Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Chief resigns

Comments

• Options
    You're wrong
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Disagree.. this is again Pc gone mad! Jim White again sucking up arseholes 
    ‘PC gone mad’. 
    Hmm. Will anyone be blaming Soros by the end of this thread, as I’ve seen on Twitter?
  • Options
    I believe Eskimo is now unacceptable and the correct term is Inuit.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Except that the Inuits are only a small group of the people who live in the polar region, and that other tribes would find it annoying if you called them Inuits!
  • Options
    Can we just have a numbering system?

Oh, but then there would be arguments on your bloody number!
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Yep , Mrs pulled me up for using the term Eskimo a few weeks back .

I presume in cricketing parlance the “chinaman” has been banished as well, in fact it must be I haven’t heard it in recent times , think it was used in reference to left arm spinners of some sort 

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Try having an Uncle Packie.
    Used to cause many a raised eyebrow in the classroom when discussing my summer holidays when back at school.
    I got a board rubber chucked at me by one of the nuns who thought I was using a derogatory term (& that was in the late 70’s).

Oh & I have heard Indians in India calling Pakistanis Paki’s.
    And Australians calling anyone with a Mediterranean heritage ‘wop’.
    Neither thought there was an issue.
    Both found it hilarious I was totally appalled 😮 

And don’t get me started that all Irish sandwich shops advertise ‘sambo of the day’ 😳😳😳😳😳
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The father in law still says his off to the wog shop actually Pakistanis. He has no thought of him being racist saying that. 
    Think it’s a different world now from the 70s and 80s if you watch back at the sit comes only fools and horses steptoe raising damp in sickness and health on the buses there was no swearing on the tele allowed I remember my dad laughing his head of because someone like sid James or the old man In steptoe nearly swore. 
    But sure if you watch you’ll hear Del Boy saying I’m having a chinky or something else that is totally unacceptable racism  now. Yet you watch  eastenders now and there swearing in it and it’s acceptable. 
    How society now accept calling someone a fucking cunt as ok but not saying I’m having a Chinese takeaway chinky because that’s all it means to me nothing else. 
    From the following words 
    coloured 
    black 
    bollocks 
    to me bollocks is most offensive and talking about a black person I asked my wife when I got in from work what do you think is most offensive coloured person or black person and she said black would seem more offensive to her. 
    Think we’re from different world now honestly sorry if it upsets you paddy but I would never say it to a Chinese person and in the context of it it would be nothing racial but to me saying to the mrs do you fancy a Chinese takeaway and that’s all it means 

• Options
    But it’s not racist context your taking it wrong way and I haven’t actually said it to a Chinese person ever personally. And I’m not saying it to paddy and certainly not with any racist or offensive intentions and if I offend you paddy I apologise.  
    I live in Sheffield I get called a southern what ever all the time it’s acceptable but it’s racist. 
    Over the years of watching Charlton I’ve heard us sing 
    the vince Hilare song 
    the I’d rather  be a paki than a scouse song 
    the adams family song 
    the go down pub dirty northern bastard song
    We earn your dole money for u song 
    these are all offensive songs and all racist and some are still being sung 
    which I personally find more unacceptable than asking my wife if she wants a takeaway sorry I don’t agree with u or the foul language of  society today. 
    That Danny Dyer fella of eastenders and football factory I feel so embarrassed for him and his foul language he makes himself look and idiot but people copy him to be cool now. 
    Anyway I’ve tried to make my point how society has changed I won’t say any more on it but sorry Henry I don’t agree with you. 

• Options
    What don't you like about what you call "foul" language like c***, fuck, bollocks, etc?
  • Options
    Why have you not done the full text for cunt is that not acceptable and the other swear words are or is cunt a racist word.
    When I grew up down south we all swore in our house. But when I moved up my wife’s family did not swear in the house. I found there was no need to add fuck cunt and bastard to my sentences.
    which made me realise it’s a bit embarrassing adding swear words in every sentence for no reason and find it a bit silly now listening to people swearing away for no reason. 
    I referee I get foul and abusive language every weekend. The law of the game is it is a red card for foul and  abusive language. But because swearing in society now is so Much you would never finish a match for sending players off for swearing. So you have to consider what is really worthy off a red card for swearing. 
    So you have to take into account what sort of swearing it is to decide. 
    Is it just frustration can get away with not sending you player off. 
    Normally is it loud everyone around can hear it is it aimed at anyone personally or is it provocative buy trying to start something.then it’s a sending off. 
    So are all words that seem racist actually racist I say no it’s how they are used that makes them racial. 

• Options
    This is all reminding me of Derek and Clive 'The Critics'

THIS IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK AND CONTAINS A LOT OF SWEARING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuiVFwgAkWk
  • Options
    When did ‘southerners’ (or northerners for balance) become a race?
  • Options
    I’m not on about race I’m just pointing out how things have changed in 30 years that you couldn’t swear on the tele back then but sit coms back then had racial content that was acceptable and was found funny but would not be allowed today. Just go and watch one you will be disgusted probably. Even our beloved Del Boy and Rodney would be racist today I laughed when he called the the Indian doctor the turbinater. I admit it and all my family laughed Couldn’t do that now. Right or wrong that’s how it was in them days. 
    But I’d sooner watch Del Boy and Rodney than that pillock Danny dyer 
    But as what started this was the f a bloke saying coloured I agree with all his other comments he had to go but me and my wife both agreed I thought black people sounds more racist than coloured people to us. Is it age/generation thing I don’t know. But this guy must be in his 70s it’s lucky he didn’t say what farther in law says 
  • Options
    But it’s not racist context your taking it wrong way and I haven’t actually said it to a Chinese person ever personally. 

