Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    I really hope Pakistan put up a better showing tomorrow. Or that England bat first, so at least there's some excitement for the full house at Lord's
  • Options
    I really hope Pakistan put up a better showing tomorrow. Or that England bat first, so at least there's some excitement for the full house at Lord's
    Are you going by any chance?
  • Options
    It's all about the "tried and tested".

But then when one sees all those emails, tweets, adverts etc etc about The Hundred perhaps the intention of the ECB is to make the rest of cricket so boring that it has the effect of elevating their baby's standing! 
  • Options
    Possible light rain in the morning.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2638768
  • Options
    Still some tickets left for tomorrow
  • Options
    Are you going by any chance?
    Yes. It'll be great to be in a full house at Lord's, but I would like to see a bit of an event, not Pakistan bowled out cheaply and England under no pressure knocking the runs off easily. Otherwise it'll be the equivalent of attending the second leg of a EFL Cup tie, where one team has a 4-0 lead from the first leg...
  • Options
    Suzi or someone said both sets of toilets at the Nursery end have gone.
    So not sure where you would "go" down that end now.
  • Options
    They look like they’ve all been built in to the stand I think … wasn’t in my section so couldn’t see properly 
  • Options
    Suzi or someone said both sets of toilets at the Nursery end have gone.
    So not sure where you would "go" down that end now.

Lets hope somebody gets the runs
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    They look like they’ve all been built in to the stand I think … wasn’t in my section so couldn’t see properly 
    Yes you said that, but I was wondering/doubting whether you could enter said stand just to go to the loo?
    I can't see that they would let you.
    So if you were sitting in the Grandstand, but having a lunch time pint on the nursery end green (as you do), would you then have to go back to the Grandstand for a pee?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s got to be loosened for this we were restricted to certain areas for the NZ test 
    but this one vaccines and lateral flow tests done might mean access all areas 

• Options
    Yes you said that, but I was wondering/doubting whether you could enter said stand just to go to the loo?
    I can't see that they would let you.
    So if you were sitting in the Grandstand, but having a lunch time pint on the nursery end green (as you do), would you then have to go back to the Grandstand for a pee?
    The toilets doors will be on the outside of the stands surely, just like the ones for the Mound stand and Grandstand

Don't forget this is a complete (and really expensive) rebuild, that end of the ground is unrecognisable, other than the media centre
  • Options
    It’s got to be loosened for this we were restricted to certain areas for the NZ test 
    but this one vaccines and lateral flow tests done might mean access all areas 

The impression I get from the information sent out, is that other than wearing a mask when away from your seat, as a government  Test event there are no other restrictions. 
  • Options
    Cracking catch in the women’s match

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/57785924
  • Options
    Half hour delay due to light rain earlier on
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    This is my view from the  back of the new Edrich. A restricted view seat 
  • Options
    28-2

Never fear Vince is here :smile:
  • Options
    105-2 Fifties for Salt and Vince. 
  • Options
    Salt looks a very interesting prospect , admittedly he'll have days where it doesn't come off for him , but he's definitely one for the future. 
  • Options
    105-2 Fifties for Salt and Vince. 
    Gone pretty much downhill since your post, bb.

161- 7 now after 28 overs.

At least their weather's better than it is here...been peeing down all day so far. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We seemed to have skipped summer and gone straight to October, it's gloomy out there.

Some poor shots today, now having to play carefully to last the overs
  • Options
    Good to see John Simpson getting a start. A proper keeper and decent batsman .. at 32 though, his England future is probably non existent, pity that
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57788266

Ollie Pope out with a thigh injury, I've never known a batsman to have so many injury problems at such a young age
  • Options
    Appalling weather yesterday in my area, with torrential rain. Lord's cricket ground was completely flooded!

• Options
    Our team should have a Covid outbreak more often imo
  • Options
    A shame it took until the 3rd match before we got a decent contest
  • Options
    Good game...pleased for Vince and Gregory 
  • Options
    So what happened last night to Morgan's "tried and tested" method of putting the opposition in?