Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    redman said:
    There will never be another Jimmy Anderson/Chris Broad combo, but this fella Robinson looks like he may be around for a long while and become something of a legend for England.
    True it’s early days, but he just looks the part in so many ways.👍
    Certainly Andrerson and Broad (Stuart!) are best we have had. Have to go back to Truman and Statham to even think of a comparison

Botham and Willis were pretty good.
    Anderson + Broad = 1,154 wickets
    Botham + Willis = 707 wickets
    Trueman and Statham = 559 wickets

No pairing will ever get near Anderson and Broad in terms of success over such a sustained period of time
    Not intending to detract from their achievements in any way but Anderson and Broad have had the opportunity to play in a lot more test matches than Trueman and Statham in particular ever did and even Botham and Willis too.
    That is true and whilst Anderson and Broad have played longer for England too in terms of years they have been protected in not having to play domestic cricket too as a result of central contracts
  • Options
    redman said:
    There will never be another Jimmy Anderson/Chris Broad combo, but this fella Robinson looks like he may be around for a long while and become something of a legend for England.
    Certainly Andrerson and Broad (Stuart!) are best we have had. Have to go back to Truman and Statham to even think of a comparison

I don't think of them as a pair in the same way. In fact from memory Botham didn't usually open the bowling that often. 
  • Options
    Not satisfied with being the white ball team’s drinks carrier, Billings called up as wicket keeper cover for bairstow. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    redman said:

No pairing will ever get near Anderson and Broad in terms of success over such a sustained period of time
    Not intending to detract from their achievements in any way but Anderson and Broad have had the opportunity to play in a lot more test matches than Trueman and Statham in particular ever did and even Botham and Willis too.
    Anderson and Broad have also been professional Test bowlers for a few years, whereas Botham and Willis will have played all forms of international cricket, and all forms of county cricket too. That's a massive benefit to their longevity
  • Options
    Why do England need Billings as keeper cover anyway? They don't normally have keeper cover in normal 12 or 13 man squads, and it's not as if there are fitness doubts concerning Bairstow, and they've stated that he will be the keeper
  • Options
    Also slightly surprising that Mahmood has been left out and Woakes after his long injury break after just ONE T20 match
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    redman said:

Typhoon Tyson/Statham and Laker/Lock weren’t too bad either
  • Options
    Not England related, but Dale Steyn has announced his retirement. Jimmy is clearly a fan

• Options
    50% refund on our tickets for Saturday. We paid £25, but our friends in the Western Terrace paid £15. A Saturday Day 4 test in August only charging £15? 

I mean, it's great and can be commended and is welcome, but who sets the prices? the money grabbing ECB?

Our tickets for Headingly day 3 were £45, but half the price of our restricted view tickets day 1 at Lords in upper compton. I get that I'm not comparing like for like in terms of location and day of test, but it just seems madness being so cheap.  They also shut the bar at 4pm on the Friday when play finished at 6.30, so I doubt Headingly made much money at all considering the bars closed by lunchtime on the Saturday. 

• Options
    £7.50 for 8 wickets isn't a bad deal is it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last working day of the week for me, can't wait to get to the Oval tomorrow! Last time I saw England play India at the Oval was Chef's farewell hundred, hoping Hameed can cement his place with a score. 
  • Options
    England won the toss and will bowl

Pope and Woakes in for Buttler and Curran
  • Options
    No Shami or Ishant but STILL no Ashwin
  • Options
    Kohli is a clot, isn't he 
  • Options
    Every fan of cricketing beauty and competition wants to see Ashwin. Instead we get Umesh Yadav's final Test, to follow Ishant's last week
  • Options
    50% refund on our tickets for Saturday. We paid £25, but our friends in the Western Terrace paid £15. A Saturday Day 4 test in August only charging £15? 

I mean, it's great and can be commended and is welcome, but who sets the prices? the money grabbing ECB?

Our tickets for Headingly day 3 were £45, but half the price of our restricted view tickets day 1 at Lords in upper compton. I get that I'm not comparing like for like in terms of location and day of test, but it just seems madness being so cheap.  They also shut the bar at 4pm on the Friday when play finished at 6.30, so I doubt Headingly made much money at all considering the bars closed by lunchtime on the Saturday. 

I was at day 3 too. They shut the bars due to "crowd incidents" they told us. Very disappointing tbh.
  • Options
    I ll be there tomorrow..looking forward 👍
  • Options
    That run of luck had to come to an end for the openers 
  • Options

I was at day 3 too. They shut the bars due to "crowd incidents" they told us. Very disappointing tbh.
    I’d suggest shutting the bars caused an increase of crowd incidents! It was rather funny though watching a man dressed up as Dorothy Gale in pig tails lose his shit. 
  • Options
    You going on Saturday @suzisausage ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woakes is proof that genuinely good blokes can be winners
    Has taken the new ball a surprisingly small number of times for England. Always been behind Broad and Anderson (understandable) but has also been behind Archer and even Curran/Stone at times. Now Robinson in this test. Not debating the decision to not give him the new ball but in another era he could have been Englands new ball bowler for the last 7 years and considered a true great.
  • Options
    You going on Saturday @suzisausage ?
    No, Sunday! 
  • Options
    Woakes is proof that genuinely good blokes can be winners
    Has taken the new ball a surprisingly small number of times for England. Always been behind Broad and Anderson (understandable) but has also been behind Archer and even Curran/Stone at times. Now Robinson in this test. Not debating the decision to not give him the new ball but in another era he could have been Englands new ball bowler for the last 7 years and considered a true great.
    The only thing that prevents me from agreeing is his lack of success overseas 
  • Options
    128-7

We're going tomorrow, fingers crossed it's a good day.
  • Options
    India seem a bit resigned to their fate already. I may have to eat my words but their pace attack ( as I have predicted),  looks a bit tired and not as threatening (on paper ) 

Very poor shot from Pant that ..he is turning into an Indian Jos Buttler 

Please feel free to repost this when England are bowled out single figures 
  • Options
    Bairstow's footwork and glove work is that of someone who has done virtually zero keeping to red ball in the last 12 months
  • Options
    England now getting the run around. Could have had them all out for less than 140 but now they are hitting 4's & 6's galore and are up to 185. Looking like they will get 200 plus - even close to 250.
  • Options
    32 ball 50 for Thakur - fastest Test 50 for anyone at The Oval