Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    England awarded the win by default. Jimmy claiming a fivefor in each innings  ;)
  • Options
    Makes it more annoying we couldn't see out day 5 at The Oval, could have won by default (the two sweetest words in the English language).
  • Options
    Strongly suspect that they want to quarantine before the IPL starts in what, 9, 10 days?  
  • Options
    India have un-forfeited
  • Options
    Absolutely shocking by India ….. putting the IPL ahead of test cricket ….
  • Options
    I think this should go ahead. And, if it does, it should be known as the Golfie Protocol. 

• Options
    England awarded the win by default. Jimmy claiming a fivefor in each innings  ;)
    We had a couple of 3-0 walkovers at Sunday league level a few years back, and there was proper competition and debate on who could claim the goals.

Think in the end the captain awarded himself hat-tricks!
  • Options
    I wonder if we'd be in this same situation if it was 2-1 to England after the Oval. BCCI balancing Test status V IPL (as they have enough fit players to make a team).

I have to say, I'm surprised that we got through a long Test series without any real CV impacts. 
  • Options
    Bad form to do it so late, people have travelled and are travelling to the match before it got called off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England need to win the first Test of the Ashes series and then claim concerns over Covid-19 and bugger off home with a 1-0 series win
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    England need to win the first Test of the Ashes series and then claim concerns over Covid-19 and bugger off home with a 1-0 series win
    You there, with the cough, come over here!  Don't cover your mouth when you cough!!

I do see a flaw in the plan, around this:

England need to win the first Test 
  • Options
    Bad form to do it so late, people have travelled and are travelling to the match before it got called off. 
    this ..  as ever the paying public are treated like mere cash cows .. ticket refunds are all very well, but there are sure to be those who've booked hotels and restaurants in anticipation of a nice few days .. instead they can go sight seeing in Manchester .. I recommend the Manchester Science Museum to marvel especially at how ingenious were the Victorian engineers .. However, I digress
  • Options
    this ..  as ever the paying public are treated like mere cash cows .. ticket refunds are all very well, but there are sure to be those who've booked hotels and restaurants in anticipation of a nice few days .. instead they can go sight seeing in Manchester .. I recommend the Manchester Science Museum to marvel especially at how ingenious were the Victorian engineers .. However, I digress
    National Football Museum another choice!
  • Options
    National Football Museum another choice!
    forgot about that ..
  • Options
    F*****g fuming. Got here last night. Took it easy last night looking forward to a day's cricket,rain permitting.

It's the six cavemen and the fella in a dinosaur costume that have just turned up for breakfast at the hotel I feel sorry for!
    that deserves a like and a lol .. as well as a commiserations
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Ronnie Moore reminds me of the Iraqi minister….we are driving back the American infidels,  American tanks seen in the back ground taking control of Baghdad airport
  • Options
    F*****g fuming. Got here last night. Took it easy last night looking forward to a day's cricket,rain permitting.

It's the six cavemen and the fella in a dinosaur costume that have just turned up for breakfast at the hotel I feel sorry for!
    If the Indian players take to the field dressed in dinosaur outfits, surely that'll reduce the chance of Covid spread enough to play the match...
  • Options

If the Indian players take to the field dressed in dinosaur outfits, surely that'll reduce the chance of Covid spread enough to play the match...
    They'd still beat us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I bet dinosaurs had really bad breath though .. leading to nasty cases of Dinohalitosisitis (I am getting far too fecking silly .. time for bed ?)
  • Options
    Jarvo been in for PCR and confirmed positive 
  • Options
    Only 1 reason why this has been called off.

IPL starting in 10 days. Money talks 
    Steve Harmison just been interviewed on Talksport.  He said he was told that the BCCI wanted the test match brought forward because of the IPL and even tried to get the game shortened to a 4 day test.  Absolutely no surprise its been called off, is it?
  • Options
    There's been another positive test from a member of the Indian support staff. The ones who tested positive last week remained in London and the tourists' training sessions today was cancelled with the players staying in the hotel. They are all being tested now.
    So what is different now to last week's situation when the Test carried on despite the positive tests within the camp? Why wasn't that Test stopped there and then?
  • Options
    Bairstow also got a positive COVID result, but he’s reviewed it
    Brilliant 😂
  • Options
    I blame the Hundred.
  • Options
    Awkward wording from Aggers on TMS

"It all seemed to be positive yesterday"
  • Options
    What are the actual figures, how many players have tested positive?  Has this test really been called off because some players think they might possibly get covid?
  • Options
    What are the actual figures, how many players have tested positive?  Has this test really been called off because some players think they might possibly get covid?
    i might be wrong but i thought that it was all backroom staff that had tested positive