Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    With wickets in hand, a lot can be scored in a final session. All I'll say for now
  • Options
    Actually, I'll add: bowlers tire
  • Options
    Disappointing but a very good ball and when was the last time that England twice had opening partnerships of 100 plus in the space of three innings?

• Options
    100-1

The opening partnership did a great job, but it's time for the strokemakers to come in and knock off the runs  :)
  • Options
    100/1 - Burns gone.
  • Options
    3.9 now England still a “ north lower Neil” 
  • Options
    The collapse will happen at some point
  • Options
    Root feels like the key, if he sticks around he's in good enough form that we've got a chance, if he gets out I reckon we'll collapse pretty quickly afterwards.
  • Options
    Root feels like the key, if he sticks around he's in good enough form that we've got a chance, if he gets out I reckon we'll collapse pretty quickly afterwards.
    I think the collapse is more likely if/when we realise the run chase isn't on and we drop anchor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kohli's gladiatorial greeting of the first wicket was a bit over the top.  One wicket in forty overs.  If they continue taking wickets at that rate, they will bowl England out by close of play.  On Friday. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Kohli's gladiatorial greeting of the first wicket was a bit over the top.  One wicket in forty overs.  If they continue taking wickets at that rate, they will bowl England out by close of play.  On Friday. 
    We'll likely still be about 50 runs short at that point!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I think the collapse is more likely if/when we realise the run chase isn't on and we drop anchor.
    I would be interested in knowing the statistical success of the drop anchor approach. It seems to me on some wickets, you are more at risk not playing shots.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I would be interested in knowing the statistical success of the drop anchor approach. It seems to me on some wickets, you are more at risk not playing shots.
    I always think the problem with just defending is that it takes much of the pressure of the bowling side to contain runs.

At the moment, India need to keep the runs down as well as take wickets, which complicates their approach
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    We know that Malan, Root and Bairstow can score at a fast rate playing their natural game. You would want Ali having a score target than a time target when he comes in.
  • Options
    Hameed - stick to what you're good at son!!!!
  • Options
    Oof, what a moment there
  • Options
    It can only be Jadeja's arrogance that forces him to constantly overstep. Looking forward to the time it costs him a wicket and India the game as a result. There is absolutely zero excuse for him doing it.
  • Options
    Kohli has just removed Richard Illingworth from his list of favourite Umpires
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    bobmunro said:
    Looks to me that Malan & Hameed have dropped anchor already. I understand there are plenty of overs left & batsmen like Root, Bairstow & Ali who are quick run scorers, but you cant leave them with too much to do post Tea. These 2 need to keep the scoreboard ticking over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And that conversation with Illingworth might work in India but will hopefully fail to influence him in the future
  • Options
    If we are only 2/3 down at tea we can give it a right good go in the evening. 
  • Options
    Idiotic run 
  • Options
    Ridiculous 
  • Options
    Oh dear, Hameed has sold Malan out there.
  • Options
    Oh dear, Hameed has sold Malan out there.
    Completed BBQ'd him 
  • Options
    Dick around barely scoring then get run out via a too risky single. Madness
  • Options
    You better get a ton now Hameed....
  • Options
    Need to go into save the game mode now. We ain't gonna be winning this, and certainly when taking silly risks like that.
  • Options
    Need to go into save the game mode now. We ain't gonna be winning this, and certainly when taking silly risks like that.
    Disagree, would rather lose this trying to win. It's an absolute road. the middle order are mainly RH so Jadeja is nowhere near as effective