Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Here's an idea. 
    What if a 6th day was reserved in all test matches in case a day has been lost to the weather. 
    Sounds good to me. 
    And if they don’t need it they play a one day beer match. 
  • Options
    Here's an idea. 
    What if a 6th day was reserved in all test matches in case a day has been lost to the weather. 
    Sounds good to me. 
    And if they don’t need it they play a one day beer match. 
    What's not to like 
  • Options
    Butler giving it some humpty against Sri Lanka. Can only see one result here
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Leuth said:
    Lady in the crowd yelling DROP IT as the ball fell towards Nicholls and he celebrated by pointing at her :D
    Did she look Indian?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Butler giving it some humpty against Sri Lanka. Can only see one result here
    looks like opening with him in t20s is the way to go.
  • Options
    Wakey Wakey everyone 
    Good start here from England 
  • Options
    Mark Wood has the world's best smile 
  • Options
    I get that Sri Lanka are a young side and are being outclassed. It would be good though if they tried putting England in because at least we might see one side producing a total. And who knows? They might actually bowl us out cheaply first up.

As it is, the Ref stopped the fight some 10 overs ago!
  • Options
    Made for Malan. I predict 46 not out off 44 balls
  • Options
    Made for Malan. I predict 46 not out off 44 balls
    Or not!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm watching on BBC2 for curiosity.
    Anyone remember The Hair Bear Bunch? 
  • Options
    England struggling a bit

2 slightly tricky pitches to play on this series
  • Options
    Raining in Wales, who'd have thought it?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    The sun is shining, Morgan wins the toss and says that "it is beautiful batting conditions" so elects to bowl!!!

Sri Lanka were thrashed in the T20s, have sent three senior players home for breaking Covid regs so why not put runs on the board? Unless you're worried about your batting line up of course with no Malan, Buttler, Roy and Stokes.
  • Options
    24-2

One each to Willey and Woakes
  • Options
    46-3

Another to Woakes
  • Options
    And their skipper is batting as if it's a T20 with 32 off 16. Twice almost caught at 3rd man -there's still 40 overs to bat
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I'm just pleased this kit doesn't resemble the Palace kit
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    145-4 off 28.4

Woakes with the rather impressive figures of 6.4-4-9-3

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    149-5

Woakes now 7.3-4-11-4
  • Options
    152-6

Moeen joins the party
  • Options
    Swiftly followed by another bit of lunacy from the SL skipper. Still 18 overs to go!
  • Options
    Can't bring myself to watch this. Feels incredibly low-stakes. Finding myself enjoying both Tests and domestic superleague T20s so much more than international short-form
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Leuth said:
    Can't bring myself to watch this. Feels incredibly low-stakes. Finding myself enjoying both Tests and domestic superleague T20s so much more than international short-form
    Get that but, for me, the issue is that this isn't just a mismatch but both SL and England have, on most occasions, chosen for England to bat second. The people who have turned up surely deserve better than watching us chase 170 in 50 overs.

• Options
    Yeah, this is just going-through-motions pointlessness. The gap between top and lower nations is lamentably widening - not this England team's fault of course, but SL has noticeably fallen away
  • Options
    185 all out

Woakes 10-5-18-4
  • Options
    I can see England trying to smash these off in quick time so they can watch the football.
  • Options
    I can see England trying to smash these off in quick time so they can watch the football.
    If that's the case it's made a game of it!
  • Options
    The sun is shining, Morgan wins the toss and says that "it is beautiful batting conditions" so elects to bowl!!!

Sri Lanka were thrashed in the T20s, have sent three senior players home for breaking Covid regs so why not put runs on the board? Unless you're worried about your batting line up of course with no Malan, Buttler, Roy and Stokes.
    Perhaps that's the truth as should have been 80-5 off 12 overs - which is slightly ridiculous chasing 186 off 50 overs