Why have you not said it to a Chinese person?
    @Showmetheway2gohome you seem to have missed this? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure Rodney was an avowed anti-racist leftist eco warrior. I also think there's far fewer epithets used in OFAH than people imagine, maybe 2 or 3 in 7 series. Also not sure why a OFAH is relevant.

There are so few terms you have to remember to use/not use. Fair enough if people are genuinely ignorant, but once it's been mentioned and explained, if you keep using those terms it just makes you a bit 'orrid. Come on, you know it makes sense.
  • Options
    Why have you not done the full text for cunt is that not acceptable and the other swear words are or is cunt a racist word.
    When I grew up down south we all swore in our house. But when I moved up my wife’s family did not swear in the house. I found there was no need to add fuck cunt and bastard to my sentences.
    which made me realise it’s a bit embarrassing adding swear words in every sentence for no reason and find it a bit silly now listening to people swearing away for no reason. 
    I referee I get foul and abusive language every weekend. The law of the game is it is a red card for foul and  abusive language. But because swearing in society now is so Much you would never finish a match for sending players off for swearing. So you have to consider what is really worthy off a red card for swearing. 
    So you have to take into account what sort of swearing it is to decide. 
    Is it just frustration can get away with not sending you player off. 
    Normally is it loud everyone around can hear it is it aimed at anyone personally or is it provocative buy trying to start something.then it’s a sending off. 
    So are all words that seem racist actually racist I say no it’s how they are used that makes them racial. 

100% right and total common sense 
  • Options
    The father in law still says his off to the wog shop actually Pakistanis. He has no thought of him being racist saying that. 
    Think it’s a different world now from the 70s and 80s if you watch back at the sit comes only fools and horses steptoe raising damp in sickness and health on the buses there was no swearing on the tele allowed I remember my dad laughing his head of because someone like sid James or the old man In steptoe nearly swore. 
    But sure if you watch you’ll hear Del Boy saying I’m having a chinky or something else that is totally unacceptable racism  now. Yet you watch  eastenders now and there swearing in it and it’s acceptable. 
    How society now accept calling someone a fucking cunt as ok but not saying I’m having a Chinese takeaway chinky because that’s all it means to me nothing else. 
    From the following words 
    coloured 
    black 
    bollocks 
    to me bollocks is most offensive and talking about a black person I asked my wife when I got in from work what do you think is most offensive coloured person or black person and she said black would seem more offensive to her. 
    Think we’re from different world now honestly sorry if it upsets you paddy but I would never say it to a Chinese person and in the context of it it would be nothing racial but to me saying to the mrs do you fancy a Chinese takeaway and that’s all it means 

Look mate, I quite explicitly said "do not use the word" - twice - and you go ahead and use it multiple times. Other than one other poster who used the word to point out that it's unacceptable these days, no one else has written it, since I asked.

That crapulous non-apology is incredibly insulting. As another poster posits, would you say that word to my - or any other Far East Asian person's - face?
  • Options
    Because it becomes personal so I wouldn’t say it to a Chinese person I explained it already did I not. My use  of chinky is for a take away meal not a person or personal to anyone. 
    But you being southerners apparently this can’t be racist although I’d say it discriminating see it as me saying hi darling want a fucking big mother fucker chinky for tea from the chinky smelly geyser on the corner tonight 
    now  to me this is racist as I’ve aimed the sentence at a Chinese person and I’ve been abusive. Why do I make the sentence so long adding words because I’m a southerner I have to have swear words in a sentence. 
    No all I say is
    hi darling fancy a chinky for tea tonight. 
    I’m not referring to any body I’m on about food do you not get me. 
    I’ll give you another example that come up at a referee meeting about racist/ abusive behaviour 
    We was discussing sending of for racial abuse and someone said what if someone calls someone a ginger bastard 
    this is personal aimed at someone and abusive but we was it classed as racist should we send them off. You would be surprised how often people call someone a ginger something on a football field. This was discussed for quite a while and in the end someone joked they need to add Scottish or Irish to make it a sending off 
    so what are your thoughts on this is this acceptable is it racist discriminatory what are you thoughts. 
  • Options
    Paddy it’s not personal I’m just trying to explain something back in the day people used including Del Boy older generation will not see anything wrong with this. 
    I’ve got nothing against Chinese people and buy the way some of your horse tips are great all the best fella I’m not saying anymore if people don’t get my point now that’s it. 

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    STOP USING THE FUCKING WORD FULL STOP.
    Glad to see freedom of speech is still allowed 🙄
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    PaddyP17 said:
    Indeed mate, the F-word is quite offensive too, as is : -

All tories are evil scum,
    I wish all tories were dead,
    All brexiters are scum.
    All brexiters are knuckle draggers etc, etc etc..zzzzz

But one rule for them and another rule for others.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Indeed mate, the F-word is quite offensive too, as is : -

All tories are evil scum,
    I wish all tories were dead,
    All brexiters are scum.
    All brexiters are knuckle draggers etc, etc etc..zzzzz

But one rule for them and another rule for others.
    Point me to where I have said anything resembling this. Go on. I dare you. Double dare you.