Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Ridiculous innings from Livingstone, could have just cemented his place in the WT20 squad. 
  • Options
    During the first fee games teams are only facing 50 balls which will allow 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Ridiculous innings from Livingstone, could have just cemented his place in the WT20 squad. 
    He’s been seriously impressive since he’s come in. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would rather have Livingstone than Malan (always starts slowly and has got out early in the process as evidenced by 7 single digit scores in his last 9 innings) especially as he gives us that bowling option. England have discarded Root as an option, which is disappointing, but one can't get away from the fact that a top 7 of (and not necessarily the order) of Bairstow, Roy, Livingstone, Buttler, Morgan, Stokes and Moeen Ali is quite frightening. Add Jordan, Archer, Rashid and Wood to that lot and it will be a team to rival
  • Options
    So what happened last night to Morgan's "tried and tested" method of putting the opposition in? 
    you can't be right all the time 

MarcusH26 said:
    he's been top class for quite a long time .. let's hope he keeps his place and is not overlooked for a 'tried and tested' long server .. is Moeen worth a spot nowadays, or just gets in for old times sake ?
  • Options
    Unless he is gonna bowl then I wouldn’t pick Ali 

got enough players who can give it a biff. 

• Options
    Even with Moeens bowling , I'd take Livingstone. Can also offer a bit of part time leg spin. 
  • Options
    I have always been a big Moeen fan, but sadly he is not good  enough now.
  • Options
    Why full capacity at the T20 at Headingly today where cases are high yet reduced capacity at Lords on Friday?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would rather have Livingstone than Malan (always starts slowly and has got out early in the process as evidenced by 7 single digit scores in his last 9 innings) especially as he gives us that bowling option. England have discarded Root as an option, which is disappointing, but one can't get away from the fact that a top 7 of (and not necessarily the order) of Bairstow, Roy, Livingstone, Buttler, Morgan, Stokes and Moeen Ali is quite frightening. Add Jordan, Archer, Rashid and Wood to that lot and it will be a team to rival
    Malan's last 11 scores in T20s for Yorkshire and England:

68*

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    When Moeen Ali is on form he is a delight to watch
  • Options
    Tom Curran doing everything he possibly can to avoid selection in the world cup, by causing more trouble to Liam Livingstone than any Pakistan player. 
  • Options
    Curran may have just lost us the game there.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Tom Curran doing everything he possibly can to avoid selection in the world cup, by causing more trouble to Liam Livingstone than any Pakistan player. 
    Was a shocker especially as Livingstone was seeing it like a beach ball at the time. Clearing the stand today was an absolute monster hit! 
  • Options
    Mahmood and Parkinson, in all forms of T20, have a best score of 7* between them. Until now hopefully!
  • Options
    Why full capacity at the T20 at Headingly today where cases are high yet reduced capacity at Lords on Friday?
    I suspect it is being treated as a test event. Lords had one for the ODI so spreading them  around
  • Options
    Really enjoyable game:

So impressed with Parkinson and Rachid's bowling.

Moeen Ali looks better, when coming on under less pressure. 

• Options
    As  I said, Parkinson is bowling well 
  • Options
    11 overs of spin so far in a 20/20.

Record breaking by England; Great info Andy.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    It does surprise me that with the amount of quality we have Tom Curran continues to get by with such mediocre performances. 

Plays for Surrey.
  • Options
    Works a treat every time 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    It does surprise me that with the amount of quality we have Tom Curran continues to get by with such mediocre performances. 

Plays for Surrey.
    I'm not sure about playing for Surrey per se but it definitely does help to be at one of the high profile counties especially when the head coach of that county is a former England captain. As I've intimated previously and from what I've witnessed at county level, coaches stick with the ones they like and believe in and that in itself gives limited opportunities to those that perhaps deserve a chance to show what they can do.

One only has to look, in very recent times, at the performances of players who are not even in the second line but, potentially, the third rank for England and Kent respectively to appreciate that there are a lot of talented players out there that never get their "day in the sun". 
  • Options
    It's no different to football.
    If you play for Surrey, Middlesex, Nottingham, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Warwickshire etc,
    you'll get a better chance than if you play for Glamorgan, Somerset, Gloucester, Durham etc.
  • Options
    So, who drops out of the batting line up when Stokes and Morgan are available too? 

Roy and Bairstow? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    So, who drops out of the batting line up when Stokes and Morgan are available too? 

Roy and Bairstow? 
    It's a tricky one. 
    Nice for the selectors to have a problem 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Works a treat every time 

I was really pleased for Mo today, Buttler gave him more for a chance with the ball and he done well.
  • Options
    Interesting to see Jofra Archer back in the Sussex side tonight at Canterbury. Didn't expect him back this soon and will give some selection dillemas. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Roy and Bairstow? 
    It's a tricky one. 
    Nice for the selectors to have a problem 
    Malan and Tom Curran go. Malan because he is such a slow starter and chews up balls early - in 8 of his last 10 innings he has scored the combined total of 21 runs off 49 balls. None of the other batsmen in the frame need that sort of platform. Livingstone bowls too and offers us a 3rd spin option.

If the T20 WC was right now and everyone was fit then this would be my team (batting order to be decided upon):

Buttler
    Roy
    Livingston (b)
    Bairstow
    Morgan
    Stokes (b)
    Moeen (b)
    Jordan (b)
    Rashid (b)
    Archer (b)
    Wood (b)