Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    For any that are interested, England U19s have won the toss and have chosen to bat in their WC semi against Afghanistan. Looking forward to seeing Jacob Bethell bat again - once the drizzle stops that is!
  • Options
    Well that was somewhat disappointing - Bethell out LBW for 2
  • Options
    Well that was somewhat disappointing - Bethell out LBW for 2
    Stinker of a decision! missing leg... missing off... shame about middle 1/3 of the way up
  • Options
    Never let a scorned England cricketer miss an opportunity to have a "pop" (even if the ECB did get it totally wrong)

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/psl-2022-islamabad-uniteds-alex-hales-says-england-cancelling-pakistan-tour-last-year-made-absolutely-zero-sense-1299479
  • Options
    60-2 off 12 and Thomas 33* has been dropped twice so far
  • Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    Think Rew is a bit unlucky there, looked high
  • Options
    This Thomas is probably the worst batsman I've seen who's hit an international fifty
  • Options
    The misery is over. If that guy makes it as a senior international I'll be shocked
  • Options
    I can't pretend to know a great deal about under 19 cricket. 
    Even less about under 19 Afghanistan cricket. 
    But if this lot of England batsmen are our future we are in serious trouble. 
    They look absolutely shite. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dot ball?
  • Options
    They didn't get many today but Prest, Bethall & Luxton are all decent players
  • Options
    I'll have to take your word for it because today they all looked very poor. 
    As for Thomas despite scoring a 50 he looks like a pub player. 
  • Options
    These two doing well! Afghanistan not as assured when not bowling spin
  • Options
    /
    I'll have to take your word for it because today they all looked very poor. 
    As for Thomas despite scoring a 50 he looks like a pub player. 

Being groomed by the ECB for The Hundred my sources tell me
  • Options
    But I will say it again. We are not going to produce an Alastair Cook let alone someone of the elegance of a David Gower all the time we insist on relentless "see ball, hit ball" net sessions.

• Options
    Bell and Horton have done brilliant there. 
    Dug England out of a whole lot of trouble. 
  • Options
    Great effort from Bell & Horton there
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I absolutely hate what Boyden did there. Bowls the batsman and then runs up to him shouting in his face. Boyden talked before the game at how he likes to dish it out to the batsman but that is horrid. It's what Rabada got banned for doing.

This wasn't a game that Seb was involved in but I had a look at how one of his mates got out on Saturday. What the bowler then does is where we are at with some players:

As you can see, the Umpires took a dim view of it. And so they should. It's the look of astonishment on the bowler's face and him saying to his mates "why, did I say anything?" that gets me! I suspect that Boyden doesn't think he did anything wrong either. It's just not cricket. And where is this going to stop? If bowlers can do that why can't the batsman run up to the bowler waving his bat around every time he's hit him for a boundary.

• Options
    Scrapping for the right to be destroyed by India, I feel, alas

(Ruling out Australia is always stupid, but watch me, I'm doing it. They really aren't that good this time around, opening bowler Salzmann aside) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I mean Wyllie looks class, but he's more an Alistair Cook figure, he won't be taking any bowling attacks down
  • Options
    We are doing our best to lose this!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    20 off Sales' over. From needing 43 off 4 to needing  23 off 3

His old man won't be very happy!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Ahmed destined to be hero or zero

19 off 12 required
  • Options
    I think 3 wickets in the penultimate over makes him very much a hero
  • Options
    England win by 15 runs
  • Options
    Great stuff, lads ! 
  • Options
    Happy for Ahmed, who had an absolute shocker until that final over. You just can't be dropping that short. Hopefully in the final he's back on the right length
  • Options
    There's talk of Alec Stewart taking temporary charge in the Caribbean if Silverwood and co get the push 
  • Options
    Alec was the frontrunner for the role previously (cant remember if it was when Bayliss or Silverwood got it) he pulled out when the ECB refused to agree to do a split of roles and he felt the workload was too high for any one person.

Wonder if this suggests the ECB are now considering a split roles option?

Interesting that Alec is being considered (and has been previously) for a head coach role when his role at Surrey is officially director of cricket. I say officially because he still seems to spend significant amount of time in a tracksuit and coaching the players. It has long been a point of discussion about whether he is stepping on the toes of the head coach or whether he should spend more time upstairs.