Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    What do you thing the odds are atm...?  I'd say

India 60%
    Draw 20%
    England 20%

Although might just change becuase as I type Jadeja is out.
  • Options

India 60%
    Draw 20%
    England 20%

I think this is a very fair assessment.  Or, at least it was, fifteen minutes ago when you posted it.  I think it's changed in England's favour quite dramatically since then. 
  • Options
    Great stuff from Woakes.
  • Options
    Sitting by the trumpet but surrounded by Indians. Scorching. 
  • Options
    Missed the last wicket. Paused the TV for around 5 mins & then when I restarted it Athers said that Womens football was coming on main event & the cricket was only going to be on the cricket channel. I immediately changed channel to see that India were now 5 down. Doh  !!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

India 60%
    Draw 20%
    England 20%

I think this is a very fair assessment.  Or, at least it was, fifteen minutes ago when you posted it.  I think it's changed in England's favour quite dramatically since then. 
    All the while Kholi is there India are massive favourites. Even chasing 250 would be very problematic as we all know that England collapse in their 2nd innings

If Kholi is still there at lunch then I can see India getting a lead of 300 plus & them winning it being 75% plus.
  • Options
    Sitting by the trumpet but surrounded by Indians. Scorching. 
    The cowboys take position in the bushes and the grass
  • Options
    That's a big wicket but we can't afford to allow Pant to tee off now
  • Options
    As an aside, Saw Essex won toss and fielding so decided to take our boys to see Jamie bowl for the first time. Stuck in traffic and got there hour after start as he finished a ten over four wicket spell. Then Gloucestershire bowled out before lunch without us seeing a single ball from him. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    As an aside, Saw Essex won toss and fielding so decided to take our boys to see Jamie bowl for the first time. Stuck in traffic and got there hour after start as he finished a ten over four wicket spell. Then Gloucestershire bowled out before lunch without us seeing a single ball from him. 
    If you stay for the day, you might see him bowl in the 2nd innings!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it is perfect batting conditions….
  • Options
    Are you sure, BBC? 
  • Options
    Good effort this morning but think they still have a few too many already bearing in mind our batting line up
  • Options
    Good batting by these two, sensible run scoring rather than wild slogs

I think England banked on Pant giving it away
  • Options
    This game is over for England. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Is that the worst run out effort by an England player?
    Moeen could have trotted in and run him out. Awful cricket. 
  • Options
    I don’t get that not out lbw. It’s hit him on the back leg clearly in line and with him crouching to play a reverse sweep it was never going over the top. England’s own fault wasting reviews but the on field umpire decision, review or not, was shocking. 
  • Options
    This is when we desperately need a front line spinner. Moeen just can’t do it. 
  • Options
    This is when we desperately need a front line spinner. Moeen just can’t do it. 
    @Leuth people are being mean… 
  • Options
    Don't fancy England, I think scoreboard pressure and the fresh Indian bowlers will be the difference
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s playing very flat and slow, though. Indian spinners haven’t done much this series, although this could be the difference this evening/tomorrow.
  • Options
    What a fascinating day of cricket. Followed. no doubt, with another tomorrow. 
  • Options
    enjoyed that. 
  • Options
    Great days cricket. Extremely balanced. Tomorrow looks like it’ll be a cracker, and the weather won’t be too shoddy either!
  • Options
    Been such a good Test, twisting and turning and will likely go late in the day with at least 2 results possible.

Still see an England win as third favourite but you never know....
  • Options
    Been such a good Test, twisting and turning and will likely go late in the day with at least 2 results possible.

Agreed. Highest successful run chase at the Oval is 263. We're going to have to obliterate that.
  • Options
    Would be interesting to see us 240 with only 2/3 wickets down in the last session. Not very likely I’d admit 
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Agreed. Highest successful run chase at the Oval is 263. We're going to have to obliterate that.
    Different day, different times, different wicket.

What will probably do us is being too negative. Watching the last few overs this evening & Burns trying just to knock it away - those will be catches to short leg tomorrow.

Should be able to get 75/85 runs in the first 2 sessions meaning needing to get 120-odd in the last. Wickets in hand its should be possible. If we are 6 down at tea then probably need to hang on for the draw.

I reckon it's currently-

India 55%
    England 35%
    Draw 9%
    Tie     1%
  • Options

Different day, different times, different wicket.

What will probably do us is being too negative. Watching the last few overs this evening & Burns trying just to knock it away - those will be catches to short leg tomorrow.

Should be able to get 75/85 runs in the first 2 sessions meaning needing to get 120-odd in the last. Wickets in hand its should be possible. If we are 6 down at tea then probably need to hang on for the draw.

I reckon it's currently-

India 55%
    England 35%
    Draw 9%
    Tie     1%
    The true odds on offer are:

India 33%
    England 26%
    Draw 41% 
    Tie - no offers

So, by those odds, you should be backing India @ 3.05 on Betfair (2/1)
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    4 pints of lager and a cider with the glass addition cost me 36.00 .
    I couldn’t keep up with the big boys but 3 of my mates had 13 pints of Guinness by the time we left the ground (and we then went out for the evening).

Hope you see a fair few wickets today 
    So how did you find it?

Many people struggle with the whole concept watching cricket all day with not a lot happening. I love it. I've had some of my best days when it's been mediocre on the pitch.

Test cricket is a cracking day out!