are coming in, i wouldn’t mind going through to give the young ins and fringe players more game time. Saying that, I don’t care if we get knocked out either!
  • Options
    not impressed with Watson

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Would that be though just to cover Lapslie when he gets forward, on the overlap?

Lapslie isn't really coming back often. Otherwise he might be on a hat trick 🤣😉
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Lost connection to bloody Valley Pass...

Last thing I saw was the goal.

Vega at LB on the halfway line 50p heads it into the centre circle where not one Charlton player is for some reason. Brighton get possession play in their man who scuffs his shot and Lapslie taps home past Brewer.

We should have managed better there.
    That sort of commentary might suggest to Thomas that the Prem in 2 years could be a tad ambitious