Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    No need for that run at all. 

Bad call but Malan was also heavily on his heels.
  • Options
    Take a look at where Malan is following the delivery. He isn't looking for a run and his feet are still on the crease. That is a mindset and had he been just a couple of feet outside his crease he would have made it.
  • Options
    Idiotic run to take but did Jadeja run straight in front of Malan? If he did it’s one thing that baffles me how a fielding team gets away with it. The ball went nowhere near so there is no reason for him to change his line and run in front and across a Malan. Might not have made a difference to the end result but it shouldn’t be happening IMO. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Unlikely, but it could be a blessing in disguise.
    Malan was going nowhere and looked very vulnerable to Dadeja.
    Root may now score a quick 100  :)
  • Options
    England wont win this one. Either all out just after Tea or will go into defensive mindset with 7 or 8 down and will end in a draw.
  • Options
    Root stays in until say 6pm, England win. Root gets out cheaply, India will be heavy favourites

Things had stagnated, Malan had 5 runs from 33 balls, another hour of that and the England win would have been impossible
  • Options
    Idiotic run to take but did Jadeja run straight in front of Malan? If he did it’s one thing that baffles me how a fielding team gets away with it. The ball went nowhere near so there is no reason for him to change his line and run in front and across a Malan. Might not have made a difference to the end result but it shouldn’t be happening IMO. 
    Very annoying it was the sub fielder too, Pujara isn't doing that 
  • Options
    It may actually have increased England's chances but Root needs a decent score. 
  • Options
    Root stays in until say 6pm, England win. Root gets out cheaply, India will be heavy favourites

Things had stagnated, Malan had 5 runs from 33 balls, another hour of that and the England win would have been impossible
    I was going to say the same thing about Malan's scoring rate but then was reminded of what Stokes did 2 years ago & how he hardly scored a run for the first hour he was in.

But then again Malan is no Stokes.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    But Malan can score quickly. Isn't he the holder of the record for England's fastest T20 hundred? And that is some achievement with the hitters we have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But Malan can score quickly. Isn't he the holder of the record for England's fastest T20 hundred? And that is some achievement with the hitters we have.
    So should he have just gone for some quick runs instead...?  He got 5 from 33. He could have got 20 off 10 & then got out. 

Which has got me thinking. I would change the batting order around. I would send in Woakes & Overton next & let them use up some overs. Then after tea if we needed 160 off 35 players like Bairstow & Ali could go for it, instead of leaving the final few overs to players who cant bat. 

It would never happen & what you'll find is that the lower order will be asked to go at 6 an over which they cant do so will get out anyway just pushing & prodding. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    The issue with that is that you will be sending in lower order batsmen at the time India are on the ascendancy and sniffing wickets. 

___

Malan backed his defensive technique and didn't quite deliver.

__

Ashwin for Siraj would have probably seen this game over by now.
  • Options
    48-ball 100 against New Zealand in 2019, subsequently bettered by Liam Livingstone's monstrous 42-ball 100 against Pakistan in July this year. 
  • Options
    T20 fielding restrictions don't compare to Test match fielding or bowling laws. 
  • Options
    Oops. 
    Must play for the draw now
  • Options
    Run out is an immediate shooting offence or an hour explaining to golfie that test cricket is a lot different to one day bashing 

lay England never happening in the real world of test cricket 
  • Options
    Run out is an immediate shooting offence or an hour explaining to golfie that test cricket is a lot different to one day bashing 

lay England never happening in the real world of test cricket 
    See my post above.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Glad in a way Hameed is out. He was just taking up time & overs. As I was saying before lunch, Hameed would be the ideal player to come in lower down the order when you want to save a Test. Not up the order wanting to keep the runs flowing. 
  • Options
    England in trouble now
  • Options
    Bairstow in now to heave it around a bit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear. 

Can the 2 Yorkies save England or will it be all over by Tea. 

The "go nowhere" option hasn't worked. I'd be looking at the "see ball, hit ball" option. 
  • Options
    Glad in a way Hameed is out. He was just taking up time & overs. As I was saying before lunch, Hameed would be the ideal player to come in lower down the order when you want to save a Test. Not up the order wanting to keep the runs flowing. 
    Hameed would have comfortably defended (or worked for a single) the ball that got Pope
  • Options
    Review lost. Learn the Laws of the game Jadeja!!!
  • Options
    Oh dear.
  • Options
    Bumrah providing a masterclass in dead/flat pitch bowling here.
  • Options
    46-5 since that first wicket fell. 26-4 since the second wicket. Poor.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Can’t see England batting out the day and especially chasing down that score . It’s as rare as rocking horse shit that that happens. 
    I hope I’m wrong . If we get to lunch with just one wicket down then who knows ? 
    This.
    Our trouble of course is our propensity to collapse.
    India to win for me, if not a draw and England with a 5% chance. 
    I called it yesterday.
  • Options
    Lay of the century 

teams can’t chase these scores down 
    and lame batting orders like England certainly can’t against a decent attack 
  • Options
    Oh dear. 

Can the 2 Yorkies save England or will it be all over by Tea. 

The "go nowhere" option hasn't worked. I'd be looking at the "see ball, hit ball" option. 
    My second option looks the better bet .......lol.
  • Options
    Typical England...Bottlers.