Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    That is pathetic from Moeen. Even worse given that he's vice captain as well.
  • Options
    So we're in September and Woakes has faced 18 balls (all white ones at that) this summer. This is someone who has a First Class average of 34 too. 
    He's been really unlucky with his timing. All sorts of Covid related absences, then gets injured, and when he returns there's no red ball cricket
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Merging Charlton and cricket chat...saw a number of academy lads on the tube back from Oval and LB. Any idea who they played or was it training?
  • Options
    England 290 all out, Woakes gets 50
  • Options
    TMS work out that Jimmy was on for a century of not outs, it's announced by the Oval and displayed on the big screen to a big round of applause

Except they got it wrong, and it's only 99   :D
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    The Oval is the 'Library' of Cricket.

Last tricky hour for India. England almost a hundred lead. Tails up.
    If this was Edgbaston or Old Trafford the place would be Rocking!
  • Options
    Oh Burns ffs
  • Options

View from my seat at the Oval today - up in the debenture seats with a client - great day - homeward bound now - this test is set up nicely to possibly go all 5 days - well perhaps 4 is more likely 
  • Options
    England definitely should have scored more runs. Looking quite flat out there and easy to bat on now, India should be able to easily go past the deficit and set England a proper target

Good news for my Day 4 ticket, and a full day's play
  • Options

View from my seat at the Oval today - up in the debenture seats with a client - great day - homeward bound now - this test is set up nicely to possibly go all 5 days - well perhaps 4 is more likely 
    Looks like you were sitting near us.
    A good day, at 62-5 we could have finished the day 200+ behind, instead of 50 odd in front. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A good day, at 62-5 we could have finished the day 200+ behind, instead of 50 odd in front. 
    It's one of those days where England can both be pleased at recovering from 62-5 to reach 290 AND disappointed that a few players threw away their wicket, and that they didn't get 350!

• Options

I was sat next to the TMS commentary box - saw Aggers and Tuffers through the window of their box - sadly they didn’t come out on the terrace behind my seat at lunch

I was in the ‘Legends Lounge’ - I had a white and pink paisley shirt on with an England wide brimmed hat on 
  • Options
    V enjoyable day that. Fairly sure I saw @Airman Brown there, if not it's someone else selling VOTV who I've assumed was him for years...

• Options
    Amount of Charlton fans I know that have been in the first two days is ridiculous.

Important stuff chaps, how much a pint of Guinness?
  • Options
    hermann said:
    V enjoyable day that. Fairly sure I saw @Airman Brown there, if not it's someone else selling VOTV who I've assumed was him for years...

Was he the pitch invader earlier today?

I wondered if it was him when he went up to Bairstow and asked if he wanted to buy an August Voice.
  • Options
    Amount of Charlton fans I know that have been in the first two days is ridiculous.

No idea mate - I was on full on hospitality 😉
  • Options
    hermann said:

Was he the pitch invader earlier today?

I wondered if it was him when he went up to Bairstow and asked if he wanted to buy an August Voice.
    Pitch invader couldn’t even bowl from the proper side of the wicket - Umpire was in the way !!!
  • Options

Unless there's somewhere i'm missing in the ground you can't get Guinness. The real downside of the day, had to nip out to the beehive for a couple at lunch
  • Options

Unless there's somewhere i'm missing in the ground you can't get Guinness. The real downside of the day, had to nip out to the beehive for a couple at lunch
    Pretty sure they were selling them at the Wanderer's Bar behind the stand I was in, around block 18 of the JM Finn stand. Think they were about £6.80, same as all the other beers. Didn't have one so can't comment on how well they were poured.
  • Options

I was sat next to the TMS commentary box - saw Aggers and Tuffers through the window of their box - sadly they didn’t come out on the terrace behind my seat at lunch

I was in the ‘Legends Lounge’ - I had a white and pink paisley shirt on with an England wide brimmed hat on 
    I think you were above us on level 3.
    We were below the media centre level 2.
    John Major Lounge or similar. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hermann said:

It may have been his brother Mick, who we saw there. (Could have been with Rick). 
  • Options

Carling was £6.45.
    Guinness in The Beehive outside the ground was £6.
  • Options
    Can you go out and back in then?
  • Options
    Yes. 
  • Options
    Many years ago we were at The Oval v Pakistan I think.
    It started to rain. 
    We left, went to China Town, had a meal and a few drinks.
    When we heard on the radio (pre internet) that play was due to start in 30 mins, we rushed back.
    Some poor saps just stayed in their seats for about 3 hours. 
    They thought we were joking when we said where we had been. 
  • Options
    Defo most expensive ground I’ve been to for drinks. £12.40 for 2 pints. An extra £2 on the first round for the cups. Although refundable or when you’re too drunk or lazy you ‘donate’ it for charity. 
  • Options
    Extortion in drink prices as the fans have no other options available. Didn't leave a good taste to be paying £7 for Stadium beer in plastic. 
  • Options
    I remember the days when you could take a crate of Stella into Lords
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Defo most expensive ground I’ve been to for drinks. £12.40 for 2 pints. An extra £2 on the first round for the cups. Although refundable or when you’re too drunk or lazy you ‘donate’ it for charity. 
    Bloody hell, that's a right rip off

From memory Lord's was £5.50 a pint

I think the use of contactless encourages this, as somehow it feels less painful when you just touch your card on the reader, rather than getting £20 notes out
  • Options
    Really looking forward to tomorrow, bar a rain hit Hundred at Lords last month this will be my first cricket game. 

A cashless ground, only having a joint bank account and extortionate beers, I’m not looking forward to the following day. My buy some credits with cash on a pals card!