Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    lolwray said:
    India seem a bit resigned to their fate already. I may have to eat my words but their pace attack ( as I have predicted),  looks a bit tired and not as threatening (on paper ) 

Very poor shot from Pant that ..he is turning into an Indian Jos Buttler 

Please feel free to repost this when England are bowled out single figures 
    Thanks for that post.
    India storm to 186-7  :'(
  • Options
    No need to thank me for my above post.
    190-8
    Thakur out 57 off 36.

• Options
    England now getting the run around. Could have had them all out for less than 140 but now they are hitting 4's & 6's galore and are up to 185. Looking like they will get 200 plus - even close to 250.
    My money's on under 200 now..........................
  • Options
    England now getting the run around. Could have had them all out for less than 140 but now they are hitting 4's & 6's galore and are up to 185. Looking like they will get 200 plus - even close to 250.
    My money's on under 200 now..........................
    Would have been if we could catch.....................but at least we can throw!!!!
  • Options
    190-9
  • Options
    We've now dropped a higher percentage of catches in the slips than any other Test playing nation since 2019
  • Options
    Thanks for that now 190-9.
  • Options
    191 All Out
  • Options
    Never change Golfie
  • Options
    Bairstow's footwork and glove work is that of someone who has done virtually zero keeping to red ball in the last 12 months
    See!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can thank me for that mini collapse then....lol.

They do say 1 brings 2.....and it brought a 3rd too. 
  • Options
    2 not very good shots from the openers 
  • Options
    Hameed won't be around long if he does that too many times
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Never change Golfie
    I love him.
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    2 not very good shots from the openers 

Indeed - Burns has, as Ian Ward pointed out the ball before, plays it very late with that angled bat (that sometimes doesn't even come down straight a lot of the time), and allows it to carry on its journey. Hameed's shot was that of someone who was chasing one to get off the mark after a dozen dots
  • Options
    Just the luck that when the sun finally makes an appearance from Sunday onwards the cricket will be over. 
  • Options
    Just going online to buy my ticket for day 5.
    So excited I can't wait 
  • Options
    Bumrah is an excellent bowler, but both batsman got themselves out. 
    Very disappointing after the last game.
  • Options
    Getting Root and Malan in early backfiring nicely for India. It's fine though because they can bring Ashwin on
  • Options
    6.15pm & there is still 12 overs left to bowl. Players will all walk off at 6.30pm in bright sunlight never to see at least 7 of the overs ever again. 

Something has to be done about slow over rate. 

Play to 7pm
    Stop players coming on & off with gloves or unscheduled drinks breaks.
    Double the run rate & add those runs to the score.

I understand that DRS has taken time out if the game. Perhaps a days play should now be 85 overs ? Or start at 10.30 ?  Or just finish when all the overs have been bowled. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    6.15pm & there is still 12 overs left to bowl. Players will all walk off at 6.30pm in bright sunlight never to see at least 7 of the overs ever again. 

Something has to be done about slow over rate. 

Play to 7pm
    Stop players coming on & off with gloves or unscheduled drinks breaks.
    Double the run rate & add those runs to the score.

I understand that DRS has taken time out if the game. Perhaps a days play should now be 85 overs ? Or start at 10.30 ?  Or just finish when all the overs have been bowled. 

Schedule thirty overs per session.  After two hours, if there are still overs to complete, the break is pushed back and you carry on, but with one fewer fielder, who can return when the thirty overs are completed.  
  • Options
    That wasn't in the script! Unleash the Exciting Middle Order
  • Options
    Root out for 21. Big wicket for India.
  • Options
    OK @Addick Addict - time to admit the Hameed experiment has failed 

Only reached double figure in 25% of innings since his return

Runs for cover 
  • Options
    Hameed gets this and the next Test before we talk about 'failure' ffs
  • Options
    I am only joking at AA’s expense 
  • Options
    78.3 overs - absolutely scandalous.

I'd be asking for a partial refund.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I am only joking at AA’s expense 
    I knew that. Shame because he had a game plan that was working, albeit he wasn't scoring. Sure he'll come through though
  • Options
    Bumrah is an excellent bowler, but both batsman got themselves out. 
    Very disappointing after the last game.
    Weirdest run up ever. How does he generate so much pace by walking to wicket