Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    For what it's worth, my XI would be:

Haseeb Hameed (Nottinghamshire)
    Rory Burns (Surrey)
    Ollie Pope (Surrey)
    Joe Root (Yorkshire) Captain
    Dan Lawrence (Essex)
    Ben Stokes (Durham)
    Jos Buttler (Lancashire)
    Ollie Robinson (Sussex)
    Jack Leach (Somerset)
    Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
    James Anderson (Lancashire)

I can't pick a hole in that, but it's interesting to consider which other countries would leave out  Wood and Archer. 
  • Options

Rory Burns (Surrey)
    Ollie Pope (Surrey)
    Dan Lawrence (Essex)
    Ben Stokes (Durham)
    Jos Buttler (Lancashire)
    Ollie Robinson (Sussex)
    Jack Leach (Somerset)

I would have thought that Livingstone was worth a place, there are some out of form batsmen in the selection .. and good to see Ollie Robinson is back
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Rory Burns (Surrey)
    Ollie Pope (Surrey)
    Dan Lawrence (Essex)
    Ben Stokes (Durham)
    Jos Buttler (Lancashire)
    Ollie Robinson (Sussex)
    Jack Leach (Somerset)

I can't pick a hole in that, but it's interesting to consider which other countries would leave out  Wood and Archer. 
    Archer's not in the squad. Broad is in because it's his home ground, Anderson is in because he's a fresh Anderson and proved against Kent that he is on the money and Robinson because he has performed exceptionally well and he fills the number 8 batting slot - which is why I've left Wood out. For the 2nd Test at Lords at least one of Anderson and Broad would be rested for Wood to come in.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Rory Burns (Surrey)
    Ollie Pope (Surrey)
    Dan Lawrence (Essex)
    Ben Stokes (Durham)
    Jos Buttler (Lancashire)
    Ollie Robinson (Sussex)
    Jack Leach (Somerset)

Archer's not in the squad. Broad is in because it's his home ground, Anderson is in because he's a fresh Anderson and proved against Kent that he is on the money and Robinson because he has performed exceptionally well and he fills the number 8 batting slot - which is why I've left Wood out. For the 2nd Test at Lords at least one of Anderson and Broad would be rested for Wood to come in.
    I should have read it more closely! 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Rory Burns (Surrey)
    Ollie Pope (Surrey)
    Dan Lawrence (Essex)
    Ben Stokes (Durham)
    Jos Buttler (Lancashire)
    Ollie Robinson (Sussex)
    Jack Leach (Somerset)

I should have read it more closely! 

Story of your life, young man.
  • Options
    Hameed scored 112 off 246 balls out of a County Select XI's 220 against India today, If that and his form this season isn't enough to get him an opening berth at his home ground I don't know what is!
  • Options
    Hameed scored 112 off 246 balls out of a County Select XI's 220 against India today, If that and his form this season isn't enough to get him an opening berth at his home ground I don't know what is!
    112 out of 220-9, with nobody else getting more than 33! That's how you make a statement

I assume the county 11 was one man short, as Washington Sundar played for them  :smile:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO51409
  • Options

Rory Burns (Surrey)
    Ollie Pope (Surrey)
    Dan Lawrence (Essex)
    Ben Stokes (Durham)
    Jos Buttler (Lancashire)
    Ollie Robinson (Sussex)
    Jack Leach (Somerset)

I would have thought that Livingstone was worth a place, there are some out of form batsmen in the selection .. and good to see Ollie Robinson is back
    Sorry but I can't pick him, any more than I could have picked Archer, because he isn't in the squad!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    17 man squad announced for 1st Test against India:

Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire)
    Dom Bess (Yorkshire)
    Rory Burns (Surrey)
    Jos Buttler (Lancashire)
    Zak Crawley (Kent)
    Sam Curran (Surrey)
    Dan Lawrence (Essex)
    Jack Leach (Somerset)
    Ollie Pope (Surrey)
    Ollie Robinson (Sussex)
    Dom Sibley (Warwickshire)
    Ben Stokes (Durham)
    Mark Wood (Durham)

It's groundhog day, again.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Sorry chaps, I'm back again and in need of your cricketing knowledge. 

I bought another cricket bundle recently and it had this bat in it. I'll be honest I didn't have much of a clue about it so listed it for 9.99 start bid yesterday and somebody instantly offered me £25, I checked his profile and he sells cricket equipment so he is obviously going to resell for more. 

It made me look into it a bit more, and I think I have a Slazenger V200 G2 or G3 bat? That I can't be sure. Also the SH on the handle I believe stands for Short Hand?

