Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    No Stokes in Preliminary 15 man T20 WC squad:

Morgan (C)
    Moeen Ali
    Bairstow
    Billings
    Buttler
    Curran (S)
    Jordan
    Livingstone
    Malan
    Mills
    Rashid
    Roy
    Willey
    Woakes
    Wood

• Options
    Assuming Stokes doesn't make it, this would be my XI

Roy
    Bairstow
    Malan
    Livingstone
    Buttler
    Morgan
    Moeen Ali
    Jordan
    Rashid
    Wood
    Mills

If Stokes is back I would bring him in for Malan and slip him in between Morgan and Moeen Ali
  • Options
    Final Test of the summer starts in Manchester on September 10th. Even with the unseasonably good weather (which has just broken btw) the know that its going to rain. 

What idiot decided too play in mid September in MANCHESTER. Do they not know about the weather in the UK ??
    Old Trafford has hosted Test matches starting in May, June, July, August and September.  Test matches have ended in draws at Old Trafford in June, July and August.  Every Test Match ever held in May and in September at Old Trafford has ended up in a positive result.  
  • Options

Morgan (C)
    Moeen Ali
    Bairstow
    Billings
    Buttler
    Curran (S)
    Jordan
    Livingstone
    Malan
    Mills
    Rashid
    Roy
    Willey
    Woakes
    Wood

I hope Ben Stokes continues to make a recovery and hope that he decides to come back to the England team as soon as he feels ready.  But that's a seriously strong T20 squad and, as incredible as it seems, I don't think even Ben Stokes would be missed from that squad. Who should be dropped from that 15 to accommodate him? 

I imagine Ben Stokes will either choose coming back into the England team for the Ashes, or not until 2022. 
  • Options
    Good to see Tyrone Mills in the squad, he's a lethal short form bowler
  • Options
    Not sure we’ll see stokes at the ashes, unfortunately. 
  • Options
    Not sure we’ll see stokes at the ashes, unfortunately. 
    I think you're probably right
  • Options
    There's been another positive test from a member of the Indian support staff. The ones who tested positive last week remained in London and the tourists' training sessions today was cancelled with the players staying in the hotel. They are all being tested now.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Morgan (C)
    Moeen Ali
    Bairstow
    Billings
    Buttler
    Curran (S)
    Jordan
    Livingstone
    Malan
    Mills
    Rashid
    Roy
    Willey
    Woakes
    Wood

I hope Ben Stokes continues to make a recovery and hope that he decides to come back to the England team as soon as he feels ready.  But that's a seriously strong T20 squad and, as incredible as it seems, I don't think even Ben Stokes would be missed from that squad. Who should be dropped from that 15 to accommodate him? 

I imagine Ben Stokes will either choose coming back into the England team for the Ashes, or not until 2022. 
    One of the left armers. Mills has the pace and valuable at the end of the innings but not sure the squad needs both Curran and Willey. If I could have Stokes he walks into the squad and one of those drops out, probably Willey. 
  • Options
    Assuming Stokes doesn't make it, this would be my XI

Roy
    Bairstow
    Malan
    Livingstone
    Buttler
    Morgan
    Moeen Ali
    Jordan
    Rashid
    Wood
    Mills

If Stokes is back I would bring him in for Malan and slip him in between Morgan and Moeen Ali
    I'd have Buttler opening and Bairstow at 5. Woakes probably above Jordan for me but either/or is fine. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

Morgan (C)
    Moeen Ali
    Bairstow
    Billings
    Buttler
    Curran (S)
    Jordan
    Livingstone
    Malan
    Mills
    Rashid
    Roy
    Willey
    Woakes
    Wood

One of the left armers. Mills has the pace and valuable at the end of the innings but not sure the squad needs both Curran and Willey. If I could have Stokes he walks into the squad and one of those drops out, probably Willey. 
    Agreed, I think Willey is the stokes alternative. Or at least that’s how Morgan sees him.
  • Options
    Here's my team.  It would win the T20 World Cup, easily. 

1. Anyone 
    2. Anyone 
    3. Livingstone 
    4. Morgan 
    5. Anyone 
    6. Anyone 
    7. Anyone 
    8. Jordan 
    9. Rashid 
    10. Anyone 
    11. Anyone 
  • Options
    There's been another positive test from a member of the Indian support staff. The ones who tested positive last week remained in London and the tourists' training sessions today was cancelled with the players staying in the hotel. They are all being tested now.
    f f s !!
  • Options
    Only surprise is root not being in the squad - his off breaks can be useful to buy an over here and there. But he’s probably wanting a rest before the ashes.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

1. Anyone 
    2. Anyone 
    3. Livingstone 
    4. Morgan 
    5. Anyone 
    6. Anyone 
    7. Anyone 
    8. Jordan 
    9. Rashid 
    10. Anyone 
    11. Anyone 
    Agree with this except I'd have Anyone at 9 instead of Rashid.

We all dream of a team of anyone. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

1. Anyone 
    2. Anyone 
    3. Livingstone 
    4. Morgan 
    5. Anyone 
    6. Anyone 
    7. Anyone 
    8. Jordan 
    9. Rashid 
    10. Anyone 
    11. Anyone 
    I Would swap 5&6 to be honest. 
  • Options
    test called off due to COVID
  • Options
    The fifth Test between England and India is set to go ahead on Friday after no further positive Covid-19 tests were returned by the tourists.

Not according to BBC
  • Options
    when will this all end ? .. I appreciate that Covid can be a deadly disease but surely vaccinations and a few precautions can allow us all to come out of the bunker at last .. what would Winston have said ? .. Churchill that is
  • Options
    thanks for the heads up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fifth Test between England and India is set to go ahead on Friday after no further positive Covid-19 tests were returned by the tourists.

Not according to BBC
    Sky reporting COVID in the India camp and it's off
  • Options
    I've heard Day 1 is not starting rather than the whole Test being off.
  • Options
    Do England get awarded the win
  • Options
    Do England get awarded the win
    you'll be lucky
  • Options
    If India can’t put out a team, England should be awarded the victory 
  • Options
    Just got sent this “ No cricket today at the test match . Bcci politics”
  • Options
    Offski!
  • Options
    Considering the number and quality of players England have been unable to select (Ben Stokes, Stuart Broad, Joffra Archer, among others), a 2-2 result isn't too bad. 
  • Options
    Series drawn 2-2 after match forfeited!