Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    India found it very easy to bowl on this pitch yet we struggled.We lost this test from the moment they went past 99 2nd innings.we made it easy for them.Another woeful England performance and i am dreading another 5-0 drubbing in Australia.Feel for Root.Something needs to be sorted out upstairs and the ECB need to take a hard long look at themselves.Pathetic.
    Australia aren't very strong at the moment. I wouldn't expect to see a 5-0 drubbing at all.
    If I were Cummins or Starc I’d be licking my lips looking at England’s batting line up.
  • Options
    Can someone tell me what Ollie Robinson is trying to do. Shielding Anderson from the strike.....for what reason ?  There is 30 overs left so they are not going to survive to stumps. And it's not like Robinson is scoring runs. He's just taking 5 balls & then getting a run on the 6th. Pointless 
  • Options
    For all the talk of how good England's bowling attack is, they looked tired and a bit lacking in ideas as this match progressed. India scored 466 in their second innings, whereas we got 210, and it was the seamers who took 7 wickets today. 
  • Options
    Thakur M O M ?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    India found it very easy to bowl on this pitch yet we struggled.We lost this test from the moment they went past 99 2nd innings.we made it easy for them.Another woeful England performance and i am dreading another 5-0 drubbing in Australia.Feel for Root.Something needs to be sorted out upstairs and the ECB need to take a hard long look at themselves.Pathetic.
    Australia aren't very strong at the moment. I wouldn't expect to see a 5-0 drubbing at all.
    They dont need to be strong.All they need to do is turn up.They could play their 2nd string and still beat us.
  • Options
    The first time India have won a Test after losing the toss, been put in to bat and been bowled out for under 200. Previously: 3 draws and 13 defeats.
  • Options
    Can someone tell me what Ollie Robinson is trying to do. Shielding Anderson from the strike.....for what reason ?  There is 30 overs left so they are not going to survive to stumps. And it's not like Robinson is scoring runs. He's just taking 5 balls & then getting a run on the 6th. Pointless 
    What else could he do? 
  • Options
    all set up for a great day of cricket - a good test match is still far superior to any other version of the game. Can’t see beyond an India win though. Having a lumpy bet (for me) on them at 2/1 
    Should have put the whole mortgage on them not just half! TTKK 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I'm not so sure - only one real quality batsman if Stokes is missing, no spinner, no real variation or pace in the bowling bar Wood playing a couple of Tests....

Think we're in for a winter of Smith and Labuschagne batting and batting too.
  • Options
    For all the talk of how good England's bowling attack is, they looked tired and a bit lacking in ideas as this match progressed. India scored 466 in their second innings, whereas we got 210, and it was the seamers who took 7 wickets today. 
    Absolutely. We didn’t even threaten to reverse it yesterday from what I saw. Can’t have been such a dramatic change in conditions overnight. Need to find a new Simon Jones to bowl sides out in their second knock. And Overton was underbowled by Root. No point him playing if the skipper doesn’t rate or trust him 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just a lack of talented and disciplined red ball 3/4/5 day English cricketers .. unfortunately, 20/20 and The Hundred are the money makers for the counties, though at £100ish  a day tickets for tests and £6+ for a pint, the ECB is making a good few quid from 'the fans'
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    But MUCH stronger than us in Australian conditions. Other than the glorious 2010/11 when we were at our peak, we've been hammered down under for decades. Since 2005, when England showed they could win at home, the results in Australia have been
    5-0
    1-3
    5-0
    4-0
  • Options
    To have any chance of success in Australia we need.
    Archer 
    Wood 
    Stokes 
    All fit and firing on all cylinders. 
    Chances are they could all be missing and without them our attack is pretty toothless. 
  • Options
    Easiest couple of quid I’ve made in a while.  Makes up for England not getting 5 or 7 last night. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Ed Smith needs to be brought back to scout around the counties to spot some talent. AND .. how did the ;King of Spain' get the top job as the Director of English Cricket ? .. a bizarre appointment if ever there was one .. a nice job for the epitome of a jobsworth i m o
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    off topic a bit .. look at this for consistency right down the order ... Durham v Glamorgan - Cricket - BBC Sport .. the Durham innings that is
  • Options

Another reason to hate Surrey  ;)
    Thought it would be lords, I’m sure we almost always lose at lords. 
  • Options
    off topic a bit .. look at this for consistency right down the order ... Durham v Glamorgan - Cricket - BBC Sport .. the Durham innings that is
    I feel disappointed that they didn't let their No 11 also get double figures before declaring!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor in a way, all got a start and got out....
  • Options

Another reason to hate Surrey  ;)
    😣😣😣😣
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    felix_31 said:
    felix_31 said:
    I already have donned my coat...

...but is this partly due to the England batters' lack of red ball cricket this summer ? 
    Big time. Along with our tendency to bottle it (not including Stokes and Leach, of course.) But also due to the pitch - let's be honest, it was flat yesterday, and its turning and reversing today.
    That’s what tends to happen on the final day of a test which is why batting last should really be avoided at costs 
    Its tricky isn't it... Do you bowl first innings with clouds overhead knowing you'll have to bat to win, or do you go into bat first knowing you might struggle to post a decent score but avoiding batting on the final day? 
    Joe Root is England's most successful Test captain ever.  Who would you choose to replace him?
    Is he?  Just by being there longer than a few others?  Brearly & Vaughan both won more of their Tests I think?  Maybe Strauss too, certainly lost less.
    Root 27 
    Vaughan 26 
    Cook, Strauss 24 
    May 20 
    Brearley 18 

Who would you choose to replace Root?  

For the record, the only player still playing cricket to have captained England in a Test match is Ben Stokes.  Hos career record is 0% wins. 

Cook is still playing for Essex
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Indian's refusal to pick their best spinner will cost them more than England's will cost them, imo
    Okay, I was wrong, but only because Bumrah is a freak
  • Options
    Buttler, Leach and Wood added to the squad for the next Test
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Averages - ICC World Cup - Cricket - BBC Sport .. here's this season's averages for all competitions .. pick out from the county championship figures ..  a) those with test potential and b) those who are actually England qualified
  • Options
    Buttler, Leach and Wood added to the squad for the next Test
    a good call would have been Matt Parkinson (NO 44 in the c c averages) to play on his home turf .. his 'Hundred form' (excuse those, to some, blasphemous words lol) was good .. he gives the ball a right good tweak and is an infectious and enthusiastic character .. the English selector Silverwood, along with Root sure lack a bit of devil and a willingness to experiment .. mind you the press are all too keen to get on their backs for any perceived 'craziness'
  • Options
    Amazing how after so many years, we enter the debate of Buttler V Bairstow in the red ball Test team.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Amazing how after so many years, we enter the debate of Buttler V Bairstow in the red ball Test team.
    there is a hard core in the England set up who would still be selected even if they had broken both legs and an arm (or two)
  • Options
    Like yesterday, the clickbait were adamant that England had a greater chance of winning now that Hameed was out.