Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: FA Cup Charlton v Plymouth | Saturday 7th November 2020

Comments

• Options
    Great block from Barker there
  • Options
    Levitt totally outpaced by Kamara and Barker clears into the Covered End for a Plymouth corner
  • Options
    16'

Post update

Corner, Plymouth Argyle. Conceded by Charlie Barker.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I really don't see what Levitt offers
    I was thinking the same of JFC today.
    You know what you're gonna get with JFC, Levitt doesn't do anything that I can see 
  • Options
    Edwards is picked out on the edge of the area, but his volley isn't as clean as he'd hoped, and it goes over. #pafc 0-0
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Chunes said:
    Can't watch this on VP because I'm an overseas user apparently. What a load of tosh.
    VPN is your friend.
    watching now from Washington DC
    I tried that. Didn't work. I guessed it was because my subscription is the overseas pass
  • Options
    Sounds like Barker is back to his preseason promise. He did play out of position for us in most 1st 11 games!
  • Options
    Corner comes to nothing and we're on attack again.
  • Options
    Levitt done again.
    Looks like a boy in a man's game (which he is). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure why Levitt is having to cover Purrington quite so much as he is
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Levitt not doing well so far. If we can afford the sub with one of Aneke, Williams and Maddison staying on the pitch for 90’ then I’d get him off at HT.
  • Options
    PWR
    This is live on BBC radio Devon on BBC sounds
  • Options
    COYR.
  • Options
    Pompey now 2 up. 
    If we win today yet lose in the second round I wonder if we can get the Ipswich game moved to the third round weekend
    Ipswich game already pencilled in for before xmas, but clubs have agreed to play it earlier if both are out this round.
    Yeah I wonder if they can agree to delay it slightly or whether because its penciled in for before Xmas whether thats the latest it can be played
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Levitt has been excellent in possession. He needs to work on his defending but he's making us tick
    Is he better than Watson, do you reckon?

• Options
    I'd not take Levitt off. If keep playing the ball through him. If he continues to be guff send him back.

Booked as I type.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure what the reasoning is for starting Aneke in the Cup but not in the League. If a chronic injury is the issue and the reason that he hasn't been able to string two starts together in the last 18 months then why play him at all in the Cup?
    That's exactly what I was thinking, it's bizarre, I thought he'd be sitting in an armchair wrapped in cotton wool.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Huddersfield 1-0 down to Luton. Sarr had the turning ability of the Titanic. 
  • Options
    Nowhere near even getting near there from Levitt...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:
    Levitt has been excellent in possession. He needs to work on his defending but he's making us tick
    Is he better than Watson, do you reckon?

As a passer of the ball, obviously. And he's got a Watsonesque booking too now! 
  • Options
    PWR
    This is live on BBC radio Devon on BBC sounds
    Got it on the red button 
  • Options
    The energy of Camara has been notable in the opening stages, and Levitt goes into the book for bringing him down in midfield. #pafc 0-0
  • Options
    "Agricultural challenge from Levitt" but more of a rake than a combine harvester though.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I was gonna say he's been good stopping crosses coming into the box, but has been poor in possession and looked anonymous. Funny old game
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I really don't see what Levitt offers
    Don’t rate him. He’s not industrious, he’s not attacking, he’s not defensively strong, he may be comfortable on the ball but we have many midfielders who are comfortable on the ball.

if it were up to me, I’d send him back in January and look at other positions that might need strengthening.
    I suppose we have to be careful with these loans from the big clubs as if we want any of their players in the future then we have to sing to their tune the first time round

It does feel like we signed him though when we weren't in a great place, have gotten a lot better so he's been swallowed up by some of the better talented that have come into the club 
  • Options
    Pompey now 2 up. 
    If we win today yet lose in the second round I wonder if we can get the Ipswich game moved to the third round weekend
    Ipswich game already pencilled in for before xmas, but clubs have agreed to play it earlier if both are out this round.
    We will probably cock it up and win now :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!