Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Hearing Crawley has been called up from ITK sources. Posting it on the rumours thread
    Dazzler oh Dazzler mark that one down to me please!
  • Options
    Hearing Crawley has been called up from ITK sources. Posting it on the rumours thread
    If so, it shows their belief in him as he isn't in form
    He's actually done well in T20 for Kent. It's red ball that is the issue. 
  • Options
    Annoying that I'll now be watching a second string side on Saturday at Lord's, I imagine the ECB are relieved that Stokes is available as it at least gives them one "big name" in the side
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I am glad that Jacks and Salt are in there, both top county performers who deserve a go. I just hope we bat them in the right places because it seems weve gone down the route of 6 batsmen who bat in the top 3 and only Lawrence and Stokes who bat in the middle order. Would have liked to have seen Pope in there as much as it would weaken Surrey but he is missing the current CC match with a strain so I imagine that will be the reason.

Disappointed no Hales - seems the door really is closed for him. 
  • Options
    Also annoying that Foakes is injured as his ODI record is decent. On the keeper front with Buttler, Bairstow, Billings and Foakes unavailable it does leave us short. I would use Salt but think they will go with Simpson.
  • Options
    I am glad that Jacks and Salt are in there, both top county performers who deserve a go. I just hope we bat them in the right places because it seems weve gone down the route of 6 batsmen who bat in the top 3 and only Lawrence and Stokes who bat in the middle order.

Morgan has been asked a number of times by the likes of Nasser and Atherton about Hales. Each and every time he has swerved the question and looked very sheepish in answering it. He is not prepared to have anyone in the squad who might rock the boat. It's his way or no way and it is that confidence and self belief that contributed to us winning the WC, Sometimes though, a strength can be overdone. 
  • Options
    Jacks
    Salt (W)
    Malan
    Vince
    Lawrence
    Stokes
    Gregory
    Overton
    Ball
    Helm
    Parkinson 

Is what I would do though I suspect Salt wont play and Crawley/Duckett Will. That would mean Simpson has to come in and keep.

Plenty of bowling options with 4 quicks plus Stokes, Parkinson as the leggie, Jacks as the offie and plenty of part time options in Malan, Lawrence and Vince.

• Options
    Not funny that the two Lancs call ups aren't playing in the current CC game against Kent but Crawley is so he will have to be pulled out. And what do I keep saying that Crawley needs to practice? Playing red ball against the likes of Jimmy Anderson which he will now be deprived of doing. 

• Options
    Not funny that the two Lancs call ups aren't playing in the current CC game against Kent but Crawley is so he will have to be pulled out. And what do I keep saying that Crawley needs to practice? Playing red ball against the likes of Jimmy Anderson which he will now be deprived of doing. 

Lancs have lost Matt Parkinson from the match, not that spin was likely to be much of a factor anyway!
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Lancs have lost Matt Parkinson from the match, not that spin was likely to be much of a factor anyway!
    I don't think Parkinson is in the team, is he?

Sorry you are correct - the current card has already omitted him and he hasn't bowled so far! Tawanda Muyeye has come in for Crawley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't think Parkinson is in the team, is he?

Sorry you are correct - the current card has already omitted him and he hasn't bowled so far! Tawanda Muyeye has come in for Crawley
    Funnily enough in Kent's first innings, the following conversation never came up

"The pitch looks flat, and Kent are coping with Jimmy really easily. Time for a bit of spin"  :#
  • Options
    /Addick Addict said:
    I am glad that Jacks and Salt are in there, both top county performers who deserve a go. I just hope we bat them in the right places because it seems weve gone down the route of 6 batsmen who bat in the top 3 and only Lawrence and Stokes who bat in the middle order.

Morgan has been asked a number of times by the likes of Nasser and Atherton about Hales. Each and every time he has swerved the question and looked very sheepish in answering it. He is not prepared to have anyone in the squad who might rock the boat. It's his way or no way and it is that confidence and self belief that contributed to us winning the WC, Sometimes though, a strength can be overdone. 
    Rob Key has just said that he thinks that this does spell the end for Alex Hales but that, in his opinion, he has served his time. Unfortunately for Hales, it's not Key's opinion that matters. 
  • Options
    Well I guess that confirms Hales will not play for England again 
  • Options
    Surprised no Banton. What I saw of him in 20 v Kent at Canterbury was pretty impressive. 

• Options
    Also note there are no more than 2 players from any county, which maybe to try and limit disruption. 
  • Options
    Going back to the earlier point about Billings. I don't disagree with points being made but is it really in England's interest to have a permanent drinks carrier. They might have needed him and then he might have trouble remembering which way to hold his bat. At the moment I can't see why you even think about taking him to the T20 world cup. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Surprised no Banton. What I saw of him in 20 v Kent at Canterbury was pretty impressive. 

Got called in for the third ODI so has to isolate 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    redman said:

Got called in for the third ODI so has to isolate 
    And these are the rest of the players who were originally in the squad

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex, captain), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire), Tom Banton (Somerset), Sam Billings (Kent), Sam Curran (Surrey), Tom Curran (Surrey), Liam Dawson (Hampshire), George Garton (Sussex), Liam Livingstone (Lancashire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), David Willey (Yorkshire), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Mark Wood (Durham).
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    only disappointment is sam hain still not getting a call up when he's consistently been the best white ball batsman in county cricket for a while now. Still makes this quite exciting, as quite a few players get an opportunity to show what they can do.
  • Options
    Sam Hain has the Aussie tax. Will need to score very, very heavily if he's to have a shot 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Sam Hain has the Aussie tax. Will need to score very, very heavily if he's to have a shot 
    can see him doing an andrew symonds and pissing off back to oz to play for them tbh. 
  • Options
    What a start!
  • Options
    2nds doing well I see 
  • Options
    Just about one run per over needed now. Pretty impressive stuff.
  • Options
    That's flat-out embarrassing
  • Options
    That was as boring as the SL walk overs.
  • Options
    Expect Banton and Garton aren't impressed though. Denied a chance to get some experience against SL or even to play for their county. Then they have to watch the likes of Malan, Crawley and Mahmood help themselves to runs and wickets and in the process possibly push them beneath those three in the pecking order.
  • Options
    Tweeted by George Dobell of Cricinfo:

We've had some great @CountyChamp action; some great @VitalityBlast action; some great #CharlotteEdwardsCup action. We've got an England side built in domestic competitions which is No. 1 in the world. But the last 12 tweets from @ECB_cricket are about the Hundred...

Can't think why that might be!