Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

European Super League - clubs withdrawing p42 onwards.

Comments

• Options
    They’ve broken a Premier League rule, they need to come out now tell them to back-track in the idea or be  expelled to the Football League ASAP.

The Football League can determine what league they go into and stick them all in league 2.

I can’t see the top players wanting to play in “friendlies” week in week out. Tottenham v Arsenal no chance they can win it, no relegation - a complete waste of time.

Watch them come running back when faced with a season in League 2! 

These are businessmen treating us like customers not fans & we know all about that. 

Disgrace. 
    I agree with you, but they don't want fans, they want customers. 

A club like Charlton needs fans, and a benevolent owner, to survive.  Let alone compete.  If you take our game against Sunderland we pushed the bollocks out of the live stream, gave away prizes and put on a high quality TV programme.  We sold about 6,000 passes. At 10 quid a pop. So £60,000.  Even if that cost nothing it wouldn't have paid the wages for the players that were in the squad for a week.

If Real Madrid could monites their social media following for £1 each a month.  Their annual income would be nearly £3 billion quid.  From that.  Nothing else.

If Real Madrid V Man United was free on YouTube how much do you think you would get for a 30 second advert? 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    “Eventually there will be a soccer League of Nations with clubs flying off to South America in little more time than it would take Newcastle to travel to Plymouth by train. These days may not be realised in my time, but they are coming.” 

Jimmy Seed in 1957. 
    Which is completely unsustainable in a world suffering from a climate disaster and a global pandemic.

But he wasn’t to know that tbf.
  • Options
    Wonder what TS views are on this, and whether it affects his long terms goals with us?
  • Options
    Wonder what TS views are on this, and whether it affects his long terms goals with us?
    Especially when you consider the woman's version is being launched with the same clubs in it. 
  • Options
    I’m desperate to know what he thinks tbh.
  • Options

Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa to Sky Sports: 

"This doesn't surprise me. The most superior teams have managed their superiority through competition. When they no longer need them to win money they discard what they no longer need. This is a very common thing, not only in football. It shouldn't surprise us.

"The fundamental problem is the rich always aspire to be more rich without considering the consequences for the rest. As they gain more power they start demanding more privilege over the rest.

"The most powerful are powerful because of what they bring but the rest are dispensable. What makes competition great is the possibility for one of those weak teams to develop, not the big teams playing each other. But the logic of the world at the moment and in football is not outside this - that the powerful become more rich as a consequence of the weak becoming more poor. If this was is what guides the world at the moment why is there such astonishment. This shouldn't surprise us. It was something that was coming."

Top man is Marcelo Bielsa.

Absolutely nailed it and what I was saying earlier today on here. 
    This is a reflection of where we are. Powerful people being allowed to run amock unchallenged. 
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    European Super League could win everyone over if they say there will be no VAR
    Wouldn’t win me. VAR is not a problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am not sure why people are surprised by this move by the top tier clubs.  There are three factors which drove this. it used to be the the only way to make money is to be in the champions league or to expand merchandising to virgin markets or to incur losses but earn a profit on resale. 1) in the race to make the champions league clubs are overpaying players/transfer fees and can’t self regulate themselves.  The result is they are losing money now even if they make the champions league. 2) the growth of football in China and America has not met expectations so the overall tv/merchandise dollars while increasing have not kept pace with cost increases 3) the number of mega wealthy owners to purchase a club have dried up because it is money loser and there are only so many ego driven buyers in the world.  We are already seeing a bunch of grifters and 3rd tier middle eastern royal family hanger ons sniffing around premier league clubs.

this whole charade is just a ploy to get the relevant parties to the table to negotiate guaranteed champions league places and to negotiate a higher piece of the pie.

We all know how this going to play out.  Initial outrage and threats by both sides.  Then negotiation. Then an agreement for champions league part deux or new named league.  Fans will forget their outrage and it will become the new normal. 
  • Options
    They should all just fuck off and never come back.

It will actually be better without them. 

Just get rid.

The sport would be alive again.

• Options
    Now let’s head over to the States to see what the pundits reckon...
    This is a great response, so he thinks that this new "product" will be a great competetor for the MLS - Seriously, there are a good number of "products" already better than that

• Options
    Commentators talking about how this result could jeopardise Liverpool's hopes of qualifying in the UCL positions, I thought the whole point of this ESL is that they don't have to give a flying fuck where they finish anymore?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now let’s head over to the States to see what the pundits reckon...
    This is a great response, so he thinks that this new "product" will be a great competetor for the MLS - Seriously, there are a good number of "products" already better than that

This is the problem, money, there is a massive difference between a fan and a customer.

Money will dictate the customer needs this, where as football fans lose 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    MrWalker said:
    Yeah. It was a joke OK?
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Laddick01 said:
    MrWalker said:
    Yeah. It was a joke OK?
    We must have different definitions when it comes to the word joke I guess.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    The Premier League will drop their trousers and bend over to get the six clubs back on board because their profits could take a dip if they leave. A great pity as the six leaving could be a good thing. 
    It would undoubtedly be a good thing if it wouldn't put 20 plus other clubs out of business over night. 
  • Options
    Fair play Patrick Bamford and James Milner 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    Especially the former

100% 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