Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    they have also changed the name of a box when worn by the female cricketers. 
  • Options
    Plenty else to get wound up by in cricket atm
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Charlotte Edwards and the late, great Rachael Heyhoe-Flint had no problem with the term 'batsman.'
    I think very few people have problems with what names are given to individual players. Everything changes, otherwise we'd still be referring to fieldsmen. 
  • Options
    I've already decided I'm going to start giving run-outs like a baseball umpire next season 
  • Options
    The women done well tonight! 

Needed 1 off last 3 balls, she got stumped, but it was wide so we won. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I've already decided I'm going to start giving run-outs like a baseball umpire next season 
    I used to play cricket with a guy who, when asked to umpire, had a very unusual way of giving people out (or not).  As soon as the batsmen started running, he would raise his finger above his head and start to lower it, slowly, as the batsman ran towards the crease.   

When the ball broke the wicket, he would stop lowering his hand and look at it.  

If he considered his hand was above horizontal, he would call the batsman out; if it were lower than horizontal, he would say not out. 

Stupid really.  But he was fairly harmless. 
  • Options
    He sounds like you deciding what take to espouse about cricket administration to be fair ;) 
  • Options
    There's an umpire in my league who will raise his finger on almost all LBW appeals, wait a split second, before moving it to the side and saying "sliding down leg"

He's such a tease.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:
    There's an umpire in my league who will raise his finger on almost all LBW appeals, wait a split second, before moving it to the side and saying "sliding down leg"

He's such a tease.
    The worse ones are those that insist on clicking their clicker in front of their eyes as if they are raising their finger
  • Options
    Ridiculous game at The Oval this week, a massive contrast to the low scores elsewhere but far too batsman friendly surely

Glamorgan 672-6
    Surrey 511-2

No wonder Pope has such a ridiculously high average at his home ground, he's currently 169 no
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Stewart moves to 32

a dozen to win

Wrong thread - but who cares!!!
  • Options
    Ridiculous game at The Oval this week, a massive contrast to the low scores elsewhere but far too batsman friendly surely

Glamorgan 672-6
    Surrey 511-2

No wonder Pope has such a ridiculously high average at his home ground, he's currently 169 no
    I don't even think they make pancakes as flat as the Oval has been this summer
  • Options

Glamorgan 672-6
    Surrey 511-2

I don't even think they make pancakes as flat as the Oval has been this summer
    When seamers take NO wickets in the match, there's something seriously wrong
  • Options
    Surrey deserve a points deduction for that tbh
  • Options
    Do a rebel tour!
  • Options
    Atherton has written another article today about the Pakistan tour calling the ECB cowards. This is from that article:

When Wasim Khan, the chief executive of the PCB, was rung by the ECB’s chief operating officer, David Mahoney, to call the tour off, Mahoney gave no specifics. When Wasim was called by the chief executive of the ECB, Tom Harrison, two days later, he was told the ECB could not get a team on the plane.

This week, representatives from the Team England Player Partnership (TEPP) have been ringing around various outlets, including The Times, distancing themselves from the notion that the decision not to go belonged to the players. A TEPP representative was quoted in The Daily Mail saying: “At no stage has the ECB asked the Team England Player Partnership or the men’s and women’s teams whether the tour should go ahead or whether players were prepared to tour Pakistan.”

Not surprisingly, this claim has gone down like a bucket of sick in Pakistan.

The ECB was asked for comment by this newspaper on these claims by TEPP, but there was none forthcoming, other than a desultory: “We have no comment to make on this.”

After the Hundred finished mid-season, the communications department at the ECB could not organise a press conference quick enough. Now, nothing, despite the serious consequences for another full-member nation if this decision has a domino effect.

And there you have, in two sentences, exactly where the ECB's priorities lie. Full article here:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/3757b232-1d68-11ec-8d6d-67649e90fafa?shareToken=1e918ed1d15c2bfe20f9334f39ad9153
    It's good that Atherton is beavering away on this, as the whole saga leaves a bad taste in the mouth

Especially when its not the players who told the ECB that they wouldn't go
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Do a rebel tour!
    A rebel tour in that part of the world has a completely different meaning 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Surrey deserve a points deduction for that tbh
    Agree with this. We criticise greentops for favouring the bowlers too much but this way just so far the opposite direction. I like to have the stream on in the background but I had to turn it off. Dull as anything. Nothing there for the bowlers at all. Game would still be a draw if it was a 10 day game.

The one redeeming feature was that all 11 of the Glamorgan players had a bowl!!
  • Options
    Have Surrey commented on the pitch ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morgan is looking rather out of touch in the IPL. Scored 7 from 8 in his previous match here and 8 from 14 today. These pitches aren't easy and 150-160 is easily defendable on them which is probably why we might need a Root type batsmen to bat through rather than ones who are just going out and throw their hands at the ball the whole time. 
  • Options
    And Sam Curran's 4-0-56-0 hardly inspires confidence either!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Have Surrey commented on the pitch ? 
    Yes.
    Day four suited the bowlers but the Surrey batsman showed a real determination not to get out.
  • Options
    At least he's taken his Test form into the IPL...
  • Options
    At least he's taken his Test form into the IPL...
    And while Jadeja is on 22* off 6, Curran is out at the other end for 4 off 4
  • Options
    Moeen Ali to announce his retirement from Test cricket tomorrow. Going to concentrate on white ball for England and various franchises he plays for. 
  • Options
    Moeen has had a "good in parts" test career but in my view has ultimately disappointed. It's clear he has/had the talent but it's a long time since he helped win matches against the top sides .At least he will no longer be a desperation pick when there's no one else to turn to .
  • Options
    Parkinson and Crane both had a storming game in the final Championship fixture. There's a chance we take both of them to Australia
  • Options
    Moeen has not 'disappointed' he's been a brilliant servant, yes maybe a little loose with bat and ball at times but he's never shirked and has helped England win plenty of games