Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    What an almost catch that was
  • Options
    15 overs...

153-2 vs 151-5
  • Options
    Meanwhile, in the Ashes Test, Australia are 5-2
    Be happier when Perry is out
  • Options
    Brook has to come to the party sooner rather than later as it can't all come from Salt
  • Options
    16 overs...

169-2 vs 162-5
  • Options
    Salt is peppering the boundary
  • Options
    Salt is peppering the boundary
    But Brook isn't - 10 off 12 isn't doing us any favours
  • Options
    17 overs...

180-3 vs 174-5
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Salt having a word with Brook at the change of ends. Probably telling him to just get off strike inside of trying to play scoop shots lol
  • Options
    Well that's one way to get off strike I suppose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe better to move on if he wasn't scoring. 
  • Options
    18 overs...

199-3 vs 184-6
  • Options
    19 overs...

210-4 vs 187-8

38 required from the last over. :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hate to say it but is Salt pushing Billings for that finishing role? Salt won't get an opening berth with Roy/Buttler/Banton competing for those positions but as Salt does keep too, we surely wouldn't have Buttler/Bairstow/Banton/Billings and Salt all in the same squad?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    First ball is a wide and then

36 from 6 becomes 30 from 5...
  • Options
    24 from 4...
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Salt bowled round his legs trying to make room. 57 off 24 is a very good innings in the circumstances.

24 from 3
  • Options
    Great effort by Salt
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    England finish on 204-9.

WI win by 20 runs.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Meanwhile, in the Ashes Test, Australia are 5-2
    Be happier when Perry is out
    She is now 

52-3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    199-3 
  • Options
    249-5
  • Options
    327-7 at close
  • Options
    Is there a separate women's cricket thread? :)
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Is there a separate women's cricket thread? :)
    there's an Ashes thread...
  • Options
    I'm not really sure why the Woman's ashes is called 'The Ashes'. Think it would've been nice for them to give it a different name like the Ryder Cup/Solheim Cup
  • Options
    I'm not really sure why the Woman's ashes is called 'The Ashes'. Think it would've been nice for them to give it a different name like the Ryder Cup/Solheim Cup
    The woman's ashes has nothing to do with golf?......... sorry, I knew what you meant. I'm fishing for lols
  • Options
    The Eyelashes  ;)
  • Options
    Meanwhile The Hundred fixtures that affects all things relating to England cricket in a negative way have been released - games being played, with the exception of 1st September, for 32 consecutive days from 3rd August to 3rd September.

Kent, for example, will have to play eight Royal London matches during that period without anything up to a dozen of their squad. Annual Members will feel cheated about having to watch what is a 2nd XI competition in all but name. No County Championship games or Blast matches whatsoever in August. It will be "answers on a postcard" as to what sort of side Kent will be able to put out for their actual 2nd XI games in that period - they might just as well call it the Academy/Kent Cricket League All Stars although I believe that the ECB have already patented "All Stars". 

England play just two Test matches and no ODIs or T20s during the 38 day period between 1st August and 7th September. These are at Lord's and Edgbaston with the final Test being at The Oval on 8th September. So, if you live north of the Midlands you and your children have no internationals whatsoever to watch in the five weeks before the kids return to school and it doesn't matter where you reside if you want to see England play an ODI or T20 in that period because there aren't any.

But let's remember why the ECB are doing this - and it isn't to enhance the County Championship, Blast or Royal London competitions or to improve England's Test side by playing the CC at the height of the summer. Why don't they have The Hundred, if they have to put it on, in and around the Easter break in April? The answer is simple and the same reason why the ECB didn't spend the same resource on The Blast as they did The Hundred. It's called greed and lining ones own pocket.

Let's not forget these are people who made 62 people redundant at the very same time that they awarded themselves a £2.1m bonus. This, despite the fact that the Governing Body made a loss of £16.5m and reserves that stood at £73m in 2016 have now dropped to just £2m. Less than the amount that their executives were paid by way of bonus.

At least no one could accuse Harrison and his cohorts of undermining the game at grassroots level, of ignoring blatant racism or doing nothing that will benefit the national team and in particular the Test side during the period that earned them that bonus.
  • Options
    The woman's ashes has nothing to do with golf?......... sorry, I knew what you meant. I'm fishing for lols
    Go on then you little scamp, you can have a LOL