Pics below, if somebody could confirm what bat it is and how much I should expect for it, id be very grateful:

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I bought another cricket bundle recently and it had this bat in it. I'll be honest I didn't have much of a clue about it so listed it for 9.99 start bid yesterday and somebody instantly offered me £25, I checked his profile and he sells cricket equipment so he is obviously going to resell for more. 

It made me look into it a bit more, and I think I have a Slazenger V200 G2 or G3 bat? That I can't be sure. Also the SH on the handle I believe stands for Short Hand?

Pics below, if somebody could confirm what bat is and how much I should expect for it, id be very grateful:

I’ll offer £26

sorry, fishing for lol’s and can’t help
  • Options

Pics below, if somebody could confirm what bat is and how much I should expect for it, id be very grateful:

I’ll offer £26

I liked your honesty so I obliged.
  • Options

I’ll offer £26

I liked your honesty so I obliged.
    SH - Short Handle.  (It also confirms it's a full-size, adult bat).  

If I were you, given everything you have written, I would expect to achieve somewhere in the region of exactly twenty five quid for it.  
  • Options
    Looks like this one retailing at £280. https://www.sportsdirect.com/slazenger-v200-1-cricket-bat-852572
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    McBobbin said:
    thank you @McBobbin

I've just realised one of my pics didnt upload for some reason. The pic below, it shows it is Kashmir Willow whereas the one you've attached is English Willow?

I'm sure theres a difference, do you think this now eliminates this particular bat? I'd be over the moon if it was that bat... considering I only paid £15 for the bundle.

• Options
    I think yours is a better bat than that one.  
  • Options
    Love a Slazenger, I'm basically Jos Buttler with it. 

By that I mean I can't bat but I once hit two sixes with one, out for 31 off 9 balls. One of only two times I've been in double figures. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone… I’m trying a few cricket Facebook groups to try and get a concrete answer. 

I did see this on the side of the bat too, but when I search v200 xk1 only the black ones come up so I don’t know if this one is different. 

• Options
    Looks like its been trodden on a couple of times
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021

Pics below, if somebody could confirm what bat it is and how much I should expect for it, id be very grateful:

Cricket bats are a very personal thing - almost like a Harry Potter esque wand - until you pick it up and feel what it’s like to life etc it’s difficult to see if it’s a decent bat for oneself, and a good bat for you, might not be for others! 

£25 is bargain basement price, only bats that are worth that are almost literal garbage bats that are made from wood pulp rather than proper bits of wood are that cheap. It looks second hand, so I think you should hold out for £75 or more. Not unheard of to drop £200 on a good bat - just to give you the very top of the range
  • Options
    And followed that innings up with 103 off 92 balls against Warwickshire. That's 4 tons and 797 runs in his last 15 innings at an average of 61.31
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    And followed that innings up with 103 off 92 balls against Warwickshire. That's 4 tons and 797 runs in his last 15 innings at an average of 61.31
    would love to see him and matt parkinson play in the first test. Both on top form at the moment. Although not sure england would be happy playing with such a long tail as broad, parkinson and anderson. 

edit: just seen parkinson isnt in the squad, d'oh!
  • Options
    would love to see him and matt parkinson play in the first test. Both on top form at the moment. Although not sure england would be happy playing with such a long tail as broad, parkinson and anderson. 

edit: just seen parkinson isnt in the squad, d'oh!
    I'd be wanting to blooding Parkinson in the test side as I would want to be taking him to Aus as an option for the ashes so he needs to have played some test cricket before then.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Blooding a legspinner against India in a non-dead rubber is probably the worst idea in the history of bad selection ideas, unless you're willing to accept that this might happen

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/india-tour-of-australia-1991-92-62295/australia-vs-india-3rd-test-63565/full-scorecard

Parkinson at The Oval might be the plan, although if it's a deciding Test...
  • Options
    (and 45 fairly economical overs + a top-order wicket is far from a worst-case scenario)
  • Options
    I guess India's batsmen aren't quite the legspin-devouring monster force they used to be, mind
  • Options
    I guess my point is that he should probably, on form, have been given a go before now.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Leuth said:
    Blooding a legspinner against India in a non-dead rubber is probably the worst idea in the history of bad selection ideas, unless you're willing to accept that this might happen

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/india-tour-of-australia-1991-92-62295/australia-vs-india-3rd-test-63565/full-scorecard

Parkinson at The Oval might be the plan, although if it's a deciding Test...
    Worse than desperately throwing one into an away ashes series when all our other spinning options have been ruined?
  • Options
    I mean, Mason Crane and Scott Borthwick both benefited hugely from that experience ;)