Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q and A With Mr Sandgaard.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks CAST, well done
  • Options
    jams said:
    Maybe I'm reading too much into things but I took from his answers that Schwartz is done for Jan 
    Yeah it was the joke where he questioned who Schwartz was that confirmed it for me
  • Options
    jams said:
    Maybe I'm reading too much into things but I took from his answers that Schwartz is done for Jan 
    Yeah it was the joke where he questioned who Schwartz was that confirmed it for me
    Exactly, appreciate he can't come out and say it but that's how I took it - can't see he'd be joking around like that if it wasn't 99% done 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    The CAST people need to cheer up!
    I have a great screen shot of that but won't share on here!

It was a good hour or so (I fell asleep the other hour - long work days recently!).  Thanks to the Trust for setting it up and thanks for the write ups on here so I can catch up on the bits I missed.
  • Options
    Shame I somehow missed this. I’ll hopefully catch the recording when available. 
  • Options
    Can the trust confirm if Craig Freeman was on the call? Did anybody hear any drilling?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I was there when Floyd and Harvey taught this cigarette a lesson...
    Promotion  160m Reasons Why You Need A Lucky Mascot  Roverstans Blog
    And when Chris Powell flew out of the tunnel with Harvey's head on.
    Bring back Floyd and Harvey  Charlton Life

Whilst I don't much like Cocaine Robin... I don't hate Sir Valiant. 
    New Mascots - Valiant  Robin - Page 4  Charlton Life

Anyway my note taking was awful during that as I was in a heated discussion with TalkTalk as they're wankers. That is all. 
    How do you know it was Chris Powell? Harvey might be ripped when he takes his top off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Looking to have a Fan Liaison Officer, not sure how that's going to pan out.
    Damn!
    Its a grand job.
    Always said I’d find it hard to actually do it at the club I support so perhaps it’s just as well I’m a goat farmer now 😜
    I’d love to to see Tracy do it alongside her Players Liaison job if it were possible 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It puzzles me why people are so obsessed with bringing Floyd and Harvey back, when they were just generic mascots anyway with no connection to us.
    Now now... Floyd Road and Harvey Gardens, but a dog and a cat is better than a slab of tarmac and a bloke wearing some astroturf with a flower pot on his head.
    The animals have no connection to us. You could have a fridge and a kangaroo named Floyd and Harvey and it would have just as much relevance

The current mascots aren't great but at least they do have some connection to our history, and previous nicknames
    Ultimately, nothing has any connection with us other than time and what goes on in our heads.

Take the knight. There are no knights in the Charlton story, except for Bertram Knight who played three games back in 1922 (and yes, I had to look that up). I'm guessing that the connection in most peoples' heads is that the knight carries a sword and there's a sword on the Charlton badge. That sword may have been with us for fifty years, but it wasn't really ours. We culturally appropriated it from the City of London. They didn't really own it either, they copied it from the church. The church didn't have to copy it though, because their whole stock in trade is just making things up; if they want to invent a sword they'll just invent one and a saint to carry it. Anyway, the knight is called Sir Valiant. So perhaps that's the connection. But that's the nickname that is never heard anymore because that has been roundly rejected by most Charlton fans. 

Then take the robin, or as it is known for some reason, Robyn. Why are were Charlton The Robins? Because they come out to the song The Red Red Robin? Possibly. Because they wear red shirts? More likely, but why do they play in red shirts? There's no known historical reason and certainly nothing of any great meaning. Maybe it was someone's favourite colour. Maybe when they went to the haberdashers it was the only colour they could get in sufficient quantities. We'll probably never know the exact answer but ultimately the only reason red is the Charlton colour is because we think it is.

Based against this, rejecting Floyd and Harvey because they have no connection to our history seems very harsh. I'm beaconing to thing Henry's fishmonger mascot is the only true way to go.
  • Options
    It puzzles me why people are so obsessed with bringing Floyd and Harvey back, when they were just generic mascots anyway with no connection to us.
    I've wondered this myself in the past only to be told that Floyd is for Floyd Road & Harvey for Harvey Gardens. Well there we are as clear as mud as to why we had a dog & a cat as mascots. I heard Pinocchio wanted a change & was heard shouting " this cloob isn't big enough for two old dogs". 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Mascot should be a fishmonger end of.

But surely the mascots weren't the biggest take from tonight?

Await a full write up
    The event was recorded and should be out soon on the Club website so all fans can catch up.
    Think of everything these CAST people.🙂
    Hopefully we don't have to have  VP season pass !!! 

• Options
    seth plum said:
    The animals have no connection!?
    Sacrilege!
    Floyd (or Harvey) was a cat.
    We used to have a club cat called 'Lucky'.
    And Cats and Robins go together!
    Until the cat eats the Robin obvs.
    Lucky won't be eating any robins, he was stuffed & now sits in the boardroom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    2020 has been an extremely weird year on a global basis when you look at what has happened in terms of COVID, global economies, political shifts etc. In our little CAFC world it has had the added grief of looking on whilst crooks seemed odds on to bury our club. Then this man pops up out of nowhere on twitter one night saying he wants to buy the club but is being blocked by a solicitor in manchester. He doesnt give up, he chases them down and against the odds pulls the club from under their feet via a legal loophole. Within a few short months we have gone from wondering if we would be club anymore to one who's fans are moaning because we are in 6th place in the league and we should be pissing it.

Just how the f##k has this happened ? The man is heaven sent and we all owe him so much whatever happens. I honestly cant wait until we can fill the valley and here the roar of thanks this man deserves
    I see the "fans moaning because we are 6th and in reality we should be pissing it" has taken over from the "Curbs had taken us as far as he can" as misquote of the decade.

Ah well, if it makes you happy I suppose....
  • Options
    Tell that to Sarah who wore Harvey, she didn't even know she'd been replaced when it happened. She was devastated, she will be over the moon of it happens 😂
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates. Did he answer anything about our injury record?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    New physio coming in to be announced soon , new equipment going in , something about some machinery to help test the strength of hamstrings 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Chunes said:
    New physio coming in to be announced soon , new equipment going in , something about some machinery to help test the strength of hamstrings 
    Thanks. Sounds like a diplomatic answer
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Chunes said:
    I think he said new physio to be announced today and is someone who knows the club well! But I may have misheard.